Medallion App Updated and Working Now

HBCcruiser

6 hours ago, Ombud said:

Anyone else slip to Yellow after the last email??

So, I have three upcoming cruises. On the first one, I slipped to yellow yesterday but then when I would click on a different voyage and then back to the first voyage, the first voyage would change back to green... I haven't looked this morning to see if it has reverted back to yellow. Also, yesterday, my health status section updated to a much more detailed section (but without an option to upload vaccine card).

I am not stressing because I don't think my first upcoming cruise is even going to happen (South America/Antarctica for late December). I figure by the time my second booked Princess cruise comes up, things will be ironed out (June 2022 to Alaska).

Edited by erber

On 7/21/2021 at 10:10 AM, Thrak said:

When I initially tried to add my wife as my travel companion it refused to accept the booking number until I entered it all lower case. Bizarre but it worked.

Bearing in mind all of the threads and posts about the App I apologise if this has been answered, however my wife shows as a travel companion but I cannot enter her details on the App. In the former App version we both appeared in the booking and I was able to enter her details, passport photo etc. Am I doing something wrong or do I have to set up an account for her as well and do it separately. She doesn't have a smart phone.

33 minutes ago, leck57 said:

Bearing in mind all of the threads and posts about the App I apologise if this has been answered, however my wife shows as a travel companion but I cannot enter her details on the App. In the former App version we both appeared in the booking and I was able to enter her details, passport photo etc. Am I doing something wrong or do I have to set up an account for her as well and do it separately. She doesn't have a smart phone.

You only need to login with your wife's DoB to access to her profile.   You can do everything there.  She does not need another account.  When I managed my husband's check in, I could do almost everything for him login with my own DoB, except a few details I needed to login with his DoB.

Hope this helps.

I'm booked on a South American cruise from Santiago, Chile to Los Angeles, California and it is showing up on my Medallion app with the correct dates, the correct ship and the correct disembarkation port of Los Angeles, but the app shows I'm embarking at the port of Saguenay River which is in Canada (and not the port of San Antonio, Chile).  I would have thought the app and website would be "linked" so that the information is the same, but apparently that isn't the case.  So do I select an arrival group for a port that I'm not embarking from?  This is so screwed up.

(My SIL who is embarking on a cruise next month is having so many issues, but was finally able to order Medallions and they arrived--hers was correct, but instead of her daughter's, she got someone else's medallion.  So someone else must have received her daughter's medallion, and Princess says they will need to bring all of them and exchange them at the port for the correct one...so much for the faster boarding time.  Hopefully once "fixed" the medallions will actually open the right door and have the right charges posted.)

16 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

The vaccination upload function has been temporarily disabled. This results in the UPLOAD button for vaccine proof being invisible.  They hope to have this re-enabled soon.

This explained why I was able to get to an upload page on a day and not able to do so the next day.   When the upload function re-enabled, I would see a slip back to Blue, and that is expected.

8 hours ago, Ombud said:

Anyone else slip to Yellow after the last email?? Voyage date 8/15/21 & I was Green Lane until a weird email asking me for a visa and to upload NHS app. Slipped to Blue Lane. That email was in error, it was for UK cruises. So I got an email to ignore it. And I now have Yellow Lane. 

I keep wondering if this happens to everyone within a few weeks of cruising bc we have to reaffirm 24° before boarding?? It seems weird but I believe the app is weird

Luckily we are still on Green so far until the app changes again.  

16 minutes ago, BassettMom said:

I'm booked on a South American cruise from Santiago, Chile to Los Angeles, California and it is showing up on my Medallion app with the correct dates, the correct ship and the correct disembarkation port of Los Angeles, but the app shows I'm embarking at the port of Saguenay River which is in Canada (and not the port of San Antonio, Chile).  I would have thought the app and website would be "linked" so that the information is the same, but apparently that isn't the case.  So do I select an arrival group for a port that I'm not embarking from?  This is so screwed up.

(

My medallion app shows the same incorrect port of Saguenay. I can't even select an arrival group. It says it is too soon. Honestly, I don't think this cruise will even happen given the state of Covid and vaccinations and international travel issues. I would just wait and see if the app is ever fixed!

10 hours ago, Ombud said:

Anyone else slip to Yellow after the last email?? Voyage date 8/15/21 & I was Green Lane until a weird email asking me for a visa and to upload NHS app. Slipped to Blue Lane. That email was in error, it was for UK cruises. So I got an email to ignore it. And I now have Yellow Lane. 

I keep wondering if this happens to everyone within a few weeks of cruising bc we have to reaffirm 24° before boarding?? It seems weird but I believe the app is weird

My app changes every other day.  Green, white, yellow.  I am ignoring it.  I sail Oct 4th.  Not going to worry about it.  I have input everything they asked, and I am sure when I am within 30 days of sailing the green lane will be there along with QR Code.  Have a great weekend

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CeCe_ said:

This explained why I was able to get to an upload page on a day and not able to do so the next day.   When the upload function re-enabled, I would see a slip back to Blue, and that is expected.

Why do you think Princess wants you to upload vaccination info when you have to show it at the port?

46 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Why do you think Princess wants you to upload vaccination info when you have to show it at the port?

Can't say for sure, but they've said that anybody who showed up at the pier without acceptable vaccination records would be denied boarding and no refund given. I would very much hope that they'll actually examine the provided uploads and clue a person in whether or not they'll get on the ship if they show the original at the pier. (And I know what it says on their website, so nobody needs to quote that or direct me there.)  Too much to hope for?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ombud said:

Yesterday after thee-mail. I checked my app and it went to Yellow for about 15 seconds and then back to Green. I'm beginning to think that our upcoming cruise is going to be really LAME!

2 hours ago, AF-1 said:

I'll do anything that is required on MC if that makes my check-in completes.  If you want to do your own way and go to the Blue / Yellow lane is also your choice.

Edited by CeCe_

6 hours ago, leck57 said:

Did your wife show up in the App automatically or did you select an option to add her ? Repeating previous comments of mine, I believe I had to add her and then  her photo showed at the top of Personal Info. I could switch between us and add Passports, Health Acceptance etc. I a moment of idiocy I created and account for her on Princess and Medallion and I deleted an reinstalled the App. I no longer see DW in my login - I added her as Travelling Companion but that did nothing. I have a vague memory that I used Link Booking initially but do not see that option in reloaded App.

Edited by Tedferg

5 hours ago, CeCe_ said:

You only need to login with your wife's DoB to access to her profile. 

What does this mean, is it an option under your login or a separate login beginning with Booking Number ?

1 hour ago, Eaglecw said:

Yesterday after thee-mail. I checked my app and it went to Yellow for about 15 seconds and then back to Green. I'm beginning to think that our upcoming cruise is going to be really LAME!

I wonder if this pertains to Server accessibility / response time. The App probably needs to check status on a server every time and does not keep information locally on your device. So maybe the App defaults to Yellow until it gets a flag from the Server to say you are Green.

With over 60 pages of mainly problems & frustration with the Medallion Class App and many more threads, again with mainly problems, I think Princess should take a step back and rethink this a bit. With all these problems do they really think things are going to be that sped up at the port. There are going to be long lines, whether you are yellow, blue or green. And then there are the people who have had grandparents, children or travel agents help with the check-in. Then the couple has flown into FLL a few days early just in case of bad weather etc.. Now they aren't able to do those last minute (24, 48,72 hrs.), health check, vaccination check etc., because they don't have the means or the app isn't working. 

If Princess wanted to do the right thing and be inclusive for all  they should run the app in tandem with their online presence till ALL the kinks have been worked out of this app and it works in some manner for all those who have devices. Again as I have mentioned in previous posts Princess has left on line things like booking a cruise and booking excursions, drink packages etc. to help their cash flow but have taken off other things like check- in. Interesting. 

My wife and I have never really minded waiting a 1/2 hour or so to get checked in etc. at the cruise terminal. It all adds to the excitement of going away and getting on board. At that point we are "already where we want to be", going on a cruise.

Just my 2 cents worth.

• Like 3

Dave from Ont, you make a lot of sense. In eight cruises we never had a wait even as long as half an hour, but I take your point - it is part of the tingle of getting on the ship.

I also predict that the vast majority os passengers are blissfully unaware that Medallion Class App exists ! They will turn up at the pier as they always did.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dave from Ont said:

With over 60 pages of mainly problems & frustration with the Medallion Class App and many more threads, again with mainly problems, I think Princess should take a step back and rethink this a bit. With all these problems do they really think things are going to be that sped up at the port. There are going to be long lines, whether you are yellow, blue or green. And then there are the people who have had grandparents, children or travel agents help with the check-in. Then the couple has flown into FLL a few days early just in case of bad weather etc.. Now they aren't able to do those last minute (24, 48,72 hrs.), health check, vaccination check etc., because they don't have the means or the app isn't working. 

If Princess wanted to do the right thing and be inclusive for all  they should run the app in tandem with their online presence till ALL the kinks have been worked out of this app and it works in some manner for all those who have devices. Again as I have mentioned in previous posts Princess has left on line things like booking a cruise and booking excursions, drink packages etc. to help their cash flow but have taken off other things like check- in. Interesting. 

My wife and I have never really minded waiting a 1/2 hour or so to get checked in etc. at the cruise terminal. It all adds to the excitement of going away and getting on board. At that point we are "already where we want to be", going on a cruise.

Just my 2 cents worth.

You absolutely hit the nail on the head. Never in my past 34 cruises have I spent so much time and frustration just trying to use an app (that often didn't work) just to be able to board a ship. One more cruise with Princess after our 8/8/21 cruise and then back to HAL and Celebrity who continue to make check in easy via my PC and then at portside and,  I really don't need to be tracked once on board either.

49 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Dave from Ont, you make a lot of sense. In eight cruises we never had a wait even as long as half an hour, but I take your point - it is part of the tingle of getting on the ship.

I also predict that the vast majority os passengers are blissfully unaware that Medallion Class App exists ! They will turn up at the pier as they always did.

You couldn't be more right. We have some older friends who always book though AAA. I was telling them about the Medallion app and the veterans OBC program. They told me that AAA takes care of all of their cruise business, they said they'd call AAA. A couple weeks later I asked them if they called AAA and they hadn't called them yet. Again I told them you need to call AAA and download the app and enter all your information, as of today they haven't done either. They cruise in 2 weeks. I think they will be a lot of people who let you say will be surprised when they get to the port thinking that they be able to get on the ship like they used to. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CeCe_ said:

I'll do anything that is required on MC if that makes my check-in completes.  If you want to do your own way and go to the Blue / Yellow lane is also your choice.

I have never had a request on the app to upload vaccination card.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, kitty2264 said:

Could someone explain exactly where the "upload button" for vaccine cards is (or was) on the app or show a screenshot.  I have never seen any indication to upload any document other than passports.

I couldn't find and I looked a few times for it. Updated up app and I still couldn't find it. I gave up, I'll just bring my CDC card to the Port

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

I have never had a request on the app to upload vaccination card.

It showed up on my MC and prompted me to upload the COVID certificate because I was not in my convenient to upload at that time, I returned the next day and the option is gone.

29 minutes ago, kitty2264 said:

Could someone explain exactly where the "upload button" for vaccine cards is (or was) on the app or show a screenshot.  I have never seen any indication to upload any document other than passports.

4 minutes ago, CeCe_ said:

It showed up on my MC and prompted me to upload the COVID certificate because I was not in my convenient to upload at that time, I returned the next day and the option is gone.

Go figure.  I don't sail till Oct so will wait until September.  Right now I have all green checks except Arrival/Departure and the app told me 30 days out I can input