Medallion App Updated and Working Now

HBCcruiser

On 7/18/2021 at 12:54 PM, pompeii said:

How long does it take for a new booking to be recognized by the app?  I rebooked an existing cruise on Friday to get a price drop so now I have a new booking number. The previous booking number was linked to the app (it is no longer since it’s canceled) but the app says the new booking number does not match their information.  Does it take a few days? I’ve triple checked to make sure the number I’m entering is correct. 

2 hours ago, Eaglecw said:

I think you might want to call Princess. It took me a while to get the app right but once I got it downloaded, a couple of times it's working now. I had to uninstall and reinstall it a few times before it would go.

I called the special Medallion number but a regular Princess rep answered who was no help at all. She put me on hold and spoke with the medallion people who told her that my booking was too far out to be recognized by the app and that it had to be within 75 days. I had already explained to her that this was just a new booking number for a cruise that had previously been successfully linked in the app. And also that I have a 2023 booking that is recognized by the app, so the 75 days explanation couldn’t be true.  She then tried to tell me that they haven’t entered the information for this cruise into the app yet. I explained again that this exact cruise was successfully linked until I rebooked it.  She then said that is what ocean ready told her and they would know. Sigh…

I’ve tried a few times since Friday and it still doesn’t work. I’ve logged out and back in but no luck there either. 

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app but it still doesn’t recognize the booking number. I’m glad I’m not sailing anytime soon. 

Edited by pompeii

2 hours ago, pompeii said:

What do you have to do if the app doesn't recognize your booking number?  I get the red message "Your booking information does not match our records."  

I have checked and rechecked the booking number and what I am entering is correct.

Why don't you simply use the Join button and create a login for the app?  You can make your login the same as you use on the Princess web site so it's easy to remember. I certainly don't want to have to deal with booking numbers when I can simply login using my email address and a password.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Why don't you simply use the Join button and create a login for the app?  You can make your login the same as you use on the Princess web site so it's easy to remember. I certainly don't want to have to deal with booking numbers when I can simply login using my email address and a password.

Logging in isn't the issue.  I can log in just fine using my user name and password from the Princess site.  My issue is that only 2 of my 3 existing bookings show up on the app.  When I try to enter the booking number for the third cruise, it says the information does not match their records.  

Edited by pompeii

Booking Specialty Dining on app, I was able to book one specialty dining reservation for one cruise online but it won't let me book another specialty dining reservation. I have tried multiple times on two different phones, deleted then reinstalled the app and also change the default credit card too. I can choose the date, time and restaurant but when I hit confirm all I get is an error message. Has anyone had success booking multiple specialty reservations on a long cruise?

53 minutes ago, pompeii said:

Logging in isn't the issue.  I can log in just fine using my user name and password from the Princess site.  My issue is that only 2 of my 3 existing bookings show up on the app.  When I try to enter the booking number for the third cruise, it says the information does not match their records.  

I was having this same issue a couple of months ago.  In my case the missing cruise did  NOT show as being a medallion cruise.  Weird because all of them should be.  When that was fixed on the Princess site then it showed in the app.  Of course this may not be your issue but just relating what it was for me.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Thank you very much. I did finally get through to someone at Medallion helpline. She was really nice but saw the problem and couldn't fix it. The program has to update and apparently it didn't. She had to write a request so will see if it corrects. She was really nice, checked all my entries on my other cruises, even though I had no problems.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

I was having this same issue a couple of months ago.  In my case the missing cruise did  NOT show as being a medallion cruise.  Weird because all of them should be.  When that was fixed on the Princess site then it showed in the app.  Of course this may not be your issue but just relating what it was for me.

Interesting. Mine definitely shows as a medallion cruise on the website. My pvp reported it to the ocean navigator team who said it was a glitch and added it to their list. I’ll just bide my time for now though since I’m not cruising imminently and there are many other passengers whose need is more immediate than mine. 

I understand Princess will have staff at the pier/terminal to fix the OM info that's gone off the rails for so many.

Bring staff from HQ, from Jan Swartz on down to lower mgmt, to get all pax squared away ... not to stand around and smile, but to WORK, to WORK at getting OMs to WORK for all pax.

Likely the only way people up the food chain will see how crappy this program is.  Well, that oughta get it fixed fast!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pompeii said:

When I try to enter the booking number for the third cruise, it says the information does not match their records.  

Probably no help to you, since you have tried many times. I got that same message when trying to add DW as travelling companion, then after a few 'Searches' it popped up with correct response.

2 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Probably no help to you, since you have tried many times. I got that same message when trying to add DW as travelling companion, then after a few 'Searches' it popped up with correct response.

When I initially tried to add my wife as my travel companion it refused to accept the booking number until I entered it all lower case. Bizarre but it worked.

14 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I have been seeing mostly posts from iPhone/iPad users.  How is the Android version doing?

TIA

I'm on Android. Mine suddenly started working 2 days ago. I can only assume that someone finally looked at my account and fixed some bas data.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

I have been seeing mostly posts from iPhone/iPad users.  How is the Android version doing?

TIA

I'm on Android, and it's not too bad. Some things were glitchy. Some things didn't show up right away. Some things were difficult to input.  But now I think we're good to go on our first booked cruise, since we're in the green lane. I'll be checking back in case we fall back out of the green lane, as has happened to some folks here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

I'm on Android, and it's not too bad. Some things were glitchy. Some things didn't show up right away. Some things were difficult to input.  But now I think we're good to go on our first booked cruise, since we're in the green lane. I'll be checking back in case we fall back out of the green lane, as has happened to some folks here.

What version of Android are you using?

1 hour ago, Eaglecw said:

The company who is building the app for Princess is ‘Global Experience Innovators” they must be hiding in there Mom's basement

That's John Padgett, who was hired by carnival, from disney.

http://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/CorporationSearch/SearchResultDetail?inquirytype=EntityName&directionType=Initial&searchNameOrder=GLOBALEXPERIENCEINNOVATORS P170000603620&aggregateId=domp-p17000060362-bca8b998-b7d1-4e80-b21b-a7d90e767a82&searchTerm=global experience innovators&listNameOrder=GLOBALEXPERIENCEINNOVATORS P170000603620

Although appropriate, I don't think there are any basements in Miami in which to hide.

• Like 1

-----

. . . . So, Global Experience Innovators, Inc. is a subsidiary of Carnival Corporation & PLC.:

. . .  And is hiding in Carnival Corp's virtual basement!

-----

Edited by RSS from SF

I have some updates on two items in the MC App functionality that have been changing or misbehaving:

• The vaccination upload function has been temporarily disabled. This results in the UPLOAD button for vaccine proof being invisible.  They hope to have this re-enabled soon.
  • The white screen issue many of us have encountered when using Health Status section is confirmed as an intermittent problem and therefore more difficult to troubleshoot. Resources are heavily focused (their words) on resolving this.
  • I can mention a work-around for the WSOD - on Android, swipe up from bottom of phone screen and the basic command line appears.  (Three vertical bars on the left; a rounded square in the middle; and a "<" symbol on the right).  Tap the "<" symbol and you should get back to the prior screen and escape the WSOD without re-starting the App.
  • Like 1

Anyone else slip to Yellow after the last email?? Voyage date 8/15/21 & I was Green Lane until a weird email asking me for a visa and to upload NHS app. Slipped to Blue Lane. That email was in error, it was for UK cruises. So I got an email to ignore it. And I now have Yellow Lane. 

I keep wondering if this happens to everyone within a few weeks of cruising bc we have to reaffirm 24° before boarding?? It seems weird but I believe the app is weird

On 7/21/2021 at 2:17 PM, Eaglecw said:

The company who is building the app for Princess is ‘Global Experience Innovators” they must be hiding in there Mom's basement

Suggesting a new name "Global Experience Tribulations" for that Company.  They must hire bunch of monkeys to build that app.

• Like 1