Carnival’s CEO states that they will not require vaccinations

Prismism

2 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

There is also plenty of state data from three states who recently compiled data. Breakthrough cases effect the older/sicker overwhelmingly. 

I don't find that to be credible.

5 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

The vaccines are performing well. There are almost no valid reasons for not getting vaccinated. Most of the people opting out of the vaccine are doing so for invalid reasons.

I’ll add this from Wikipedia with the understanding they aren’t the most reliable. But most of these pulled medicines do seem accurate. 
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_withdrawn_drugs

16 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Vaccines are performing at 99%. That is pretty awesome IMO and something to be excited about and  not pointed out as doom and gloom.   

Some people thrive on doom and gloom and would be absolutely miserable if they didn't have something to complain about.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, cruisingguy007 said:

No "minor symptoms" were accounted for. Plus how many didn't even notice or had symptoms so minor that they didn't even get tested?

Not interested in debating hypotheticals.  I'll wait for fact based analysis by apolitical experts like Dr Fauci.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

One of our local news outlets, KPRC, posted this a few hours ago about the Vista and Breeze crew all getting vaccinated at UTMB. From the article:

"Once cruising resumes, guests will also be required to be vaccinated and show proof. Both staff and guests will undergo COVID-19 testing as well."

I am hoping like hell that statement is correct. They haven't retracted the article or anything, so fingers crossed. 🙂  Vaxxed and packed, baby! 🌴🛳️🌞

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2021/05/04/hundreds-of-cruise-ship-crew-members-get-vaccinated-in-galveston-ahead-of-anticipated-cruising-ban-lift/

• Like 4

We will skip the shore excursions if they require wearing masks outside.  We've never worn one outside and don't plan on wearing one on excursions in the hot sun.  I've thought about rescheduling our August cruise, but figured that we will just go with the flow.  

We have a balcony cabin on the Mardi Gras and the ship will probably not be filled to capacity, so we can just enjoy that.  But wearing masks on excursions outside in the hot sun is more than we are willing to do.  We are vaccinated and aren't putting people at risk.  The mask rule for outside is ridiculous for vaccinated people.  It's all for show.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Moviela said:

Getting back to the title of the thread, the latest gestations from the CDC recognizes the effect of the vaccine on the spread of the disease, and the elimination of the need for hospitalization for the poor souls that contract it after vaccination. To that end they are saying the need for simulated cruises is moot and the no sail order modified if 98% of crew and 95% of passengers are vaccinated. This might be the time for those adults that wish to cruise in July or August to roll up their sleeves. If you are the extreme few who have a medically articulatable reason to not take the vaccine, and supported by the peer reviewed literature (the science) I would respectfully request you wait until herd immunity is declared. The rest of you who have decided the emergency declaration of approval gives you leave to avoid the vaccine should receive respect for your decision, it is your right. You should also be aware that many activities of normal life will be closed to you and you have no reasonable expectation of a right to force participation. This is because you have no right to slough virus onto others. You will be joining the other nudnik's who can't wear a mask, wash their hands, ignore quarantines, and throw a tantrum when demanding a right that does not exist for them. 

I believe Carnival and the other lines represented by CLIA will need to make the decision soon as to whether they will require vaccinations, and cruise sooner, or to not require it and starting ringing the register later.  If I had a Board of Directors and shareholders to answer to, I would cruise sooner. 

The Governor and Legislature in Florida have now have passed a bill to prohibit vaccine passports or mandatory vaccinations. Good for them, however, they may not receive leave to sail from Florida ports without simulated cruises, and the other laundry list of restrictions from the CDC. This may be the reason Carnival is polishing the posts and rails in Galveston to start cruising there. Texas has even lined up vaccine for arriving crew in that port. It looks like the orchestra is fixin' to play at the Dome in Long Beach too. Both Panorama and Miracle have been tied to the dolphins (on different days) in Long Beach for the past many weeks.

CDC has said Mid-July  could be the start. I hope they can start earlier so Fourth of July cruises can sail, to be in agreement with policies of their boss, the President. 

Hate to break it to you but Texas prohibits vaccine passports by any business that has ever received a dime of taxpayer money. Don’t know if Carnival every has received bailout money, loans, etc. but if it did, it’s governed by Abbott’s EO.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, dallasdan said:

For those worried about the 5% and criminal forgers ruining their cruise because of an outbreak, please answer the following:  Couldn't a vaccinated person bring covid on to the ship and cause an outbreak among the vaccinated?  I thought you could still get covid and transmit with the vaccine.  

Yes. If anyone steps off the ship into a port city surrounded by unvaccinated or sick people, they can certainly bring it back onboard.

11 hours ago, cscurlock said:

I think at the end of the day the cruise lines will require vaccinations because of the cost.  Its just a no brainer.  Vaccinated people could get Covid but it won't put them in a hospital and it wont stop a cruise.  At the end of the day this is the bottom line.  They wont take a chance on having to turn around and quarantine the entire ship.  They just cant afford that headline. So they are going to throw out the simulated voyages and just require vaccinations because it costs very little.  People who want to wait for full approval for the vaccine or herd immunity, they can wait.  I wouldn't worry about the counterfeit cards, states have databases they can check those when you do your check in.

It’s not up to them. It’s up to the laws of the states they depart from.

19 minutes ago, CI66774 said:

Yes. If anyone steps off the ship into a port city surrounded by unvaccinated or sick people, they can certainly bring it back onboard.

Nearly all the data suggests vaccinated people are almost never speaders of the disease, even in the very rare breakthrough infections.  Those who dont understand medial science or are not following real research really should check themselves before making up wildly improbable straw men to joust with.

People with no understanding of interstate commerce and constitutional law like to be pretend lawyers too.  Why dont we wait for qualified people to opine.

Edited by Pizzasteve
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, harkinmr said:

Federal law wins.

The CDC has to win against the injunction on May 12th first. The CDC has no authority to make LAW. They have implemented a CSO against science and facts. They have single -handedly attacked a publicly traded company without data nor fact. As a government entity, they have drastically overstepped their authority. The case is being heard by probably the worst judge the CDC could have hoped for. If the injunction is successful, the CSO ceases and they would have to appeal to a higher court. I am not 100% sure on this, but the appeal would be to the FL Supreme Court who will be in no hurry whatsoever to hear it. By the time they would get around to it cruising will have been going on for months, longer than the CSO was in effect for.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

We will skip the shore excursions if they require wearing masks outside.  We've never worn one outside and don't plan on wearing one on excursions in the hot sun.  I've thought about rescheduling our August cruise, but figured that we will just go with the flow.  

We have a balcony cabin on the Mardi Gras and the ship will probably not be filled to capacity, so we can just enjoy that.  But wearing masks on excursions outside in the hot sun is more than we are willing to do.  We are vaccinated and aren't putting people at risk.  The mask rule for outside is ridiculous for vaccinated people.  It's all for show.

I don't think there will be any requirement for masks. They have already eliminated wearing them outdoors if you are vaccinated. 

• Like 2