Need some advice

runnerswife

We booked 3 cruises for August 2022 last week.  QM over, QV to Norway and QM back with 2 days inbetween. The issue is that we have been charged for 5 deposits instead of 3.  Have called the agent at  I dealt with and she said she would talk with surpv. and so far nothing has happened.  My credit card went from "pending" to actual charges. Talked with 3 diferent people over the weekend and still nothing has happened.  She also said we would have $400 obc for each leg plus $100 for my hubby being aveteren  but confirmation only shows $300 total. I am so frustrated, the story goes on, but need to talk with SOMEONE, but to no avail on my part.  Any advice, at this point I will probably.  Sorry for the long rant......

You need to talk to hte agent - or her boss. This is why  you need to be picky about using an agent - if you don't have a competent one book direct. Tell them that you will telling the credit card company to reverse the charge unless you hear from them ASAP 

Edited by lissie
  • Like 1

I did book direct with Cunard and called her back when I saw the double deposit on two of the cruises and also asked her what happened with the obcs.  Her response was she would speak with her supervisor and get it straightened out.  This was a week ago.....nothing.  I called her again on Friday and again said she would get it sorted.  Nothing.  I put a complain in on my credit card and they are investigating.  Meanwhile over the weekend I spoke with 3 different people at Cunard, the last being "Guest Relations" who also told me she would get the charges reversed.  It is now Wed. and still nothing.  She also said there was nothing they could do about the obcs as it was obviously misquoted.  The agent that I dealt with does not answer her phone!.  It is $600 obcs difference and while not   a deal breaker I am disgusted with Cunard and at this point will probably cancel.....

I did book direct with Cunard last Wed.  When I noticed the 5 deposits for 3 cruises I call the agent back and she said she would get it straightened out.  Also the issue with the obcs.  Said she would speak with her supervisor and get both issues straightened.  Nothing!  Called her again on Fri and same thing, again Nothing!  Put a dispute on my credit card.  Over the weekend I spoke with three different people at Cunard the last being "Guest Relations" who alo said she would get the deposits removed. Also could do nothing about the differrnce in the obcs as it was a "misquote" by  the agent.  She did offer me $50 additional obc on 1 cruise.  It has now been a week and I have heard Nothing from anyone at Cunard.  The again I originally booked with does not answer her phone.  I cannot believe Cunard (we are not newbies).  At this point  I am so disgusted will probably cancel.......

4 minutes ago, runnerswife said:

I did book direct with Cunard and called her back when I saw the double deposit on two of the cruises and also asked her what happened with the obcs.  Her response was she would speak with her supervisor and get it straightened out.  This was a week ago.....nothing.  I called her again on Friday and again said she would get it sorted.  Nothing.  I put a complain in on my credit card and they are investigating.  Meanwhile over the weekend I spoke with 3 different people at Cunard, the last being "Guest Relations" who also told me she would get the charges reversed.  It is now Wed. and still nothing.  She also said there was nothing they could do about the obcs as it was obviously misquoted.  The agent that I dealt with does not answer her phone!.  It is $600 obcs difference and while not   a deal breaker I am disgusted with Cunard and at this point will probably cancel.....

I did book direct with Cunard last Wed.  When I noticed the 5 deposits for 3 cruises I call the agent back and she said she would get it straightened out.  Also the issue with the obcs.  Said she would speak with her supervisor and get both issues straightened.  Nothing!  Called her again on Fri and same thing, again Nothing!  Put a dispute on my credit card.  Over the weekend I spoke with three different people at Cunard the last being "Guest Relations" who alo said she would get the deposits removed. Also could do nothing about the differrnce in the obcs as it was a "misquote" by  the agent.  She did offer me $50 additional obc on 1 cruise.  It has now been a week and I have heard Nothing from anyone at Cunard.  The again I originally booked with does not answer her phone.  I cannot believe Cunard (we are not newbies).  At this point  I am so disgusted will probably cancel.......

Don’t waste your time on Cunard Customer Services, they are appalling for those without a PCS.

A quick detailed complaint to

Executive.Correspondence@carnivalukgroup.com

Hope you soon get this issue resolved.  It sounds like you need to find a good travel agent that would go to Cunard for you to solve issue.  That is one of the great things when you use a travel agent, they spend all the time dealing with the cruise line and not you.

• Like 1

The same happened to me regarding a discount , they  denied saying it.  IbJust reminded Cunard that all calls will be recorded digitally ,and that anyting said by a cunard agent verbally is a binding offer. I asked, nicely that they send me a copy of the recoriding.  Within a few days I had the promised discount

On 4/15/2021 at 12:08 PM, Windsurfboy said:

The same happened to me regarding a discount , they  denied saying it.  IbJust reminded Cunard that all calls will be recorded digitally ,and that anyting said by a cunard agent verbally is a binding offer. I asked, nicely that they send me a copy of the recoriding.  Within a few days I had the promised discount

Well done Wind Surf Boy.