Need clarification about tips in All Included

Humoristix

Hi everyone,

I’m getting confused about the gratuities being part of All Included. Couple of web sites indicate they are the daily gratuities to employees ($15.50), others see it as 18% gratuities from drinks package. It got my hopes up, thinking it might involve both. Do you know exactly what it covers? 

Thank you.

Welcome to CC. The gratuities for the AI CBP are already included. If you want a drink not covered under the CBP you pay the difference plus 20% (not 18%) gratuity. The $15.50 or $16.00 or $19.00 per person, per day depending on your stateroom type is for the different dining venue(s) wait staff  and your stateroom attendant which is covered under the AI gratuities. 

Edited by davekathy

Short version, yes, under AI, both daily gratuities and CBP beverage tips are included. Of course you can always tip more if you want to. We often tip extra to bartenders we use frequently. And we always tip our MDR servers and cabin steward extra at the end of the cruise. Note that tips for room service are not included. 

5 minutes ago, Humoristix said:

Thank you cruisestitch.

Euh... fitness staff? Why exactly would I tip them?

Tipping or tipping above the recommended amount is personal preference. If you feel someone deserves a tip for a service provided (no matter what they are providing) the amount is all on you. If you are going to tip someone extra I suggest you hand it to them and not just leave it.

Edited by davekathy

We booked a cruise for this August when AI first came out.

At the time I don’t think they had finessed the web pages and you still had to tick the box for pre-paid Grats,,which was unusual as it was AI.

Well today I looked at my CP to check FP date (I will probably cancel) and noticed a figure of £282 to cover Pre paid Grats,,,there was the option to remove so I did.

It wasn’t a false entry as the FP amount came down by £282.

Just a heads up,,,it might also apply to you!!

So the discount for AI is $560 CAD.

Below Open Dining Seating Time, it says: Gratuities $288.60 CAD. And my trip total did not change. So I'm guessing prepaid gratuities were simply added to the regular rate? Because $560 does not cover drinks package, tips, wifi and daily gratuities. 

Just to be clear: the rate they offered to begin with is the same I ended up with, minus the $560 AI discount.

Another edit to add that I didn't get the option to check a prepaid gratuities box.

Edited by Humoristix

Regarding fitness staff gratuities.  I have never done this but I understand that if you hire a personal trainer, a gratuity is added to the price of the service.

Regarding purchases made on board to which gratuities will be added outside of the always included” package, I should have listed mini bar purchases and bottles of wine. They are not part of the “always included” gratuities

4 hours ago, mom says said:

And we always tip our MDR servers and cabin steward extra at the end of the cruise. Note that tips for room service are not included. 

We also tip a bit extra to our MDR servers. Even in Blue, when we did not always have the same staff every night ( From memory, there was a process where you could leave the extra tip to the relatively small staff team.

My question concern MDR select dining. How do people handle the extra tipping in Select Dining, if the staff serving them is different every night? 

3 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Regarding fitness staff gratuities.  I have never done this but I understand that if you hire a personal trainer, a gratuity is added to the price of the service.

Regarding purchases made on board to which gratuities will be added outside of the always included” package, I should have listed mini bar purchases and bottles of wine. They are not part of the “always included” gratuities

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

If you take a class, book a personal training session come to mind.

Got it. Thank you.

1 hour ago, cachouonacruise said:

My question concern MDR select dining. How do people handle the extra tipping in Select Dining, if the staff serving them is different every night

We do Select Dining,  but reserve our dining time in advance. And ask for the same table each night. So we have the same servers.