Solo Cabins

Traveling Mike

10 hours ago, Traveling Mike said:

I am looking at retiring in 2 years and would love to do a long World Cruise.  Does any of the Cruise Lines that do World Cruises have Solo Cabins?

I am offering a speculation with this post.

HAL, if they continue to offer world cruises--and 2022 and 2023 remain on their schedule--are aboard the Zaandam.  Volendam and Zaandam are sisters and are now the elder sisters of the HAL fleet.  If these ships would be retired/sold, HAL might choose to put one of their newest ships in world cruise service:  Koningsdam, Nieuw Statendam, Rotterdam VII.  Those ships have a few purpose built solo staterooms.  OP, I think to answer your question, you will need to be aware of the hardware that is available for world cruises closer to when you intend to sail.  

Have not had one of those solo staterooms and have no interest in such even for a short cruise.  Based on the deck plans and photos that I have seen, to have such a small stateroom during the length of a world cruise, I would be uncomfortable.  

• Like 1

Mike, check out P&O for a world cruise.  Their prices are great, no tipping, their world cruises are adults only so no feral children on board,  and their single supplement is around 160 percent I think.  Their single cabins sell out the first day.  If you are OK with an inside, you can do a solo world cruise for around $23,000.

Edited by SargassoPirate

• 1 month later...

Check out Costa also, they do leave from Europe so you will need to consider airfare. Their single rates are reasonable not the double rate and the cabins are double used for single occupancy, so not as small as designated single-cabins, something you will want to consider for 120 days or longer. I am booked on a world cruise with them 2022 and 2023 and if 2022 should not happen will definitely book 2024. Costa's world cruise includes a drink-plan and 15 excursions. I booked 2023 as soon as it came on the market hearing that world cruises are selling out fast now, Oceania 2023 was sold out in one day.