Vibe passes

Jerseygich

I know I maybe getting ahead of myself here, but has anyone ever got Vibe passes for more than a 7 day cruise? Have an 11 day on the Encore in 2022 looking at and wondering what the cost might be. Any info would help. Thanks

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jerseygich said:

I know I maybe getting ahead of myself here, but has anyone ever got Vibe passes for more than a 7 day cruise? Have an 11 day on the Encore in 2022 looking at and wondering what the cost might be. Any info would help. Thanks

They went up in price a couple of years ago, to $129 for the seven day sailings... I believe that last time I bought Vibe on a 10 day cruise, it was $159, but I assume that it'll probably be a bit more than that... 

• Like 1

Yeah, on the Breakaway in December 2019 they were $209.

Last few I was on they were being sold in Headliners, but there's a sign pointing people there so they don't stand in line with everyone else at guest services.  Maybe it was just the ones I was on, but seemed like there were still passes available early afternoon.  Last cruise I was in boarding group 4 (I think, it's been so long..) and I was the 6th person to get one.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, joshgates said:

Yeah, on the Breakaway in December 2019 they were $209.

Last few I was on they were being sold in Headliners, but there's a sign pointing people there so they don't stand in line with everyone else at guest services.  Maybe it was just the ones I was on, but seemed like there were still passes available early afternoon.  Last cruise I was in boarding group 4 (I think, it's been so long..) and I was the 6th person to get one.

Thank you for the information! 

• Like 1

On 4/14/2021 at 9:01 PM, Summerstravel said:

Thank you for the information! 

You will need to run......literally. My wife and I gave up after getting Vibe passes three times. It became a battle. Usually you need to be in group one. They are sold out within 10-15 minutes. When you get to Headliners look for someone handing out numbered cards. They will have 80-100 of them. Get the card FIRST, then get in line to pay

What NCL should do is sell them online like they do for the Thermal Spa

Edited by Laszlo
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

I have never understood the reasoning behind not doing it that way. It seems as if Vibe will start taking up more and more space..so maybe they will!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Red-Sol said:

I have never understood the reasoning behind not doing it that way. It seems as if Vibe will start taking up more and more space..so maybe they will!

If the wanted to make some extra money they could have a bidding process like cabins Lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Laszlo said:

You will need to run......literally. My wife and I gave up after getting Vibe passes three times. It became a battle. Usually you need to be in group one. They are sold out within 10-15 minutes. When you get to Headliners look for someone handing out numbered cards. They will have 80-100 of them. Get the card FIRST, then get in line to pay

Wow not sure I want to have a heart attack lol trying get a vibe pass. Thank you for the information!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Laszlo said:

1 hour ago, Red-Sol said:

If Haven guests get a 10 day head start (like with dining reservations), non-Haven guests will complain.

If Haven guests don't get a 10 day head start (like with dining reservations), Haven guests will complain. 

There's no solution that will make everyone happy. Bid, lottery, foot race, online, etc.....nothing works for everyone. 

24 minutes ago, Summerstravel said:

Wow not sure I want to have a heart attack lol trying get a vibe pass. Thank you for the information!  

I happened to find this, if your not in the Haven this guy is pretty much spot on.....When my wife and I have gotten Vibe passes we were pretty much in line a check in between 8:30-9:00am

Edited by Laszlo
  • Like 2

I was going to get one on the Encore last year for the reasoning that they replaced Spice H20 with that silly looking whatever area with the Octopus tenacles.

I am usually early in arriving- usually getting in the 2nd boarding group so my odds would have been decent. 

For those that had it- was it worth the $30 per day ?(or potentially $55 per day over 4 days assuming 3 port days etc.) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HowardK said:

For those that had it- was it worth the $30 per day ?(or potentially $55 per day over 4 days assuming 3 port days etc.) 

For my wife and I, who mostly cruise to relax, I would say it's worth it for the uncrowded hot tub, no children, never having to worry about finding a lounge chair, and no waiting at the bar. It's also easy to make friends, as you will see the same small group of people every day. On a 4000 passenger ship, it's nice to have an area you know will always be there for you. 

That said, on our next cruise we will be trying the spa instead. It is only $40 more for the week and we can buy the passes in advance instead of stressing about early embarkation. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HowardK said:

I was going to get one on the Encore last year for the reasoning that they replaced Spice H20 with that silly looking whatever area with the Octopus tenacles.

I am usually early in arriving- usually getting in the 2nd boarding group so my odds would have been decent. 

For us it was worth it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AndyCapn said:

For my wife and I, who mostly cruise to relax, I would say it's worth it for the uncrowded hot tub, no children, never having to worry about finding a lounge chair, and no waiting at the bar. It's also easy to make friends, as you will see the same small group of people every day. On a 4000 passenger ship, it's nice to have an area you know will always be there for you. 

That said, on our next cruise we will be trying the spa instead. It is only $40 more for the week and we can buy the passes in advance instead of stressing about early embarkation. 

I love the thermal spa but there is no bar. I don't think the Norwegian Joy has a thermal spa which I find disappointing. ( which will probably be the ship I am on next) The spa is very relaxing! 

• Like 2

I find it fascinating the people make such a big deal over the Joy lacking a Thermal Suite. On other Breakaway-class ships, a few hundred out of the 4500+ passengers actually waste their money on the Thermal Suite (a very, very small percentage of the total passengers on the ship). Yet it seems to be a "deal breaker" for a very large percentage of people. With COVID restrictions, there will be fewer facilities with a lot fewer people... which means the prices (spa, vibe, etc.) will skyrocket. 

12 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

I find it fascinating the people make such a big deal over the Joy lacking a Thermal Suite. On other Breakaway-class ships, a few hundred out of the 4500+ passengers actually waste their money on the Thermal Suite (a very, very small percentage of the total passengers on the ship). Yet it seems to be a "deal breaker" for a very large percentage of people. With COVID restrictions, there will be fewer facilities with a lot fewer people... which means the prices (spa, vibe, etc.) will skyrocket. 

Not all people think the Thermal Spa is wasting money. Why bother posting since you don't have anything to add to the conversation?

• Like 4

Thanks all. I have previously gotten Vibe passes on the Escape a few years ago when it was still only $100 for the week. It was nice having your own little area and hanging with the same people for the week. Last couple of cruises have been on Epic with Spice H2O which worked fine for us. Would probably not consider Vibe if have Spice H2O.

• Like 2

Yeah....last time I cruised NCL I got VIBE passes.  I was shocked they had raised the price by $100 from the previous cruise.  Worth it?  I dunno.  If you are part of a group that wanted to get together in a non-crowded space to get some sun or hang out without being in the crowds, I'd say yes.

But, I swore I would not buy it again after the price went up.  $200+ is a little dear for me when there are other places I found to get some respite from the crowds.  That said, I did make some fun friends in the VIBE and we ended up meeting every day there.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Yeah....last time I cruised NCL I got VIBE passes.  I was shocked they had raised the price by $100 from the previous cruise.  Worth it?  I dunno.  If you are part of a group that wanted to get together in a non-crowded space to get some sun or hang out without being in the crowds, I'd say yes.

But, I swore I would not buy it again after the price went up.  $200+ is a little dear for me when there are other places I found to get some respite from the crowds.  That said, I did make some fun friends in the VIBE and we ended up meeting every day there.

When my wife and I first sailed the BA in September 2013 in was $79 for a week in the vibe. I don't think they sold half the passes Lol

• Like 1

On my last 2 cruises (November 2019 Getaway and February 2020 Encore) there were Vibe passes still available Monday afternoon.  Either the people on these sailings weren't 'Vibe' people or the price has gotten too high.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1