March 2022 Miami hotels

Cruisesfun65

Might be the  Ultra Music festival.  Look for hotels away from downtown - Coconut Grove, etc. or possibly fly into and stay near FLL, then Uber/Lyft to POM the morning of your cruise.

On 4/19/2021 at 2:41 PM, Cruizer Bill said:

How much is Uber/Lyft from FLL Hotel to POM?  Thanks!

UberX or Standard Lyft was about $35+ pre-virus; if you need UberXL the fare will be closer to $70.  You can open up the app and do a mock booking now to check the current fare.

• Like 1

It’s not Ultra as that starts on the 22nd of March in 2022.  It can just be since it’s early, the prices are showing as high. 

Not sure what you consider really high, but it’s the middle of season so prices will be higher. 

A new Hotel Indigo opened in the Brickell area and may be having some specials since they are new.

Prices almost everywhere that attract tourist seem to be sky high.  In my area of Pensacola Beach prices are up around 25% pre-pandemic.  I just booked Embassy Suites in Fort Lauderdale for early February 2022 that I cancelled last February and the price is 27% higher than last February.  Good thing I had plenty of Hilton miles.

Edited by franktown
add

• 3 weeks later...

Looking for the first week of March '22 and also saw the higher pricing. I guess it's post pandemic pricing! :classic_smile:

I am looking at Best Western Plus Windsor Inn, North Miami a few nights pre-cruise as a base (parking, fair sized pool, breakfast/dining at strip mall in direct vicinity) after coming from Cape Canaveral for another visit to the Space Center. :classic_biggrin: But.. I am not sure about North Miami! We will be out and about during the days (shopping, beach, etc, the tourist things!) and we have found Miami quite practicable with a car.

We've been a few times to Miami, stayed downtown, Ocean Drive, Hialeah and even way up in Weston (near FLL). 

Looked at Brickell but parking at the hotels is almost half the rental car per day. :classic_mellow:

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

*bump*

@david_sobe, @BirdTravels may I ask for your help with my previous post? :classic_smile:

I had to google the address.  This is the one at 122 St and Biscayne?  I have personally never stayed there but being on Biscayne puts you close to many things both north and south and not far from the port at all.  You are close to Aventura Mall, not far from 95 and not too far from the port. If you ask me if I would stay there, I definitely would.

• Thanks 1

On 5/21/2021 at 12:44 AM, david_sobe said:

I had to google the address.  This is the one at 122 St and Biscayne?  I have personally never stayed there but being on Biscayne puts you close to many things both north and south and not far from the port at all.  You are close to Aventura Mall, not far from 95 and not too far from the port. If you ask me if I would stay there, I definitely would.

Thanks, really appreciate it! Booked! We'll be out and about so not spending too much cruise money heh, planning trips to the Everglades, some mall shopping, the beach, driving up and down Ocean Drive until the family gets tired if it LOL (some first Miami visitors along this time), perhaps some bicycling or kayaking/SUP boarding in the bay too. Thanks again! :classic_smile:

22 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Thanks, really appreciate it! Booked! We'll be out and about so not spending too much cruise money heh, planning trips to the Everglades, some mall shopping, the beach, driving up and down Ocean Drive until the family gets tired if it LOL (some first Miami visitors along this time), perhaps some bicycling or kayaking/SUP boarding in the bay too. Thanks again! :classic_smile:

There is a state park just a few miles north on Biscayne Blvd that has kayaking. I have never been there but have driven past it countless times.  Although with Covid, I have not seen the kayak signs lately but perhaps they will be coming back.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, madera1 said:

We too are looking for a one night stay mid March. Would like to pick up some wine at a total wine prior to going to the port. Looking for suggestions of a hotel under $250 

Unless they opened up a new location, the TW in Miami is not close to POM, but there are several Publix grocery stores with reasonably good wine selections scattered around town.