Will rates drop after final -payment due?

starketcher

We booked just 8 weeks out. Six weeks out, and ours went down. So, your chances are good that they will go down. Be sure and check a site that shows your state of residency for state discounts. That's how we found ours and received a $200 pp shipboard credit.

There is just as good a chance that the rates will go up. Maybe they were recently lowered to induce some action so to speak on that sailing. Once that happens they will begin to go back up. My advice is always to book if you think the price is right. If it does drop most any good TA, PVP, etc can get you a credit.

I am fairly happy with the rate but figure if it drops then I probably wont qualify for the reduction due to some technicality. I am not dead set on the date and thus think I might get a cheaper rate. I can wait if the rates increase...but I dont wanna!!!!!!!!!

Since you are flexible on timing, just keep an eye on the prices for several dates and then grab one when the pricing goes down. Above posts about pricing can go up or down are correct; our upcoming Spirit cruise was very slow selling and even the TA's all thought it would go down. Wrong, it went up after final payment.

The last weekend of that cruise happens to be a holiday weekend... many people have Monday off, which makes that a great week for travel (no hurry to get home, etc)... I definitely wouldn't say that the chances are good pricing will go down... if anything, I'd say the opposite. I've gotten reductions after final payment, in the form of shipboard credits... it does happen, you just have to ask and see... but I wouldn't count on the price coming down.

Archived