Hotel and car service recommendations for Cape Liberty

vrock

We will be need a hotel room 2 days pre cruise and a car service to take 6 of us to the port.   We are ok with a hotel near the airport.   Would like to be near the mall.  Would appreciate all opinions.   Thank you 😃

Are you sure you want to spend two days between Newark Airport and Hoboken - after flying cross country?   Have you considered a hotel in NYC--- or flying into JFK or LGA?

Depending upon age/fitness of your six and the amount of baggage you will tote, public transportation might work for much of local getting around.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2021 at 8:41 PM, vrock said:

We have been to New York before and would prefer to stay closer to the port.  But thank you.   Any hotel recommendations near the airport 

I suggest looking at sites such as TripAdvisor for information. 

1 hour ago, vrock said:

We have looked at reviews on trip advisor .  I was hoping for some personal experiences with hotels and car service.   😀

The Marriott is right at the airport reasonable price, clean and comfortable - free shuttle from terminal, but you could probably walk it in 10-15 minutes. Then Uber to port. 

On 4/24/2021 at 10:47 AM, vrock said:

We will be need a hotel room 2 days pre cruise and a car service to take 6 of us to the port.   We are ok with a hotel near the airport.   Would like to be near the mall.  Would appreciate all opinions.   Thank you 😃

On 4/24/2021 at 8:41 PM, vrock said:

We have been to New York before and would prefer to stay closer to the port.  But thank you.   Any hotel recommendations near the airport 

Since you want to stay near the port and also near the mall, I'd suggest you look at the hotels located on International Blvd., which include an Embassy Suites, Courtyard by Marriott, Residence Inn, Extended Stay America and Country Inn and Suites.  All are close the The Mills at Jersey Gardens mall. I can't provide a specific hotel recommendation as I haven't stayed at any of them but these are the hotels that seem to best fit your criteria.

I would not stay at the Newark Airport Marriott that was recommended by the previous poster because you're staying two nights and the hotel is on the airport grounds and not near anything, which means any trip to a mall, outside restaurant, etc. will require your taking a taxi or Uber. You may be able to walk from the hotel to the mall if you stay on International Blvd., and if not I believe the hotels at least at one time had shuttle service to and from the mall, although that may have gone by the wayside due to the pandemic.

As far as transportation is concerned, Uber/Lyft is probably the best way to go.

• Like 1

Exactly what NJ Horseman said.  I've stayed in all of them and prefer the Residence Inn, Courtyard or Embassy Suites to the other 2.  The Country Inn has the world's slowest elevators and was being renovated for longer than it takes to build a hotel, lol.  It's fine but not my fave.  And I've never liked Extended Stay America as a brand and haven't stayed in one for a while.

Just be aware that the mall is outlets and if you need something that you've forgotten, chances are you will not find it there. though you could Uber/Lyft to Target (probably 15 minutes away in Linden, give or take) or a grocery store.  

• Like 2

The hotels recommended are located in Elizabeth, NJ. Those hotels allow a choice of dining options as well as close proximity to Jersey Gardens mall.

Most other EWR hotels will be isolated along with limited dining choices.

Hotels in Jersey City would be my recommendation based on your multiple night stay. Those near the river provide outstanding views of lower Manhattan. Light rail transit is available within Jersey City as well as PATH trains for transit to NYC.

Dial 7 and Carmel limo are recommended car services. Taxi and Uber too.

• Like 1

We were booked with dial 7 for our December 2020 cruise that was canceled.   We will probably book them again.  Uber would require us to book more than one car and we would rather travel together. 

• 4 weeks later...

We just booked the Embassy suites.  Don't want the February snow storm angst.

Their charge for parking is $18/night (open air). Less expensive than the port, but security and ease of access are determining factors. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Will will be flying into Newark.   We will use Uber to make any trips needed before our cruise.  Thank you for all of the responses. Hopefully our December cruise will go.