Would you go iv everyone is not vacinated?

Tennessee Titan

Would you go on a cruise where everyone is NOT vaccinated?  

419 members have voted

1. 1. Would you go on a cruise where everyone is NOT vaccinated?

• Yes
    • No

6 minutes ago, idiebabe said:

Have you NO sense of humor!  Wow. 😢

I guess not.  Thanks for pointing that out.  

I'll tell you one thing I am absolutely certain of.  That at the restart of cruising, there will be a mask mandate. Even with vaccinated cruises.  And I guess everyone will have to deal with that.  But it won't stop the whining.  That's for sure!

3 hours ago, idiebabe said:

It's not easy especially with Breathing Problems. 

That is one of the two major problems that I have when I wear a mask.  I go into a store and get back to my car after only a few minutes in the store, gasping for breath.  

4 hours ago, MTAK said:

Not to mention the problem with the elastic straps on traditional masks which launch over-the-ear hearing aids

No hearing aid issues, so far.  But, the anatomy of one of my ears does not permit a strap being placed over the ear.  I have to attach the strap to an earpiece of my glasses which puts strain on my glasses, making them to be not properly in place.  That impacts the clarity of my vision.

5 hours ago, AncientWanderer said:

Makes this pandemic even harder for some

Correct.

5 hours ago, Mary229 said:

Like vaccines not everyone can tolerate a mask for valid medical reasons. 

Correct.  And, there has been zero attempts on any governmental level to consider those of us who have valid medical and physical reasons.  

6 hours ago, AncientWanderer said:

Anyhow, I wondered, rka, if you've tried ones from Old Navy?  I've had a lot of people tell me they are the easiest to breathe in,  and most comfortable to wear.  They have the adjustable ear straps.

No, I have not shopped Old Navy, but I will look at their web site.  I need a mask that does not have ear straps.  I need a mask that has a single elastic strap that goes around the head, has nothing to do with the ears.  Even if I find such a mask, how will it impact my shortness of breath issues?  Probably not positively.  Thanks most sincerely for your suggestion.  I appreciate it.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tennessee Titan said:

"...if unvaccinated folks are on board a ship with me and become ill it is I that might have to deal with consequences.  I do not wish to spend my vacation in cabin isolation, with cancelled ports,  and the possible inability of the ship to disembark passengers at the scheduled end of the cruise.  These folks would be spoilers for the rest of us. "

+1

This is REALLY it, folks....

Agree, who wants the governor of xxxx state or country  keeping you on a inflected ship?  OT, but Any idea what percentage of your county got vaccinated?  

4 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Correct.  And, there has been zero attempts on any governmental level to consider those of us who have valid medical and physical reasons. 

This crisis has a lot of intolerance associated with it.   It seems everyone wants one size fits all

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

I think that @harkinmris correct that there will be a mask mandate when cruising resumes.  But there are mask mandates and MASK MANDATES.  Some of the time or ALL OF THE TIME.

With a fully vaccinated ship, I'm hoping for the former.

I guess we will see.  

Just now, Mary229 said:

This crisis has a lot of intolerance associated with it.   It seems everyone wants one size fits all

In the era of ADA, it does seem strange to me that this "serious national concern (?)" has not been considered.  

A hope:  if this pandemic and it's "regulations"  continues and continues and .....those of us who are in the distinct minority will finally be "remembered" by those who "are in power".  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, harkinmr said:

I guess not.  Thanks for pointing that out.  

I'll tell you one thing I am absolutely certain of.  That at the restart of cruising, there will be a mask mandate. Even with vaccinated cruises.  And I guess everyone will have to deal with that.  But it won't stop the whining.  That's for sure!

You’re Welcome!  😂

I’ve never whined about Mask Wearing.  Go back and read my Posts and you will see that I have repeatedly been clear that I will follow all Protocols put in place!  You’re preaching to the wrong person!  

I agree though that for the startup of Cruises people will not get away with “this is my Vacay and I’ll do what I want”. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

In the era of ADA, it does seem strange to me that this "serious national concern (?)" has not been considered.  

A hope:  if this pandemic and it's "regulations"  continues and continues and .....those of us who are in the distinct minority will finally be "remembered" by those who "are in power".  

In my State and other States those who have a Medical Reason are Exempt from wearing a Face Mask.  I believe your State does Exempt for Breathing Conditions.  

I checked Amazon after seeing your Post with difficulty of the ear loops.  Would this work for you?  

https://www.amazon.com/Adjustable-Washable-Standard-SNM-Apparels/dp/B08J7QPVTW/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=6HGXVKUSOXTX&dchild=1&keywords=cloth+face+mask+head+band+around+head&qid=1619135957&sprefix=Cloth+face+mask+with+band+%2Caps%2C186&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzUTVURDI3NDZSUkk1JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNjM1NjEwMkw4RTVHVlVDRzZGSSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUExMDA5MjY0MVJHRU5STFFNNjFURCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

4 hours ago, AncientWanderer said:

This, as much or more than vaccine issues, may prevent families with children from cruising. It's really hard to keep the little ones masked up.  

Trying times.

True. It was for us in the beginning. It's hard to reason with a 2 or early 3 year old. I think that is why the WHO doesn't recommend masks until children are school age, 5+ if I am not mistaken. They fidget with them, pull them up down, pull them off etc. By 3.5 dd was able to understand it better. We masked up her favorite stuffed animal because he "needed" to wear a mask to go to the doctor, and sure enough she wanted to wear one too and has been fine since then. But it was purely a developmental thing last year. She just didn't "get" it. I feel for parents. Hard enough job as it is. 

5 hours ago, idiebabe said:

I'm more concerned about wearing one for long flights so will probably have to keep drinking Wine and eating the whole way!   😂 

Should we get to go, we are booked into business so I have the same plan!! 🥂:classic_biggrin:

Edited by fatcat04
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, IPB4IGO said:

Yeah, I sure miss those nine-month cruises!😝 Low-cost excursions to Olongapo and Thieves' Alley in Yokosuka, unlimited salt water showers... Good times.

You were not supposed to tell anyone about that. And you left out Subic City. 😜

• Haha 2

On 4/21/2021 at 2:09 PM, boom_boom said:

Fully vaccinated and not worried about ME getting sick. Why I would not cruise unless everyone is vaccinated is what happens when someone else gets sick and the cruise is cancelled mid-way through the trip and/or we have to spend the rest of the time in the cabin. Or, no port will allow the ship to dock or passengers get off to explore.

I'm also fully vaccinated and also not worried about me getting sick. The unvaccinated passenger who brings the virus onboard screws up EVERYONE'S cruise. Unvaccinated passengers are also a higher risk to do something at home or enroute to the ship that infects them and brings the virus onboard. The Venn diagram between people who refuse to get vaccinated and people mad about enforced masking isn't a circle but it's pretty substantial.

Edited by Cruising Is Bliss
  • Like 5

26 minutes ago, Cruising Is Bliss said:

The Venn diagram between people who refuse to get vaccinated and people mad about enforced masking isn't a circle but it's pretty substantial.

Assuming that's true, and I don't think it is, what is the significance of your observation?

12 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

That is one of the two major problems that I have when I wear a mask.  I go into a store and get back to my car after only a few minutes in the store, gasping for breath.  

No hearing aid issues, so far.  But, the anatomy of one of my ears does not permit a strap being placed over the ear.  I have to attach the strap to an earpiece of my glasses which puts strain on my glasses, making them to be not properly in place.  That impacts the clarity of my vision.

I need a mask that does not have ear straps.  I need a mask that has a single elastic strap that goes around the head, has nothing to do with the ears.  

Try searching the internet for "face mask with ties behind head"  lots of options available.

image.png.341da2644d8669e5787ad08e6cd347fb.png

• Like 1

On 4/21/2021 at 3:16 PM, Roger88 said:

What are you afraid of?? I mean, if the majority of the population has been vaccinated, you have a very low chance of catching this type of flue. In any case, its all up to you my friend

Please, people. Posts of this nature by someone that goes from forum to forum to stir the pot have been called out on other forums.

Just consider the source and move on.

Edited by Homosassa
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, rucrazy said:

just putting this out there .. not all masks protect equally.... just cause its cute doesn't mean it offers protection.

I put the photo of the mask in my post to show that the mask doesn't have ear loops, not to show how cute the mask is.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I put the photo of the mask in my post to show that the mask doesn't have ear loops, not to show how cute the mask is.

I totally understand .. my comment was towards the GP as when and if they do shop for masks just do their due diligence.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Correct.

No, I have not shopped Old Navy, but I will look at their web site.  I need a mask that does not have ear straps.  I need a mask that has a single elastic strap that goes around the head, has nothing to do with the ears.  Even if I find such a mask, how will it impact my shortness of breath issues?  Probably not positively.  Thanks most sincerely for your suggestion.  I appreciate it.  

Not trying to sell anything but I found this article with several masks that don't go over the ear. 10 masks that don't go behind your ears (sfgate.com)

I make masks and have made several that have the elastic behind the head to avoid interfering with hearing aids. Good luck!

Edited by mtnlvr53
forgot to add link

1 hour ago, rucrazy said:

just putting this out there .. not all masks protect equally.... just cause its cute doesn't mean it offers protection.

Also, wearing a New York Yankees mask in Boston won't provide much protection either!  🤣 

• Like 5
  • Haha 5