New Iceland cruises added

stretchcruz

28 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

Cruises on Jupiter are now showing on the Viking website.  With lots of categories showing Sold Out, Limited Availability or only 1-3 left.  The Owner’s Suite is showing available for the 14th sailing.   

There is tremendous demand for these sailings especially because sailing out of the US is seeming to be harder and less likely every day. I am guessing that Viking will add August cruises too to Iceland if things do not open up.

• Like 1

We're thinking strongly enough about booking the July 13 sailing that we've put a 24-hour hold on a DV cabin. I hadn't even heard about these two new departures until our long-time Viking agent phoned this morning. So very tempting, but we're still not fully confident that causing will be safe by then!

3 hours ago, stretchcruz said:

Deec

Hi Dobie,

good to see you posting!!!  Maybe we will be on the same ship again someday!!! 

3 hours ago, stretchcruz said:

That would be nice!!!

How cool!  2 of my favorite posters that I've sort of gotten to know this past year - and they know each other!  Hoping Dobie, we get to sail with you in November in Rome... and Dee, hoping we see you in Buenos Aires in March!   (sorry I messed up the multiple quote 🙂

Edited by CCWineLover
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Geoffa30 said:

Hi All. Sorry to jump in but I am I right to assume these Iceland (and Bermuda) cruises are for US passengers only as I cannot see them in the U.K.?

My friend in Scotland wondered the same thing.  Here is a link to the US website.  Maybe that can help?  Or try to find a US travel agent like ours to ask. 
https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/cruise-destinations/baltic/icelands-natural-beauty/index.html#search/sfym=2021-7&sftcm=13-163298

25 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

My friend in Scotland wondered the same thing.  Here is a link to the US website.  Maybe that can help?  Or try to find a US travel agent like ours to ask. 
https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/cruise-destinations/baltic/icelands-natural-beauty/index.html#search/sfym=2021-7&sftcm=13-163298

Thank you. The link auto directs to the U.K. website and says page not found so must be a US exclusive of sorts. Can’t complain given we have the U.K. exclusive. Hoping Viking will do something in July after the current May/June U.K. sailings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Geoffa30 said:

Hi All. Sorry to jump in but I am I right to assume these Iceland (and Bermuda) cruises are for US passengers only as I cannot see them in the U.K.?

Apparently they are, cause I doubt all coutnries have access to the same destinations right now. Its weird, but this is how it is right now 

13 minutes ago, Geoffa30 said:

Thank you. The link auto directs to the U.K. website and says page not found so must be a US exclusive of sorts. Can’t complain given we have the U.K. exclusive. Hoping Viking will do something in July after the current May/June U.K. sailings.

If you have access to a VPN you could fool the website into thinking you’re in the US.   Or give a call to a US agent if you’re interested in booking.....presuming anything is still available. 

Dee and I sailed Barcelona to Stockholm. And she's famous. She and her husband Patrick were on Jane McDonald's episode on our cruise on the Sky. Jane was filming on board and found Dee in the laundry room 😁😁

6 hours ago, deec said:

Hi Dobie,

2 hours ago, CCWineLover said:

Deec

Hi Dobie,

How cool!  2 of my favorite posters that I've sort of gotten to know this past year - and they know each other!  Hoping Dobie, we get to sail with you in November in Rome... and Dee, hoping we see you in Buenos Aires in March!   (sorry I messed up the multiple quote 🙂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stretchcruz said:

Good for you! I think that you can transfer the booking to your TA when they get back so that you get the perks.

The Viking Rep told me to give my Booking # to my TA when she returns from her vacation.

I am very happy to be returning to Iceland!!!   We tied to get on Sky, but it was sold out.  We were able to book Jupiter for July 13th.  It's selling out very fast.  We're experienced cruisers, but new to Viking.  Any suggestions or comments relevant to switching from 6 star lines to Viking is appreciated - - - TA perks, dinner dress code, included shore excursions, etc.  Will there be long lines to get off and on the ship?  

1 hour ago, Travel2Learn said:

I am very happy to be returning to Iceland!!!   We tied to get on Sky, but it was sold out.  We were able to book Jupiter for July 13th.  It's selling out very fast.  We're experienced cruisers, but new to Viking.  Any suggestions or comments relevant to switching from 6 star lines to Viking is appreciated - - - TA perks, dinner dress code, included shore excursions, etc.  Will there be long lines to get off and on the ship?  

Caveat: Any information you receive prior to the first sailings will be based on pre-Covid procedures. 

Welcome!  Hope you will enjoy Viking. We certainly do but we were moving up from 3 star lines so....

If you booked directly through Viking you have a window (30 days?) to transfer to a Travel Agent. The max amount that

Viking allows for a cruise if this length is $150pp. Ours provides it as a refundable OBC. I think some others may provide it in other ways. If you ask and the agent can’t/won’t provide that much, you ought to consider keeping on looking for one who does. A lot of folks on here (me included) believe it is worth it. 

Somewhere on this board there is a long thread for 1st Time Viking cruisers, highly worthwhile reading/skimming. There are also several threads that compare Viking to more upscale lines so that you can adjust your expectations as needed. Be advised since some don’t appear to be before booking that there are no butlers for anyone.  

Dress is resort casual, and based on comments on the current rollcalls, I think most expect these cruises to be more casual. No jeans in the dining room, collared shirts for men is about the extent of the code. On our previous cruises we have seen some sparkly outfits on a few ladies and some gentlemen in jackets but they are the exception rather than the rule. 

Included excursions will typically be a 2-3 panoramic (bus) tour with a stop or three at points of interests. We expect on this cruise to take some of the optional excursions-typically Viking’s pricing as been only slightly higher than independent tours which is unlike other lines where it’s more expensive. 

Typically we have not encounter long lines anywhere but in China because of the government’s security forces we did. With the many Covid procedures Viking has in place, it wouldn’t surprise me if there are some lines. 

Lots of Information on each of the Iceland rollcalls. Lots of us are following all of them. You might want to do the same. 

Holler with other questions. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Travel2Learn said:

Hi Travel2Learn -  rather than have everyone repeat everything, you might consider doing a search on the Viking Forums.  There are quite a number of very good details that have been provided on just these points:   TA perks, dinner dress code, included shore excursions, etc.  Will there be long lines to get off and on the ship?  

Some examples:

Dress Codes search:

Shore Excursions - came up with 116 results:

• Like 1

On 4/20/2021 at 11:32 AM, stretchcruz said:

Viking added 2 more Iceland cruises, July 13 and July 20. The email doesn't say which ship.

This just in. Viking Cruises has opened up 2 more Iceland Ocean cruises for July 2021. These 8-day cruises start at $2,599. At these prices I expect these Viking Iceland Cruises to be sold out by the end of the day.  I thought of you and simply did not want to leave you out of this wonderful news.

With Viking's cruise exploring Iceland's Natural Beauty, d iscover Iceland's majestic shores as you explore this northern isle's coastal towns. Encounter unparalleled natural beauty and witness cascading waterfalls amid pristine fjord landscapes. Discover Viking heritage as you follow in the footsteps of intrepid explorer Leif Eriksson. Or observe the wealth of wildlife, from puffins to the gentle giants of the sea. Join us for a truly immersive experience that brings you closer to nature and all her splendor.

• Sail roundtrip Reykjavik for 8 days, starting July 13, 2021, or July 20, 2021 from just $2,599
  • Visit 1 country, with ports in ĺsafjördur, Akureyri, Seydisfjördur, Djúpivogur, and Westman Islands, where you can enjoy 6 guided tours.

Don't be left out, as with pent up demand, we expect these voyages to sell out immediately. With Viking's Inclusive Value, you can enjoy:

We got on the July 13 cruise.  Anyone else