New entry rules

FlightMedic555

if this is the final rule it would appear unvaccinated people will be challenged to travel 

From the TahitiInfos website (translated)-

On the issue of opening borders, the High Commissioner announced that they would only be possible by air transport at first. As of 1 st May, tourist movements will be possible again to the United States only. On the other hand, the health situation in metropolitan France does not allow the immediate resumption of travel to France, which remains impossible "until further notice".

On the announcement of the new health protocol of entry into the territory applicable from 1 st May, President detailed a target device based on the medical condition of the travelers.

For vaccinated travelers:

A negative RT-PCR test three days before departure

Proof of "complete vaccination schedule"

A declaration of itinerary and contacts on the Etis platform

An antigen test on arrival at Tahiti-Faa'a airport

No quarantine

A "possible" self-test at D + 4 (the President of the Country indicated that this possibility had not yet been decided)

For travelers who have already contracted the Covid:

A serological test of less than a month proving the presence of antibodies

An antigen test on arrival at Tahiti-Faa'a airport

No quarantine

A "possible" self-test at D + 4 (the President of the Country indicated that this possibility had not yet been decided)

For unvaccinated travelers:

An antigen test on arrival at Tahiti-Faa'a airport

A quarantine of 10 days

Two self-tests on D + 4 and D + 8

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, FlightMedic555 said:

Not sure so I wanted to reach out.  Also not sure if group has been vaccinated.  Looks to be challenging to go if the rules stand 

I think that everybody in our group (26 total) is, or will be, vaccinated. I had thought of contacting ATO about the Blue Lagoon tour, but I have not done so yet. I will survey the group and shoot an email to Ato as soon as I get a chance.

20 minutes ago, MotuIslander said:

I think that everybody in our group (26 total) is, or will be, vaccinated. I had thought of contacting ATO about the Blue Lagoon tour, but I have not done so yet. I will survey the group and shoot an email to Ato as soon as I get a chance.

I sent Ato an email and polled my group for interest.

Let's hope with all of the precautions that everything goes well in May. 

"If it is based on a protocol (see box) today validated by Paris, the gradual resumption of tourist activity will be in the “test” phase, in May, as Edouard Fritch indicated on Thursday. The reopening of borders is designed in a “ progressive and responsible ” manner and its character is “ reversible ”.”Is not excluded:“ In the event of an epidemic resumption (…), if there was a danger that appeared for our population, we would go back ”, warned Dominique Sorain."

Per the latest press release and the summary sheets available at the link posted by MrRandal above:  "Upon arrival, non-vaccinated and non-immunized travellers will all have to quarantine for 10 days in Tahiti, whatever the results of their test is.  The summary sheets have been updated."

Fortunately the current protocols mean nothing for PG cruisers as the ship isn't sailing until at least August 28, 2021. Think about it  ... the current protocols would require a couple to spend around $1000 for covid related requirements, even after having a current vaccine. And if your on a Windstar cruise you will not only need to follow the current protocols but be required to utilize ship excursions or a ship chaperone if your walking into town. 

Hopefully things will greatly change over the coming months and there won't be near the required protocol's.  In the current letter, "This new formalities are available below and may change in the coming weeks." 

Frankly I'm glad my July 2021 cruise was cancelled ... just to many protocols at this time. Keeping my hopes up for later this year  ....

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna
  • Like 2

On 4/22/2021 at 5:18 PM, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

Fortunately the current protocols mean nothing for PG cruisers as the ship isn't sailing until at least August 28, 2021. Think about it  ... the current protocols would require a couple to spend around $1000 for covid related requirements, even after having a current vaccine. And if your on a Windstar cruise you will not only need to follow the current protocols but be required to utilize ship excursions or a ship chaperone if your walking into town. 

Hopefully things will greatly change over the coming months and there won't be near the required protocol's.  In the current letter, "This new formalities are available below and may change in the coming weeks." 

Frankly I'm glad my July 2021 cruise was cancelled ... just to many protocols at this time. Keeping my hopes up for later this year  ....

It costs $1000 for COVID related requirements to travel here? Would you please share more information? Thanks 

5 minutes ago, travelovingnurse said:

It costs $1000 for COVID related requirements to travel here? Would you please share more information? Thanks 

Doesn't really matter as the protocols will likely change over the coming months ... hopefully by the time my next cruise happens later this year things will be a bit easier and less expensive. 

I wouldn't worry about it at this time 😉