New Facebook conversation with Josh Leibowitz

wesport

There is a new Facebook conversation with Josh Wednesday at 3:15 pm. I will watch, but the last one was a waste of time discussing how many bow ties Handre has , Etc. I guess they want to stay relevant by doing these conversations. 

19 minutes ago, wesport said:

...the last one was a waste of time discussing how many bow ties Handre has , Etc...

LOL

I was very disappointed that last time, in spite of the preponderance of questions about vaccine and desire to hear that Seabourn will require vaccination AND testing for everyone on board, Josh would not address this issue.  It was a waste of time, indeed.

This time, I'd bet it'll be a cheerful sales effort for their Ovation Greece sailings as well as the new 2022/23 itineraries that have just been announced.

For the Ovation sailings in Greek this summer, Seabourn did announce that vaccination will be required, but that's due to the requirement by Greece.  (Of course, Seabourn has to abide by the country's regulations.)  It will be great if Seabourn would come out and make a general and definitive statement, but I doubt it.  (Hope to be proved wrong.)

Seabourn is also requiring COVID testing, Greece is not requiring testing if you have proof of a complete vaccination.   We have signed up for a 14 Greece cruise and have received all the details we need.   I expect there will be changes between now and our sailing date but Seabourn or our TA will keep us informed.

2 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Seabourn is also requiring COVID testing, Greece is not requiring testing if you have proof of a complete vaccination.

That is the prudent protocol: testing on top of vaccination, since vaccination is not 100%, and people have already been selling CDC blank vaccination cards online and teaching others how to make fake vaccination credentials in the US.

I've just watched the conversation.  It was rather brief.  The big news was additional itineraries in the Caribbean--embarking in Barbados this July on the Odyssey.

Handre asked the questions about the onboard experience and what it would be like.  The answers from the president were, I thought, somewhat vague.  However, he SEEMED to be saying, that as of right now, guests would be required to wear masks in public areas, except while eating or drinking.  

About excursions and ports.  He said that SB would have to follow local guidance.  That seemed to mean that in some places SB excursions might be the only option, while in others local authorities might loosen things up.  Nothing was explicitly said.  You had to read between some lines I thought. 

What did others think the answers meant?  Do you agree with my interpretation--or do you see it differently?

Edited by SLSD

2 minutes ago, SLSD said:

I've just watched the conversation.  It was rather brief.  The big news was additional itineraries in the Caribbean--embarking in Barbados this June on the Odyssey.

Handre asked the questions about the onboard experience and what it would be like.  The answers from the president were, I thought, somewhat vague.  However, he SEEMED to be saying, that as of right now, guests would be required to wear masks in public areas, except while eating or drinking.  

About excursions and ports.  He said that SB would have to follow local guidance.  That seemed to mean that in some places SB excursions might be there only option, while in other local authors might loosen things up.  Nothing was explicitly said.  You had to read between some lines I thought. 

What did others think the answers meant?  Do you agree with my interpretation--or do you see it differently?

Another Caribbean cruise does not excite me.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tjcox9 said:

The cruises begin on July 18 actually. 

I was curious about the %capacity they'll be booking. Will it be 50-60% as I believe was stated for the Ovation.

Ok.  I remember that now.  Thank you.    I've corrected my post.   I don't recall any comment concerning capacity.  

Edited by SLSD

17 minutes ago, SLSD said:

I've just watched the conversation.  It was rather brief.  The big news was additional itineraries in the Caribbean--embarking in Barbados this June on the Odyssey.

About excursions and ports.  He said that SB would have to follow local guidance.  That seemed to mean that in some places SB excursions might be the only option, while in others local authorities might loosen things up.  Nothing was explicitly said.  You had to read between some lines I thought. 

Excellent summary, we heard and understood the same as you.

• Like 1

Agreed, he was vague to a great extent.  Perhaps it's based upon  June 26, 2020, when he was appointed President and reported directly to Stein Kruse, President of the Holland America Line.  My impression is that he dances to the HAL music.  If true, doesn't say much for the autonomy of Seabourn.

9 minutes ago, cuddles115 said:

Agreed, he was vague to a great extent.  Perhaps it's based upon  June 26, 2020, when he was appointed President and reported directly to Stein Kruse, President of the Holland America Line.  My impression is that he dances to the HAL music.  If true, doesn't say much for the autonomy of Seabourn.

It did seem that Handre was trying to elicit more information for guests.  I may have imagined that, but it appeared that way to me.  

6 minutes ago, SLSD said:

It did seem that Handre was trying to elicit more information for guests.  I may have imagined that, but it appeared that way to me.  

Doubt it. I hope I'm wrong.  My impression....dog and pony show. Intended to say nothing about nothing

save for Barbados being a homeport. 

57 minutes ago, cuddles115 said:

Doubt it. I hope I'm wrong.  My impression....dog and pony show. Intended to say nothing about nothing

save for Barbados being a homeport. 

Was hoping to get some clarity for all remaining cruises such as Northern Europe and Mediterranean for the rest of the year. Nothing.