Thoughts on the Jewel?

We just took a suite guarantee on our next Jewel cruise. We have stayed all over on the Radiance class :classic_biggrin: and don't really care. 

We used to like Serenade better, but now we like Jewel better because of the tables and seating at the Sky Bar. They also have cigar nights at the Sky Bar, which DH enjoys. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

On 4/23/2021 at 10:23 AM, reallyitsmema said:

We have stayed in 7172, which is a corner aft.  It is a longer, narrow balcony.  You also hear the bass of the music from the lounge below at night, not terribly loud, but you do hear it.  I would sail in this cabin again if it was the only aft available as it wasn't too bad.  The only other issue was, we got flooded due to a bad storm and a faulty gasket on the slider doors,  That should be fixed by now as we sailed that cabin many years ago.

I am booked in this cabin, 7172 later this year.  Glad to hear you would book again.  How late was the lounge open?  The narrow balcony, could two set side by side facing the aft?  Any thing else please feel free to mention

Eddie

3 minutes ago, Eddie Wilson said:

I am booked in this cabin, 7172 later this year.  Glad to hear you would book again.  How late was the lounge open?  The narrow balcony, could two set side by side facing the aft?  Any thing else please feel free to mention

Eddie

They have different things in that lounge each night, most done by 11, midnight at the latest.  You can just hear the thump at times, not terrible, just depends on the music.

The balcony fit two chairs side by side facing out easily.  It also had chaise lounges when we sailed and those only fit to the left as you came out onto the balcony and just barely.  The balcony tapers down to the right and you can just fit standing at the railing.  You could put a lounge chair the long way along the balcony, but just took up too much of the space.  We were on a NE/Canada cruise, so really weren't laying out in the sun anyway.  We just piled the two of them on top of each other out of the way.

We really enjoyed sitting out on that balcony under a blanket looking at the stars.  We seem to use our balconies more on cooler climate cruises than in the Caribbean.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Coralc said:

Old image of the Radiance class aft balconies with cabin numbers. It makes it a little easier to visualize. :classic_biggrin:

Radiance class aft balconies.jpg

I have always loved this picture....!!! Heck I would love to have pictures fleet/class wide and of the portside or starboard side too. So easy to visualize :classic_biggrin:

• Thanks 1

Lots of photos saved from Cruise Critic over the years without attribution unfortunately. Someone posted a photo of one of the deep side balconies (Radiance Class) with a guy at the rail. And I replied, Hey! That is my husband and photo. But it is not like we copyright them. :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, njkruzer said:

We've had 9660 on the Jewel, and will have it again in April.   On the Brilliance we had 8172.  Have had other nonaft cabins. 

We were in 9562 in September 2019 from Civitaveccia. Ship and stateroom were fine, but Rome to Civitaveccia and return were...well , interesting🤔

3 hours ago, NC State said:

I love this thread, we are sailing for the first time on RC and it will be on the Jewel. We have booked cabin 1604. We have sailed with Disney 6 times and could never afford a cabin with a balcony.

We've been in #1100, #1602 & #9256...all great tru aft locations...ENJOY !!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I have to wait awhile but excited to sail on Jewel in April 0f 2023 with a stop in Tortola BVI. We are in Balcony cabin #7634 if anyone has experience with it let me know. 

Sorry not a fan of deck #7 with the partial low extended side dividers...JMHO...but hoping you enjoy.

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

Sorry not a fan of deck #7 with the partial low extended side dividers...JMHO...but hoping you enjoy.

I just saw a video of a similar room on 7 and I agree with you. I wish I would have researched deck 7 better. I'll suck it up and be glad to be cruising.

4 hours ago, Ashland said:

Not all of deck 7 has those balconies.  They are only towards the aft.  If you look at a deck plan you will see that Sea Dogs balcony is not one of them, they have a normal balcony,

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I have to wait awhile but excited to sail on Jewel in April 0f 2023 with a stop in Tortola BVI. We are in Balcony cabin #7634 if anyone has experience with it let me know. 

7634 doesn't have the half rail dividers. Those are 7652 and 7152 going forward. They have big balconies, with no furniture on them. And they don't overlook the lifeboat cover and have a view of the side of the ship. We kind of liked them. 

7634 unfortunately does overlook the lifeboat covers. Which is annoying, but you get used to it, and hardly notice it when you are sitting and looking out at the water. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Not all of deck 7 has those balconies.  They are only towards the aft.  If you look at a deck plan you will see that Sea Dogs balcony is not one of them, they have a normal balcony,

They are in the front too. In the front cabins, starting w/7652 and 7152 you can see straight down to the water. The ones in the aft are not good, because the roof of the Safari Club extends out in front of the balconies. :classic_biggrin:

27 minutes ago, Coralc said:

They are in the front too. In the front cabins, starting w/7652 and 7152 you can see straight down to the water. The ones in the aft are not good, because the roof of the Safari Club extends out in front of the balconies. :classic_biggrin:

What great information you have about deck #7 !!!

• Thanks 1

Never mind. I had my fore & afts mixed up. The deck 7 extended balconies with partial half rails and a view of the water begin at 7038 and 7538. They are in the front of the ship. :classic_rolleyes: Obviously, I haven't looked at a deck plan in a while. I am embarrassed. 🙁Ignore the stateroom numbers in post #70.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Coralc said:

7634 unfortunately does overlook the lifeboat covers. Which is annoying, but you get used to it, and hardly notice it when you are sitting and looking out at the water. :classic_biggrin:

Yes I hope to get used to it. I love looking down over the railing and looking directly at the water. It also makes for good video.