UK Government guidance on UK only cruises

Denarius

7 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I have just registered on the NHS app - what a palaver with photograph of driving licence and scan of my face!  I can access my local surgery online for medical records.  It's going to be interesting to see what they do for those without the App

I just did that also. I guess they need to be a bit careful. I now have to wait up to two hours. NHS will then tell me if I am who I think I am.🤣

10 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I just did that also. I guess they need to be a bit careful. I now have to wait up to two hours. NHS will then tell me if I am who I think I am.🤣

Oh dear and if you're not?  🤣  I have to wait 2 hours as well.  I think I will get my friend to ask for a log in at her Health Centre using the email address I set up for her which I look after!!  Then at least I can print her record for her.

Edited by jeanlyon
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Oh dear and if you're not?  🤣  I have to wait 2 hours as well.  I think I will get my friend to ask for a log in at her Health Centre using the email address I set up for her which I look after!!  Then at least I can print her record for her.

You need to make sure P&O will accept that as proof.

To add to the confusion? Apparently the UK NHS app verification will be for UK holidays? The EU verification will be digital via a QR code and they intend to extend eligibility to countries outside the EU, however they say there have been no discussions with the UK 😵

Whatever app is used the prudent cruiser will have a back up plan in case the phone battery dies etc etc, or several plans 🥛🤔

• Like 1

Just received confirmation that I am who I said I was on the App.  They will still have to cater to those without internet access and with the number of older cruisers, there will be many of those.

However, you have to go through 284 entries to find the vaccinations, whereas on the actual Medical Centre website, you can isolate the vaccinations and then print them off. 

Edited by jeanlyon

3 hours ago, zap99 said:

Grant Shapps said it on TV this morning. No mention of any alternative, so folks without a smart phone may have an issue. 

When I watched the interview with Grant Shapps on BBC this he mentioned he was chairing a meeting soon about vaccine passports and he did say that access would be via NHS App on smartphones but he did say that there would be a paper version for those that have not got smartphones.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

Just received confirmation that I am who I said I was on the App.  They will still have to cater to those without internet access and with the number of older cruisers, there will be many of those.

However, you have to go through 284 entries to find the vaccinations, whereas on the actual Medical Centre website, you can isolate the vaccinations and then print them off. 

Mine seemed to work ok. Latest 2 entries are flu jab and first Covid jab. All I need to do now is get the second jab in a couple of weeks and the World is open again....ish🤣

2 hours ago, davecttr said:

To add to the confusion? Apparently the UK NHS app verification will be for UK holidays? The EU verification will be digital via a QR code and they intend to extend eligibility to countries outside the EU, however they say there have been no discussions with the UK 😵

Whatever app is used the prudent cruiser will have a back up plan in case the phone battery dies etc etc, or several plans 🥛🤔

Several plans would be prudent🤣

27 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Mine seemed to work ok. Latest 2 entries are flu jab and first Covid jab. All I need to do now is get the second jab in a couple of weeks and the World is open again....ish🤣

I guess there are a few more entries on my record since I broke my hip!!🤣

49 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Zap, did you have the ability to just see vaccinations then?  I had to click on Patient Record which had loads of entries.  There wasn't a separate vaccinations tab?

17 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Zap, did you have the ability to just see vaccinations then?  I had to click on Patient Record which had loads of entries.  There wasn't a separate vaccinations tab?

The tab was medications. It had my first Covid jab, a few antibiotics and flu jabs etc going back to 1999.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

According to info on the App the extended access to your medical records was being trialled in 2020 and then rolled out. So many GP practices won't have implemented it yet? Mine only shows current and past medications including my first COVID jab, current repeat medications 8 and past medications 96

Edited by davecttr

2 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Once I’ve logged into my app I get these limited choices which fortunately include immunisations.....

4F39F18C-1CCA-4584-BA1F-3C14EF26504F.png

Not all doctor's practice management systems have those categories but I put money on it that very soon there will be a tab for everyone.  

• Like 1

Yes I don't get that Immunisations tab.  I only get medicines which does not include vaccinations and I also get Consultations and Events and the jabs are in there.  I wonder if it differs as to how your medical centre puts them on.  I don't get Health Conditions either.  Otherwise it looks the same.  Interesting.

Edited by jeanlyon
  • Like 1

It would be good if we could access more on there but maybe that will happen eventually. It's been quite interesting looking at my medications list, it goes back to 2020. I've been playing guess the condition based on the medicine prescribed 🙂

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, davecttr said:

According to info on the App the extended access to your medical records was being trialled in 2020 and then rolled out. So many GP practices won't have implemented it yet? Mine only shows current and past medications including my first COVID jab, current repeat medications 8 and past medications 96

My medical records are not there yet either, I'm not to sure that I want to see them anyway🤔

I use the Patient Access App which shows both the Covid vaccinations listed under Immunisations and more detail under Medical Record/Medications -Acute.  It means that I can just show that without showing anybody any other info on my records.

Edited by Scriv

On 5/1/2021 at 11:51 AM, Scriv said:

I use the Patient Access App which shows both the Covid vaccinations listed under Immunisations and more detail under Medical Record/Medications -Acute.  It means that I can just show that without showing anybody any other info on my records.

Ah,. my practice doesn't support Patient Access.

Edited by jeanlyon

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Ah,. my practice doesn't support Patient Access.

Ah... Whereas it seems to be the only one that mine mentioned. It does seem to vary a lot between GPs.

On 5/2/2021 at 3:39 PM, Scriv said:

Ah... Whereas it seems to be the only one that mine mentioned. It does seem to vary a lot between GPs.

My practice uses Patient Access, not the NHS App. Each practice is effectively a private business which contracts its services to the NHS, so it has the freedom to decide whether to use either system or none, This applies to England only,  unsure whether either Scotland or Wales have similar systems as Health is a devolved matter. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

My practice uses Patient Access, not the NHS App. Each practice is effectively a private business which contracts its services to the NHS, so it has the freedom to decide whether to use either system or none, This applies to England only,  unsure whether either Scotland or Wales have similar systems as Health is a devolved matter. 

My doctors practice uses SystmOnline (spelling is correct) but this "interfaces" with the NHS app and this has been the intention of the NHS for about 20 years now.  I'm not saying it works in every case and may well need the practice to set a setting.

Edited by MX-Drew

31 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

My doctors practice uses SystmOnline (spelling is correct) but this "interfaces" with the NHS app and this has been the intention of the NHS for about 20 years now.  I'm not saying it works in every case and may well need the practice to set a setting.

My practice has exactly the same, I recently completed a form at the practice to allow me access to my records. This part of the system is not very user friendly as it only gives data for any 60 day period so you have to trawl through the system to get details. It is great for making appointments and ordering repeat prescriptions, especially when you turn up to pick your prescription up after the date when it is stated as ready and it isn't ready. Then you get the questions from the medical expert on reception, "Are you sure you ordered it" "Yes", "You need to allow the designated time for us to prepare it" "Done that" "You must have done something wrong" Here take a look at the message from the system stating you prescription will be ready to collect from yesterday. " I would like to point out this practice will not accept any abuse from patients" she says pointing to a note on the wall. "So am I allowed to ask when the prescription will be ready". "You need to allow 5 working days as described on the system".

8 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

My practice has exactly the same, I recently completed a form at the practice to allow me access to my records. This part of the system is not very user friendly as it only gives data for any 60 day period so you have to trawl through the system to get details. It is great for making appointments and ordering repeat prescriptions, especially when you turn up to pick your prescription up after the date when it is stated as ready and it isn't ready. Then you get the questions from the medical expert on reception, "Are you sure you ordered it" "Yes", "You need to allow the designated time for us to prepare it" "Done that" "You must have done something wrong" Here take a look at the message from the system stating you prescription will be ready to collect from yesterday. " I would like to point out this practice will not accept any abuse from patients" she says pointing to a note on the wall. "So am I allowed to ask when the prescription will be ready". "You need to allow 5 working days as described on the system".

Don't you just love the "medical experts" on reception?