Flight home question

lovetocruise79

We are hopefully going on a cruise in November from Galveston, I have never cruised out of this port. What would be the earliest time you would book for a return flight for both airports?  I'm looking into airfare for both right now. Thanks for your advice

20 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

I personally wouldn't book before noon.

Galveston is 45mins-1hour from Hobby, add another 45 minutes to IAH. 

Great thank you. I will definitely look for later especially since I've read comments about the fog, although it's not as common in November.

On 4/27/2021 at 8:02 AM, lovetocruise79 said:

Great thank you. I will definitely look for later especially since I've read comments about the fog, although it's not as common in November.

Our rule is not before 130pm. Have had to many close calls getting off the ship and then getting to the airport. Rather get to the airport early then miss a flight.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, jcgld62 said:

What time do you schedule your port to airport (hobby) shuttle if you have a 2:30 flight? 

Also, has anyone used Carnival shuttle, or do you have an independent you would recommend? 

I've been scheduled with Galveston express since March of last year when my first cruise cancelled. I just keep changing the date and ship when the cruise gets cancelled. They have been really good so far working with me. They pick up and drop off at both airports. 

Edited by lovetocruise79

2 hours ago, lovetocruise79 said:

I've been scheduled with Galveston express since March of last year when my first cruise cancelled. I just keep changing the date and ship when the cruise gets cancelled. They have been really good so far working with me. They pick up and drop off at both airports. 

May I ask what time your return flight is and what time you scheduled them to pick you up a the port?

17 hours ago, jcgld62 said:

May I ask what time your return flight is and what time you scheduled them to pick you up a the port?

We haven't purchased the return flights yet, waiting on Southwest to open but I'm looking at either a 2 or 4pm flight from Hobby. I scheduled Galveston express for a 10/10:30am pickup. May spend a couple hours in the airport. 

7 minutes ago, George C said:

We have done flights at noon leaving from hobby, we are in a suite so we are off early, other options if you want off early is to carry your own bags .

Our flight is not until 2:25 and I will be off early (platinum) I was just trying to figure out what time I need to schedule the return shuttle. We usually drive to Galveston but got a great rate on a flight.

On 5/11/2021 at 9:04 AM, jcgld62 said:

Our flight is not until 2:25 and I will be off early (platinum) I was just trying to figure out what time I need to schedule the return shuttle. We usually drive to Galveston but got a great rate on a flight.

We are platinum, and never rush off the ship,  even though we have priority disembarkation. . After breakfast in the dining room we head over to the coffee bar get a cup then go relax and let the rush die down. Walk off the ship in a matter of minutes. If at all possible we never book a flight before 130pm. Rather sit for awhile then miss the flight.