Would you go iv everyone is not vacinated?

Tennessee Titan

Would you go on a cruise where everyone is NOT vaccinated?  

419 members have voted

1. 1. Would you go on a cruise where everyone is NOT vaccinated?

• Yes
    • No

On 5/26/2021 at 1:15 PM, ChutChut said:

Actually serious illness and death have resulted even with the vaccination. Not large numbers though. 300 have died and thousands have been hospitalized with Covid after being fully vaccinated.

Very true, this table from the UK Indian variant :

B0E7809E-0B86-4FC3-8899-433747ECA03C.jpeg

• Like 1

On 4/21/2021 at 7:07 PM, rkacruiser said:

For me to consider booking a cruise again, I have two requirements.  

100% of crew and guests must be fully vaccinated.

Wearing of masks is not required.  

Agree and adding no social distancing.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

“Two passengers who shared a room onboard Celebrity Cruises' Celebrity Millennium ship, which was carrying only fully vaccinated passengers and crew, have tested positive for COVID-19...The tests came back positive during end-of-cruise testing, which is completed 72-hours before returning to the United States...The vessel is currently docked in Curaço and the passengers who tested positive remain on board in isolation, Fishman said. The ship will return to St. Maarten this Saturday to disembark...’The individuals are asymptomatic and currently in isolation and being monitored by our medical team. We are conducting contact tracing, expediting testing for all close contacts and closely monitoring the situation,’ Celebrity's statement read.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2021/06/10/passengers-positive-covid-after-sailing-100-vaccinated-cruise/7645511002/

Best wishes to all!

Edited by syesmar
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, AKJonesy said:

Is there going to be such a thing as a 100% vaccination rate on cruises?  I keep hearing the threshold many are trying to achieve is 95%.  

The requirement on HAL is 100% vaccination uni8l at least October 30th, 2021.

those are the requirements for our cruise.  Anyone with anyone that can’t be vaccinated is being transferred to a 2022 cruise.

So, yes it seems to be possible.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, rucrazy said:

Anything is possible.... the question for us is how probable is it..

I was simply reporting the facts.  I am currently booked on a cruise and the requirement is 100% vaccination.  Anyone not vaccinated or who cannot be (ie with children) is being moved to 2022.

• Like 1

Regarding the news on 6/10/21 of 2 passengers testing positive for the novel coronavirus, while most media outlets—including Royal Caribbean Group’s own press release—stated that the sailing was “fully vaccinated”, according to eyewitnesses, there are 8 children on board not yet approved for vaccination. It was explained to me that by virtue of following the “95% vaccinated” guidance, they are saying “fully vaccinated.” To me, it is confusing to call a sailing “fully vaccinated” when it is not 100% vaccinated (which ended up being the headline from many news organizations).

Here’s a first-hand account: https://thepointsguy.com/news/celebrity-millennium-cruise-ship-covid/

About the 2 cases, according to the article, “I asked what will happen to the ill passengers when we reach St. Maarten in two days — we have a sea day tomorrow — and I was told that they will have to disembark, go straight to a hotel and stay there until they return negative test results....”

Best wishes for all on board!

Edited by syesmar
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, syesmar said:

About the 2 cases, according to the article, “I asked what will happen to the ill passengers when we reach St. Maarten in two days — we have a sea day tomorrow — and I was told that they will have to disembark, go straight to a hotel and stay there until they return negative test results....”

I wonder who pays for the hotel quarantine.  Celebrity, the PAX, insurance?  Anybody know?  All of us should be prepared for such an eventuality.

Edited by Daniel A
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

I wonder who pays for the hotel quarantine.  Celebrity, the PAX, insurance?  Anybody know?  All of us should be prepared for such an eventuality.

If it was a cruise from a port in the US, the CDC has mandated that those sorts of details be agreed to with ports before sailings start. Since it is not a trip starting from a US port, who knows. Though I am sure that the hotel would want to know in advance who will be responsible for the bill.😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daniel A said:

HAL has their covid protection policy clearly outlined on their website.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/worry-free-promise/COVID-19-protection-program.html

• Like 1

I've been following her blog and it has been very interesting.  I agree.  "This was bound to happen".  The question that everyone should want answered is, "how will the cruise lines handle it".  As I keep saying to everyone who are second guessing everything is that the cruise lines have this.  I was very pleased with the response from Celebrity and it gives me a lot of confidence that all will go well, even if some people test positive.  "

It’s important to note that, statistically, this was bound to happen, and I’m not at all surprised it did. Everyone onboard is fully vaccinated (except for the children, of whom there are only eight), and none of us, including kids, was allowed to board without negative PCR tests pre-cruise.

But vaccines aren’t 100% effective, meaning that there’s still a small chance for a fully inoculated vessel to see a COVID-19 case or two onboard. It’s a risk I knew I was taking when I booked the sailing and one I’d take again in a heartbeat, especially after seeing how well this was handled.

• Like 2

With regard to my post above #240, I failed to mention, that the information is from the horse's mouth.  The woman who was writing the blog was one of the people who was in contact with those passengers that tested positive.  Through the contact tracing, she was one of the people who had to be tested after her contact and she reported how wonderful Celebrity handled it.  It was not mentioned but did not appear that the two people that were infected were any of the children, but instead two vaccinated passengers.  Hence, her comment about vaccines not being 100% effective.    

• Like 1

RC’s Odyssey of the Seas is cancelling their July 3-25 departures, as 8 crew members have tested positive for the novel coronavirus. An excerpt from their statement, “...Unfortunately, the odyssey isn’t over yet – eight crew members onboard have tested positive for COVID-19. These cases occurred after the vaccination was administered to all 1,400 Odyssey crew, but before the vaccines were fully effective. The affected crew are doing well - they are quarantined and being cared for onboard....”

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2785497-this-isnt-goododyssey-of-the-seas-cancelled-due-to-covid/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2021/06/15/royal-caribbean-cruise-delayed-crew-members-positive-covid-odyssey-seas/7710633002/

“...All 1,400 crew members on Odyssey were vaccinated on June 4, but the positive cases were found before the vaccines would be considered fully effective June 18....”

Best wishes to all affected! I think this unfortunate situation highlights the need for 100% vaccination at the present time.

Edited by syesmar

9 minutes ago, syesmar said:

RC’s Odyssey of the Seas is cancelling their July 3-25 departures, as 8 crew members have tested positive for the novel coronavirus. An excerpt from their statement, “...Unfortunately, the odyssey isn’t over yet – eight crew members onboard have tested positive for COVID-19. These cases occurred after the vaccination was administered to all 1,400 Odyssey crew, but before the vaccines were fully effective. The affected crew are doing well - they are quarantined and being cared for onboard....”

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2785497-this-isnt-goododyssey-of-the-seas-cancelled-due-to-covid/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2021/06/15/royal-caribbean-cruise-delayed-crew-members-positive-covid-odyssey-seas/7710633002/

“...All 1,400 crew members on Odyssey were vaccinated on June 4, but the positive cases were found before the vaccines would be considered fully effective June 18....”

Best wishes to all affected! I think this unfortunate situation highlights the need for 100% vaccination at the present time.

And the beat goes on.  Two steps forward, one step back.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, syesmar said:

🤦‍♀️

4 hours ago, KirkNC said:

And the beat goes on.  Two steps forward, one step back.

A dance lesson in the Holland America forum🤣, the main thing DW did not like on the HAL cruise we were on with you guys was lack of dancing and no dance lessons.

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

A dance lesson in the Holland America forum🤣, the main thing DW did not like on the HAL cruise we were on with you guys was lack of dancing and no dance lessons.

They only do those on the world cruise (dance lessons) as far as I know.

25 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

They only do those on the world cruise (dance lessons) as far as I know.

We have had cruises way short of world cruises with dance lessons, just not on HAL.

We had one earlier HAL cruise, Eastern Mediterranean on the Noordam. I don't specifically remember if there were dance lessons, but I know we did a lot of dancing. In fact our cabin was right above the lounge in which we spent most nights dancing.

On 5/3/2021 at 9:08 PM, jakers said:

My daughter says that she doesn't care if the ship is full of zombies. She wants to go cruising to Alaska.

We are vaccinated, we are protected and we won't spread it. The best part of all this is that "Cruise Crud" is harder to get. All of you who deal in "theories" need to realize the difference between possibility and probability.

I agree with your daughter.  Going to Alaska is beautiful and I am booked on NCL Encore.  I do feel good about this one since it is not going to Mexico or Bahamas.  It is only doing USA and vaccines required and not dealing with the drama of FLA.  Oh and hopefully the zombies will be friendly too.

and yes usual crud does happen.  At some point go and hope for the best.   Heck a plane could land on your house too.

While I haven’t seen any stories yet in the media, these Threads give details on what is currently going on aboard Viking’s Orion. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2786024-1-covid-positive-passenger-and-4-quarantining-on-615-orion-bermuda-cruise/

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2777052-bermuda-escape-cruises-insights-information-and-more-just-on-bermuda/page/56/

(see post 1397 and onward)

To make a long story short, a passenger tested positive. She, her companion and a married couple (well-known to Viking passengers) that were with her on a shore excursion initially had to leave the ship for 14 days of quarantine in a hotel. However, the couple was able to get back on board quickly. Details on the Threads. Best wishes to all!

Edited by syesmar

Unfortunately, 2 guests (unvaccinated minors under 16) aboard Adventure of the Seas have tested positive. One is asymptomatic at this time, the other has mild symptoms. https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/24/two-guests-aboard-royal-caribbean-cruise-test-positive-for-covid.html

“...Royal Caribbean said that 92% of guests on the Adventures of the Seas ship are fully vaccinated, with the remaining 8% of guests being under the age of 16. All members of the crew are fully vaccinated....”

Best wishes for all involved!