UK Government guidance on UK only cruises

Denarius

Agree, the card would be useless.  My printed copy from my medical centre has my name, date of birth and NHS number on it.  They are going to have to find something for those without computers.  Loads of P&O pax will not be online.

Announced in the 5pm briefing today, from the 17th May the NHS app will provide a proof of vaccine.

Also from the 17th May you can call 119 for a letter confirming vaccine, it must be at least 5 days after complete vaccination and will take about 5 days to arrive.

the Gov.uk site has been updated https://www.gov.uk/guidance/demonstrating-your-covid-19-vaccination-status-when-travelling-abroad

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Really good information.  Thanks.  The only thing it doesn't say is HOW you get the paper format, but maybe that will come

Yes it does. Ring 119 and a letter will be posted

Edited by Gettingwarmer
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Really good information.  Thanks.  The only thing it doesn't say is HOW you get the paper format, but maybe that will come

It does you can ring 119 from the 17th May as long as it is at least 5 days after your second jab.

38 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Quite right - typical of me not to read it through.

At least that will help for your cruising friend. 

Edited by Gettingwarmer
Cruising became crying with predictive text

A problem  that I can see with the vaccination card is that a lot of people are losing them already. I have been at the vaccination clinic checking people in and put the stickers on the cards showing the date, vaccine and batch number and I estimate that at least 1 in 3 people had either lost or forgotten to bring their card with them so we simply gave them a new card with today's vaccination details in the relevant field on the new card. Some people will have 1 card with both sets of imformation, some will have 2 cards each having one set of information and the others will have lost the card/s.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pink-belle said:

Announced in the 5pm briefing today, from the 17th May the NHS app will provide a proof of vaccine.

Also from the 17th May you can call 119 for a letter confirming vaccine, it must be at least 5 days after complete vaccination and will take about 5 days to arrive.

the Gov.uk site has been updated https://www.gov.uk/guidance/demonstrating-your-covid-19-vaccination-status-when-travelling-abroad

That should satisfy P&O's requirements for proof of vaccination. I already have the NHS App and will ring the 119 number for a letter as well. Note that it appears the letter will come from the NHS, NOT your GP. Best to have the letter as the leccie things can break 😱

Please someone do NOT  say it may only apply to foreign holidays 😈

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

A problem  that I can see with the vaccination card is that a lot of people are losing them already. I have been at the vaccination clinic checking people in and put the stickers on the cards showing the date, vaccine and batch number and I estimate that at least 1 in 3 people had either lost or forgotten to bring their card with them so we simply gave them a new card with today's vaccination details in the relevant field on the new card. Some people will have 1 card with both sets of imformation, some will have 2 cards each having one set of information and the others will have lost the card/s.

We are taking great care of our cards. Passports to the world. Falkland Islands here we come.🤣

6 hours ago, majortom10 said:

That will never be accepted  for vaccination proof as easily forged and many, myself included was given mine when I received my vaccination and all it said was the date and the vaccine used handwritten in ballpoint pen with nothing else on not even my name and the wife's is the same.

That's what Saga said a month ago that they would accept,   this was before NHS app was discussed.  But for their demographics when 97% are vaccinated and anyone get a vaccine , why would they expect anyone to forge it. For P&O or Cunard accepting younger people it's different  once we travel abroad then it depends on what  foreign governments accept

Edited by Windsurfboy
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

That's what Saga said a month ago that they would accept,   this was before NHS app was discussed.  But for their demographics when 97% are vaccinated and anyone get a vaccine , why would they expect anyone to forge it. For P&O or Cunard accepting younger people it's different  once we travel abroad then it depends on what  foreign governments accept

Well anti-vaxxers desperate for a cruise might be tempted to forge it!

4 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

Well anti-vaxxers desperate for a cruise might be tempted to forge it!

The figures show that there are virtually no anti-vaxxers in the Saga age group. And, in all honesty, if 2 or 3 people got on board without being vaccinated, with the current R numbers, would it be that serious? 

18 minutes ago, wowzz said:

The figures show that there are virtually no anti-vaxxers in the Saga age group. And, in all honesty, if 2 or 3 people got on board without being vaccinated, with the current R numbers, would it be that serious? 

Who knows! It’s beyond me. Where did you see those figures?

7 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

Not the R numbers. You said something about the number of anti-vaxxers in the Saga age group.

95% of the over 50s have received their first vaccine, so no anti vaxxers to speak of.

On 5/5/2021 at 9:28 AM, bobstheboy said:

Just received an email from Patient Access, stating that if you have had the Covid vaccination it would show on the home screen, after login, proving that you have had it. 

I'm hoping that will be accepted as official proof... it's officially associated with the NHS and is the one my GP uses.

12 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

Well forget forging because mine is genuine but got no personal information on it whatsoever I would have to put in my own name and other than it being Pfizer wouldnt have a clue what batch number. The government have announced that vaccination details will be on the NHS App and for those without smartphone to ring 119 and ask for a paper copy to be sent by the NHS. Would believe that after that announcement that is what everyone who needs vaccination proof will accept and nothing else whatever Saga have said in the past.

11 hours ago, wowzz said:

95% of the over 50s have received their first vaccine, so no anti vaxxers to speak of.

5% of all over 50s in the UK is a large amount of people who have refused or not had the vaccine for medical reasons and there is nothing saying they cannot try and book a cruise.

• Like 2

The point overlooked is the proof can only really be in one electronic format and one paper format otherwise at border control you will have staff reading stuff all the way through trying to work out if it applies as they had not seen that format before. Imagine if we all had a different looking passport depending on what county you were born in.

• Like 2