Peloton

Hobar

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, dalliowner said:

That would do wonders for the access to the internet for everybody else

No need to worry. The classes can all be downloaded onto IPads and other personal devices so no one would be tapping into the internet while riding. Easy peasy and everyone would be happy.

On 5/3/2021 at 11:05 PM, Hobar said:

No need to worry. The classes can all be downloaded onto IPads and other personal devices so no one would be tapping into the internet while riding. Easy peasy and everyone would be happy.

Just download your workout and use it on the existing exercise bikes and treadmills while cruising. 

On 5/7/2021 at 8:39 AM, nolatravelgirl said:

Just download your workout and use it on the existing exercise bikes and treadmills while cruising. 

I used to do that before I got the Peloton bike but not nearly as good as on the Peloton bike. It works fine, however, for a non-Peloton tread (which, by the way, is just as “dangerous” for unsupervised pets and small children so luckily SB doesn’t allow either in the fitness area). 

On 5/12/2021 at 4:52 AM, Hobar said:

It works fine

This is the key. There is a suitable plan to get your workout. Most people adjust their workouts while on vacation. I mostly substitute walks on the deck along with a resistance band that I pack in my suitcase. 

On 5/17/2021 at 8:39 AM, nolatravelgirl said:

This is the key. There is a suitable plan to get your workout. Most people adjust their workouts while on vacation. I mostly substitute walks on the deck along with a resistance band that I pack in my suitcase. 

I’m delighted for you.  Thanks for sharing.

Edited by Hobar

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Whirled Peas said:

Being away from my Peloton is the only cloud on my vacation horizon.

It's a vacation; maybe you should get away from your day-to-day life. 😉

Seriously, though,  I don't envision them installing Peloton bikes and creating a surcharge for their use.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2021 at 3:44 PM, Whirled Peas said:

I would pay a reasonable surcharge to be able to access a real Peloton bike with a decent compliment of on demand rides available.  Being away from my Peloton is the only cloud on my vacation horizon.

Look at the comments you got from Cruiseej.  Don’t you just love when strangers - no doubt the unfit - tell you how you should vacation???  Little do they know that there are people like us who actually enjoy exercising.  I for one love being able to exercise on vacation and not have to worry about getting to work “on time.”  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Hobar said:

Look at the comments you got from Cruiseej.

@Hobar Perhaps you didn't notice the emoji after my post -- it's a smile and a wink, meaning it was a light-hearted or joking comment. I was not criticizing nor critiquing anyone for wanting to use the gym on the ship. Calling me "no doubt unfit" is uncalled for. Please lighten up. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hobar said:

Look at the comments you got from Cruiseej.  Don’t you just love when strangers - no doubt the unfit - tell you how you should vacation???  Little do they know that there are people like us who actually enjoy exercising.  I for one love being able to exercise on vacation and not have to worry about getting to work “on time.”  

And some of us who do use the gym and aren't unfit do not use Peloton and don't want to pay extra for it. I am happy enough with what is available. There is some fitness equipment I use when home I can't find when I travel but I'm holiday but don't worry about it.

23 hours ago, cruiseej said:

@Hobar Perhaps you didn't notice the emoji after my post -- it's a smile and a wink, meaning it was a light-hearted or joking comment. I was not criticizing nor critiquing anyone for wanting to use the gym on the ship. Calling me "no doubt unfit" is uncalled for. Please lighten up. 

Mea culpa.

• Thanks 1