Just have to keep on smiling and no frowns

We smile because we know we will keep trying

And that's no lie--ing

Seems like we might have all had trouble this week

We are strong but just sometimes foods make us weak  

So hope we all have loss's this Thursday

Whatever happens--- we know we will be back on track Friday

Edited by Belle

Good Morning Belle - I will weigh in on Sunday - but, I am sure I am up.  I seem to be spending some of this vacation eating!  We had our two grandson's here and my daughter came down yesterday.  They are all leaving tonight - my youngest son and spouse will be down Friday for dinner.  I believe that we will have Saturday without kids ... but we also have to leave here in the morning.  It has been a lovely week.  Nice to see the kids!  Jan

Belle  nice poem

Jan — glad your are enjoying your vacation -  well deserved 

I’m down 1.2 yay.   Actually counting calories.  Weather has been awesome Getting in some good walks   AND the sun has been shining.

HI all!

Belle ~ thanks for starting the thread. We sure do keep on trying, maybe just not hard enough sometimes.

That's my problem, hence the 1 lb gain. Guess those licorice treats & popcorn did me in!

Better luck next week!!

Stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Afternoon All

Jan---Glad your having a nice vacation and spending time with your kids.

Whatever the scale says Sunday you'll get right back on track.

Izena---Your doing great counting cals and walking. Nice loss.

Jo---Sorry you have a gain. Why does the good stuff make us gain. Really

we could eat it if we didn't eat to much. Our problem.

Me---I manage to stay the same his week. Which I'm happy for. 

Been a busy few days.  Been booking things to do.

Booked a few cruises for next year. Panama Canal with my daughter is one.

Hope the cruises sail in 2022, we're in trouble if they don't. In trouble if don't sail by

July or August of this year. Really feel sorry for all who aren't working because of the CDC.

Sorry for us not cruising. We sure miss it.

Next week going away with my son for a few days.

May going away for a few days with both son and daughter

We will all do it safely. We've had our shots, will wear our masks and distance

from others.  13 months of staying home been to much. I've done all the right things

but need to get out for awhile.

So next Thursday the 29th someone will have to start this.

Everyone have a good day and night.

• Like 1

Hello all.  Just came inside from working in the yard.  This week was -0.8lb.  I'll take it although it would have been nice to have been more.  It has been cool here in Alabama.  I can't remember who asked but yes...moving from north to south in Bama.   We inherited my Mom's home so we are moving from suburbs of B'ham to a farm area.  It has been a good thing during all the covid mess to be out in the country.  Sold most of the land (not a farmer) but kept 7 acres.   Plenty of stuff to keep me busy while not being able to cruise.  Still hoping to cruise in July but doesn't look promising.  Hope everyone has a good week and Belle it is time to get out more.  Stay safe...Susan

I'm up 3.3 lbs this week which was expected. It will go back down as soon as I stop eating junk. 😆

I had a "whoops" moment this afternoon. All my cakes are baked for this weekend's wedding, and I was making the icing. I felt compelled to take just one more look at the order and realized I baked the wrong flavor groom's cake. I work a day ahead, so all I have to do is deliver on the day of the wedding just in case there is an issue. That way I have a built in cushion in case there is an issue and I have to re-do something, so it's not a big deal. However, I haven't made a mistake on a cake in years, so my pride is hurt a little that I made a boo-boo. The last mistake I made was when I still had a corporate job and the kids were little, so I couldn't really work in the kitchen until they were put to bed for the night, and at 3am, I left the "h" out of birthday. Fortunately it was for someone DH works with who ordered it for their adult daughter. They thought it was funny and now they joke about it every year - Happy Birt-day! 🤪 DH will take the mistake cake to work on Monday morning.   

Where's everyone? I like it when I see you all talking.

That way know everyone is fine.  I know my problem. You all have lives!🌝

Susan Nice you had a loss this week. How do you like the the country after the suburbs?

Hope you get to cruise but like you said, the way things are going not a sure thing.

Your right Susan I do need to get out more, have some but not enough. But still

like the saying--Better safe than sorry.  That's been what I've been following in this

year of--of whatever you want to call it.

Mel sorry you gained but know you'll get it off.  It's good you make the cakes ahead

so you can fix a mistake.  Think that's good,  only mistake you made in years. Your

husbands work will be happy.

Hope everyone is enjoying the day, come in and say a Big Hello.🌞

Belle - I hope you have a wonderful time with your son!!!   We have had a great week on vacation to the coast.  Had the grandchildren and saw all the kids ... almost all have had all their shots (or had the virus within the last few months).  We had dinner with our youngest today at a wonderful steakhouse in Bar Harbor.  Our SIL has lost 70 pounds on keto ... very impressive ... I'm so happy with all they have been doing.  So proud of all the kids and their lives.  My youngest grandson is so quiet - but, this time he was loud with his cousin ... love just watching them all.

Back to real life tomorrow.  Jan

• Like 1

Don’t think my son is going to visit.  He hasn’t mentioned it - should have purchased tickets by now.    My DIL  is all about her family  — all the in laws in Tx  aren’t really family.  

Raining today but missed the bad storms.   Didn’t get in a walk.   Did get Jazzper to a green area - he almost caught a squirrel — his favorite prey. 
He brings such joy to my life.  

Finding that logging my calories  has helped me stay on track.   Seems to keep me from snacking .     Everyone have a good weekend.

Hello Jan and Izena

Jan I'm so glad you had nice time on your vacation and spent

time with your kids and grandkids. Are you leaving Sat. or Sun. to come home?

Back to normal life. Like vacations better! Your SIL did great 70 lbs. I really

should get stricter and try it. Maybe some day.

Thanks for wishes for son and I to have a good time.

Izena sorry your son isn't coming for a visit, maybe he will do it at last minute.

Know some sides of one's spouses family can be difficult.  Tell me about it!

Glad Jazzper brings you such joy. Sorry about the rain, we're getting a storm

Sunday.  You sure do good on your walking even if you have to miss a few days

here and there. Great on counting calories too, working for you.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. Hope I do, wasn't feeling well this afternoon.

Had to lie down for a few hours. I never do that during the day.

Everyone take care

I'm checking in late bc I had another knee jerk reaction. Lil Sis took her dogs home so I had the 1st estimator in (not good would be an understatement).  The 1st thing she does is hand me something from synchrony financial. It's a loan application. So a little insulted. Then she touts how much the variation is and how much the height differential is in each piece. At that point I told her I would probably take my belt sander to the pieces of lvp to make the more even because they looked extremely rough to me. She then got a little distracted on whether or not I could afford it. So again I was insulted. It's 550' and the $s I would have spent cruising last year

Then Amari & I had pizza and blueberry pie. A whole pie of each. If the other 4 don't listen better I'm gaining

Jan, nice to see kids playing together ❤ 

Izena!! Thank you for sending us your rain tomorrow 💙. Finally after almost 2 months

Susan, country sounds relaxing 

Mel, his work will be so happy you made a mistake 😋

Belle, I'm here -- just don't always have something important to ad

Ombud so sorry about your sis reaction to the damage her dogs caused.   Now you  have reason to refuse to watch them again.  You saved her on boarding fees ( just had idea print out what local places charge for dog boarding  — give her a copy  — paying for half your repairs would have been the right things to do).  

My friend and I watch each other’s dogs.  We have an agreement that if we feel the dogs need a vet don’t hesitate and take them in. And we don’t squabble about the bill we just reimburse.   We are grateful we have someone who will love and care our fur baby.  

nice weather today  a bit warm. 

I’ve gotten good at walking and eating  properly.  I would probably do better if I used my total gym more than once a month 😝.

Hello All

Ombud glad the dogs went home. I know you told us  the puppy tore a hole in your

rug. What else did the dogs do. Yes she should offer to pay all or at least half. I glad 

you and others come in when you can. It's just me that I like to see you all to come in

everyday. Do I sound like a mother and want to see my "kids" everyday?😄

Lzena nice you and the people that have dogs have such a good relation on how

to handle the dogs you watch.  I think you walking everyday is very good exercise.

Gym would be nice but they say walking is the best and your doing it.

Just doing a few things around the house and getting things together for my trip.

Sun out today but rain Sunday.  Everyone take care.

Jan, it sounds like you had a wonderful vacation!

Izena, sorry your son may not be visiting. Isn't it funny how all the home gym equipment tends to collect dust. I know our weights / yoga mats / exercise balls are.

Belle, I hope you are feeling better. No one likes to feel icky when they're traveling.

Ombud, sorry about the damage you are dealing with. When I start stress eating, it's hard to stop.

Mystery location wedding cakes delivered this afternoon. We had storms off and on all day yesterday, and the wedding is being held at a ranch owned by the bride's aunt. I just knew I would be setting up the cakes in the middle of a soggy field... and I was right. The good news is my new Pilot is pretty good at mudding, but it really needs a bath now. 

Merlin, our dog that had the itching problem a few weeks ago, is back in the cone of shame. He's got a few more hot spots. Ordered some more meds for him, so hopefully we'll have them in a few days.

Mel Thanks, am feeling better and leave Monday morning.

Glad you got the cake to the right place but sorry for the mud.

Can't help but think of the bride in a mudding field, hope they

had planks down.

Sorry about Merlin having the cone again. Hope he gets better soon.

Wishing everyone a good Sunday.

Glad everone is ok.  Belle glad your feeling better.  I’m like you I like to hear what everyone is doing.  

walking is the only exercise i have counted on.  I plan on  how long I want to walk and walk have the time away from home — the only way to get home is keep walking.  
Working on back flower bed -  bought 6 Buford holly bushes (the do well in Houston heat). Planted 3 yesterday — will plant the others sometime this week. 

I love that it is almost spring and I will be able to get back to working on my flower beds.  I have daffodils that are in bloom, buds on my tulips and you can almost see leaves popping out in the trees.  The other day it snowed, yesterday it was 68 and today dreary, but not snowing or raining.   Jan

Belle, outside of a hole in the rug, not being housebroken,  and terrorizing Koda -- her dogs were fine. I finally figured out to barcade them in the family room during the day, feed Koda on my lap, and not let them sleep on my bed. NEVER AGAIN

Mel, it is hard to stop stress eating. But I've rediscovered water. Which oddly tastes really good right now.

Jan, I love when the bulbs bloom. 

Izena, looks like there's a lot of walkers here. I throw in inclines but have never run. 

Just a note to remind you that going away tomorrow for a week.

Won't be around to talk or start the weigh-in on Thursday.

Izena glad I'm not the only liking people to come in every day.

You do so good on the walking.  I see you like working in the garden like others.

I don't. Did for awhile when husband was sick.

Jan your a garden person too. Bet the flowers are nice. Just hate the weeding.

We got the rain.

Ombud Really sounds like a really bad dog sitting but you were nice to do it.

The way you were talking I really thought there was more damage.

Everyone have a good week. I'm staying the same as Thursday, hope I don't gain

while I'm away. Hope to at least stay the same.

Take care

Edited by Belle
  • Like 1

Belle enjoy your trip.  We have been down  Pensacola, Florida way for our granddaughters birthday (3).  Had a wonderful visit.  Actually went to the beach yesterday.  Made me realize how much I miss the Caribbean.  Going home to the farm today.  My little garden has squash, okra, and tomatoes growing well.  Will probably need to how weeds soon.  More exercise!  Shall see how the trip affected my weight on Thursday.  Everyone have a nice week.