Medallion App Updated and Working Now

HBCcruiser

18 minutes ago, Eaglecw said:

I couldn't find and I looked a few times for it. Updated up app and I still couldn't find it. I gave up, I'll just bring my CDC card to the Port

For a few days, there was an upload page in the Medallion app. It was buggy, and a lot of people had problems with it. It was removed several days, maybe as much as a week, ago. My guess is that since we’re required to bring original documentation to the port anyway, it was removed since it was yet another thing that wasn’t working properly. 

@Tedferg commented about server accessibility impacting the way our check marks show up; I was thinking something along these lines as well. I can’t help but wonder if all of the app stuff is being run through a single server that’s just not up to the task. Between the volume of passengers getting ready to go, the passengers in the planning stages, and what feels like a lot of data usage from the app itself, the supporting structures feel woefully inadequate. Conjecture on my part, but it sure looks like it. 

2 hours ago, Chai8 said:

a single server that’s just not up to the task. Between the volume of passengers getting ready to go, the passengers in the planning stages, and what feels like a lot of data usage from the app itself, the supporting structures feel woefully inadequate. Conjecture on my part, but it sure looks like it. 

Exactly we have not used many apps so this is the first time we have experienced something that has a high volume of data. For example Google Maps must have a huge database of information but users are just accessing that data, they are not updating it and data does not vary by user. Worse yet, I wonder if they use more than one server for different MC modules.

I notice MC shows a very very old mobile number that is different from Mobile number on Princess Profile.

Edited by Tedferg
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Why do you think Princess wants you to upload vaccination info when you have to show it at the port?

Either I read something about this...or dreamed it...but the "source" which I can't remember said that Princess/cruise ships were trying to validate vaccinations before cruising.  Several were "caught".  It is a federal offense.  Why would anyone do this?  Wish I could remember where I saw this.

3 hours ago, kitty2264 said:

Could someone explain exactly where the "upload button" for vaccine cards is (or was) on the app or show a screenshot.  I have never seen any indication to upload any document other than passports.

upload.PNG

• Like 1

Cr8tiv1 my tech skills & knowledge are a little sub par. Will I take a photo of my card with my camera? Then when I press the "upload" button it will allow me to upload that photo from  my gallery? Our health status has green check & says complete, but I have not uploaded our proof of vaccination. Thanks for any info & input. 

Edited by 1965
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

upload.PNG

Is that a recent screen shot or did you take it a couple of days ago?  That's what I saw when I uploaded my vax card.  But a couple of days later I tried to upload my hubbys card and the feature was gone.  Several folks have reported that they took the ability to upload the cards away for now.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Did your wife show up in the App automatically or did you select an option to add her ? Repeating previous comments of mine, I believe I had to add her and then  her photo showed at the top of Personal Info. I could switch between us and add Passports, Health Acceptance etc. I a moment of idiocy I created and account for her on Princess and Medallion and I deleted an reinstalled the App. I no longer see DW in my login - I added her as Travelling Companion but that did nothing. I have a vague memory that I used Link Booking initially but do not see that option in reloaded App.

To be honest I can't recall, as I was referring to the previous App workings before they "upgraded" it to the current version. Our first Medallion cruise was a couple of years ago and I can only recall her name and little photo was on the first screen and I just touched her photo which gave me access to adding her details, passport photo etc. I can't recall how it got there (i.e. by me or automatically) in the past. Like you, I think I added her. However I can't see how I can do that now.

On 6/10/2021 at 2:49 PM, Happy2cruise said:

Trying to scan passports and nothing happens.....help!

I scanned our passports - but to me it looks kind of blurry - will this be acceptable? and how do you get whatever goes on that QR code so it can be scanned

1 hour ago, leck57 said:

To be honest I can't recall, as I was referring to the previous App workings before they "upgraded" it to the current version. Our first Medallion cruise was a couple of years ago and I can only recall her name and little photo was on the first screen and I just touched her photo which gave me access to adding her details, passport photo etc. I can't recall how it got there (i.e. by me or automatically) in the past. Like you, I think I added her. However I can't see how I can do that now.

I spoke to support and both photos show now and I can switch between them. 

2 hours ago, 1965 said:

Cr8tiv1 my tech skills & knowledge are a little sub par. Will I take a photo of my card with my camera? Then when I press the "upload" button it will allow me to upload that photo from  my gallery? Our health status has green check & says complete, but I have not uploaded our proof of vaccination. Thanks for any info & input. 

I have a photo of my card stored on my phone.  I just uploaded that photo.  I did have to change it's orientation (rotate it) I was able to verify that I had my vaccinations AND upload my card.  Then it disappeared.  

I tried to walk my cabin mate through this process on Tuesday 7/21.  Option to upload was still available.  But she has an Android....and it didn't work for her.  We are not in the same city, so I could not help her further on my iphone.  

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

Is that a recent screen shot or did you take it a couple of days ago?  That's what I saw when I uploaded my vax card.  But a couple of days later I tried to upload my hubbys card and the feature was gone.  Several folks have reported that they took the ability to upload the cards away for now.

I completed all of my requirements on July 20th.  Screen shot is dated 7/21 @ 5:15 PM.  I. just checked today 7/23.  Her option to upload the vaccination card on my iphone is NOT there.  

There is no rhyme nor reason why this problem is happening for some and not others. Princess should pull this app until every aspect works consistently over time.  I am not the most tech savvy person on this earth, but am able to muddle my way through this obstacle course.  I have 1, 2, 3, 5, green checked...Green lane.  But unable to pick a boarding group.  GRRRRRRRR.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

I think we uploaded our CDC cards around July 7 or 8.   So far so good.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I completed all of my requirements on July 20th.  Screen shot is dated 7/21 @ 5:15 PM.  I. just checked today 7/23.  Her option to upload the vaccination card on my iphone is NOT there.  

There is no rhyme nor reason why this problem is happening for some and not others. Princess should pull this app until every aspect works consistently over time.  I am not the most tech savvy person on this earth, but am able to muddle my way through this obstacle course.  I have 1, 2, 3, 5, green checked...Green lane.  But unable to pick a boarding group.  GRRRRRRRR.

I have previously posted that they removed the vaccination card UPLOAD button for the time being.  It isn't a bug.  IDK when it will return.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I can make the Health Status go YELLOW if I answer that we have traveled in the past 14 days.  I selected country "ITALY" for the location of the travel since that is where our cruise will commence.  If everyone answers the same, the entire ship will be in the YELLOW lane - other than a small number of Italian citizens.  Now, we are planning to head to Italy ahead of time for some land touring on our own, but it may not be a full two weeks ahead.

If this system lasts to Fall 2022, I wonder if Princess really intends everyone flying from USA, Canada, UK to Rome to answer YES to international travel and have 99% of pax in the YELLOW lane.

If I re-answer the same question as NO, it goes back to GREEN.  Leaving it there for now.

Edited by Steelers36

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

If this system lasts to Fall 2022, I wonder if Princess really intends everyone flying from USA, Canada, UK to Rome to answer YES to international travel and have 99% of pax in the YELLOW lane.

I was wondering about this as well. This will be an issue as well on the Dec 19 South America/Antarctica trip we have booked (if the cruise actually goes forward) as our leg of it commences in Chile. Since we live in Florida we will have to travel internationally to reach the departure port. I cannot believe Princess really has thought this all through.... Practically All yellow lane passengers for boarding will be an issue....

To answer post #  for Steelers 36 and erber;  They are asking have your traveled internationally prior to your cruise.  Steelers 36;  If you left your home and did land tour of Italy, then got on ship you should leave it as no.  erber, same goes for you erber.  You were not out of the country prior to your cruise.  If you were in another country, then went back to Florida, then flew to Chile;  you would answer yes.  Flying to Chile to get on a cruise ship would qualify as no.

1 hour ago, erber said:

I was wondering about this as well. This will be an issue as well on the Dec 19 South America/Antarctica trip we have booked (if the cruise actually goes forward) as our leg of it commences in Chile. Since we live in Florida we will have to travel internationally to reach the departure port. I cannot believe Princess really has thought this all through.... Practically All yellow lane passengers for boarding will be an issue....

i chose No for travel internationally for now. This Health information needs to be revised closer to embarkation. 

57 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

To answer post #  for Steelers 36 and erber;  They are asking have your traveled internationally prior to your cruise.  Steelers 36;  If you left your home and did land tour of Italy, then got on ship you should leave it as no.  erber, same goes for you erber.  You were not out of the country prior to your cruise.  If you were in another country, then went back to Florida, then flew to Chile;  you would answer yes.  Flying to Chile to get on a cruise ship would qualify as no.

How about Canadians travelling across the international border to sail out of the U.S. have they carved out an exemption for that?

• Like 1

Haven't seen this notice before.  It was buried under the notice that it was too early to get a boarding time.  Removed the notice and found this:

Select Expected Time of Arrival

All times are estimated and subject to change.  

At any time you can change the arrival group for any guests in your party.  

Does anyone know when this window of opportunity opens?  I made final payment.  That didn't trigger it.  I am green checked on everything.  That didn't trigger it.

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Haven't seen this notice before.  It was buried under the notice that it was too early to get a boarding time.  Removed the notice and found this:

Select Expected Time of Arrival

All times are estimated and subject to change.  

At any time you can change the arrival group for any guests in your party.  

Does anyone know when this window of opportunity opens?  I made final payment.  That didn't trigger it.  I am green checked on everything.  That didn't trigger it.

someone on another thread said they got an arrival time 35 days out.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Daniel A said:

How about Canadians travelling across the international border to sail out of the U.S. have they carved out an exemption for that?

I don't know about Canada?  Has the US allowed them to come in yet?

11 hours ago, AF-1 said:

someone on another thread said they got an arrival time 35 days out.  

On the July 25/21 Majestic Roll Call someone got an arrival time of 11:30 am & an email saying 1:00 pm for arrival.