Would you go iv everyone is not vacinated?

Tennessee Titan

Would you go on a cruise where everyone is NOT vaccinated?  

419 members have voted

1. 1. Would you go on a cruise where everyone is NOT vaccinated?

• Yes
    • No

23 hours ago, kazu said:

It was my understanding that to enter the EU, we had to show proof of vaccination.  (I’m talking non Europeans - in our case - Canadians).

I believe this is the requirement that the various ports and countries have set for HAL to be in Europe - most likely because there will be a number of non-Europeans on board.

While there have been some European cruise lines sailing,  my understanding is that it has been with very few port stops and full covid protocols in place (masks, distancing, ship excursion only).  The sailings on the Eurodam will involve more stops and in most cases, no need to be on a ship excursion, contrary to what is going on right now so vaccination makes sense to protect the visiting countries, ports and their people.

Hi 🙂

we just had a look at the booking page of HAL.

we do not have the option to change our cruise to 2022. 

Do you have a picture of that so we can show also to the European booking center and ask for changing to 2022 because this will be totally fine for us.

right now they want us to make a new booking (almost same cruise but price is +1000€ per person…)  or to cancel - and we have to pay 20%  cancellation fee ….

both options we are not happy with 😞

13 minutes ago, JanDom said:

Hi 🙂

we just had a look at the booking page of HAL.

we do not have the option to change our cruise to 2022. 

Do you have a picture of that so we can show also to the European booking center and ask for changing to 2022 because this will be totally fine for us.

right now they want us to make a new booking (almost same cruise but price is +1000€ per person…)  or to cancel - and we have to pay 20%  cancellation fee ….

both options we are not happy with 😞

This is the current wording on the HAL site - https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/news/impacted-cruises.html

If you click on the Cancellation Preference form link in the 2nd paragraph it should tell you what the options are for 2022

B4BCBF74-733C-4B06-8FA6-64E02B7271C0.thumb.png.6760cd55a4fbeaae381cccbcf9d863f7.png

this is what was on the HAL site when our cruise was cancelled/transferred

C4F077A2-3210-4BC1-A404-9728538BCD47.thumb.png.bcf520801a0537cd8eaf8221056ca8d6.png

It was also in our email from Gus advising of the change.

Hope this helps 🙂 

Edited to say, this is the U.S. website of course but I would like to think that the same courtesy has been extended to Europeans?

We voted with our cruise ticket...we were booked on a cruise (Listed originally as fully vaccinated crew and passengers required). When we got notice that unvaccinated were to be allowed on the ship, We cancelled the cruise that day and moved to another cruise line that was holding to a vaccinated only policy. 

We have no desire to have the cruise modulated because of a break-out, or to even have separate areas/events/segregation between vaccinated / unvaccinated. I see one cruise line is going to require unvaccinated to wear masks inside - I do not want to be around what will surely be radiated irritation by the unvaccinated. And what do you do if you see marked unvaccinated walking around mask-less??

Just did not want to get into that.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, kazu said:

This is the current wording on the HAL site - https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/news/impacted-cruises.html

If you click on the Cancellation Preference form link in the 2nd paragraph it should tell you what the options are for 2022

B4BCBF74-733C-4B06-8FA6-64E02B7271C0.thumb.png.6760cd55a4fbeaae381cccbcf9d863f7.png

this is what was on the HAL site when our cruise was cancelled/transferred

C4F077A2-3210-4BC1-A404-9728538BCD47.thumb.png.bcf520801a0537cd8eaf8221056ca8d6.png

It was also in our email from Gus advising of the change.

Hope this helps 🙂 

Edited to say, this is the U.S. website of course but I would like to think that the same courtesy has been extended to Europeans?

Thank you. 
We will talk to Holland America and see what will happen. 
With you link I can see an option to go to in 2022 which will be fine for us. 

6 minutes ago, RGEDad said:

We voted with our cruise ticket...we were booked on a cruise (Listed originally as fully vaccinated crew and passengers required). When we got notice that unvaccinated were to be allowed on the ship, We cancelled the cruise that day and moved to another cruise line that was holding to a vaccinated only policy. 

We have no desire to have the cruise modulated because of a break-out, or to even have separate areas/events/segregation between vaccinated / unvaccinated. I see one cruise line is going to require unvaccinated to wear masks inside - I do not want to be around what will surely be radiated irritation by the unvaccinated. And what do you do if you see marked unvaccinated walking around mask-less??

The interesting dates these days are :

european cruise lines offer cruises since last summer for unvaccinated people without a „break out“ on the ship.

Now vaccinated people are going on a cruise and you can read of positive tested people on cruises. 
even if you are on a cruise like this it can happen that the cruises have to change or everybody have to stay on their cabins because everybody can still get ill with COVID (some more some less).

3 minutes ago, JanDom said:

Thank you. 
We will talk to Holland America and see what will happen. 
With you link I can see an option to go to in 2022 which will be fine for us. 

Definitely talk to HAL.  You could even try the link and make the request if there is a 2022 sailing you like.  Good luck.

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Definitely talk to HAL.  You could even try the link and make the request if there is a 2022 sailing you like.  Good luck.

Thanks.

Sailing next year is fine 🙂

hope to see you all soon on a Dam ship !!! 

On 6/26/2021 at 12:24 PM, Daniel A said:

I just watched a cruise related vlog where the vlogger says he got a response from RCL that the PAX were flown back into the U.S. via private aircraft.  Somehow it seems RCL has either gotten an exemption or just decided to face the consequences.  Apparently, RCI is being responsible to get the children all the way home so they can quarantine in their own residence.  The vlogger's main question which goes to the heart of the reason why I'm interested in this was "Will they do this for everybody?"

Were the parents of those kids so desperate to get onto the first cruise ship to sail again that they were willing to subject their children to this whole ordeal?  

The infected teens and their traveling party were flown home under a medical flight exemption to the negative test requirement. There is a lot of red tape and protocols that apply and the passengers must be flown to their domicile airport. They are not allowed to board any commercial transportation within the US. 

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/interim-guidance-transporting.html

The answer to the question “Will they do this for everybody” is NO.  This was done for the Millennium passengers and this family on Adventure but I would bet that RCG will get tired (financially and otherwise) of doing this in short order and local quarantine will be required until testing negative to fly home.  In the US the cruise lines will have to cover the expense of quarantine and/or private charter transportation, but are not obligated for sailings outside the US. Once the CSO is gone, so will those obligations be. 

The parents of these teens not only chose to subject their children to these circumstances, but perhaps other unvaccinated children on board to the infection. According to a number of reports from the Adventure sailings, masking of children is not being enforced by the cruise line and not being properly supervised by many parents either. Hence the positive tests. Protocols are changing on these cruises this week involving unvaccinated children and their families and hopefully mask enforcement is one of them. 

Edited by harkinmr
  • Like 1

Disney Postpones Test Cruise Originally Scheduled for June 29 

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local/2021/06/28/disney-postpones-first-test-cruise-from-port-canaveral/

Part of Disney’s statement, “We are delaying our simulation cruise due to a small number of inconsistent COVID-19 test results, which are considered positive by the CDC,” a Disney representative said in a statement. “The rigorous health and safety protocols we have in place helped us identify the situation, though the test results were ultimately negative.”

More from the article, “Disney officials said that during routine surveillance testing of crew members on the Disney Dream last week, five out of 600 crew members tested positive for COVID-19. Those who tested positive were asymptomatic, officials said. Disney officials also said all of the infected crew members were recently vaccinated and had tested negative several times before.

According to Disney officials, those crew members were retested the next day using the same lab and tested negative....”

Edited by syesmar

I've been waiting for something like this to happen.  It was a statistical certainty it would, given the false negative rate of the tests.  If you keep testing hundreds or thousands of people you WILL get positive test results even if no one is actually infected.  To me, I don't see why the second day's negative test results wouldn't be sufficient, but apparently the CDC considers any positive test result to trump any subsequent evidence to the contrary.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, iceman93 said:

I've been waiting for something like this to happen.  It was a statistical certainty it would...I don't see why the second day's negative test results wouldn't be sufficient, but apparently the CDC considers any positive test result to trump any subsequent evidence to the contrary.

It is a bit unsettling that this would happen to 5 out of 600 tests (I’m still curious what the threshold is for cruise interruption). I haven’t read which type of test it was (or if the first and second tests were the same type), but the follow up was in the same lab.

We'll cancel our three current reservations if the vaccine requirements are relaxed.

The appalling mentality of some towards public health provides a sobering reminder that you just can't trust others cruisers to follow the rules.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, X-elite said:

We'll cancel our three current reservations if the vaccine requirements are relaxed.

The appalling mentality of some towards public health provides a sobering reminder that you just can't trust others cruisers to follow the rules.

Add to that can you trust the cruise lines to enforce the rules. We all have seen how they do not enforce hogging the area around the pool. Will the employees risk confrontations with passengers? 

I posted this over at an insurance Thread, but Royal Caribbean is going to require unvaccinated passengers to carry insurance to cover medical expenses and evacuation related to a positive test (as the line will eventually stop footing the bill for quarantine and/or evacuations). 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2787217-does-anyone-going-on-a-cruise-not-take-the-trip-insurance/page/5/?tab=comments#comment-61366477

Edited by syesmar
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, syesmar said:

I posted this over at an insurance Thread, but Royal Caribbean is going to require unvaccinated passengers to carry insurance to cover medical expenses and evacuation related to a positive test (as the line will eventually stop footing the bill for quarantine and/or evacuations). 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2787217-does-anyone-going-on-a-cruise-not-take-the-trip-insurance/page/5/?tab=comments#comment-61366477

RCI is taking an interesting approach where you can go on a cruise but it’s more expensive and more restrictive if you are UV.  I wonder how many will choose not to go with those additional costs and protocols.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KirkNC said:

RCI is taking an interesting approach where you can go on a cruise but it’s more expensive and more restrictive if you are UV.

This new protocol is in effect until the end of the year, (at the earliest)  for sailings out of Florida.

We for one are pleased as we sail on Celebrity out of Tampa 12/23/2021..

As I sometimes have been heard to say "if you can't get in the front door go around to the back.. 9 out of 10 leave that door unlocked ". I applaud RCL groups decisions

13 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Add to that can you trust the cruise lines to enforce the rules. We all have seen how they do not enforce hogging the area around the pool. Will the employees risk confrontations with passengers? 

Are you really equating enforcing vaccination requirements at checkin with enforcing pool chair hog rules?

9 hours ago, KirkNC said:

RCI is taking an interesting approach where you can go on a cruise but it’s more expensive and more restrictive if you are UV.  I wonder how many will choose not to go with those additional costs and protocols.

Here is an example of what I was referring to;

https://thepointsguy.com/news/royal-caribbean-unvaccinated-cruiser-restrictions/

• Like 1

On 6/27/2021 at 9:05 AM, RGEDad said:

Will you assume that someone walking around on a (mostly) vaccinated cruise will be unvaccinated?  I will be wearing a mask when I am embarking, disembarking, in a bar, etc., wherever people will be gathering in good numbers.  The reason that I will be wearing a mask, even though I am vaccinated is because I cannot risk getting sick for any reason because I will be having surgery when I return home from my trip.  I meant to also add that I am sure that some of my fellow passengers will be looking at me like I have the plague.

Edited by AKJonesy