Medallion App Updated and Working Now

HBCcruiser

30 minutes ago, roxievegas said:

if you want to order your medallion not using the app

call 1 844 525 0942

I have an iphone6 and the app will not download, and i am not going to buy a new phone

I called the number above, put in my request for dining time, and ordered my medallion and will do the rest of the paperwork at the pier.  

not happy, but I can spend money on a cruise or spend money on a phone, which would Princess like me to do

I really appreciate you passing on the number.  I will call them this afternoon.  Thanks again.

2 hours ago, compozer said:

I really appreciate you passing on the number.  I will call them this afternoon.  Thanks again.

I had good result first time with that number, second time it went to regular CSR who was of no help.

Email to askoceanmedallion@carnival.com got a response and problem was fixed/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, compozer said:

You will not be able to reach them this afternoon.  They are only available for phone calls Monday through Friday until 5 PM PDT. 

They use to be open until 7pm.  It just recently changed.  Maybe they can't get help like restaurants and others.  So many angry customers calling.  I try my bet to be nice but my patience is starting to run out.    I am so tired of being on hold.   They could easily do what other companies do - call you back.   I really would be upset if I counted up all the hours I have been on hold with them this past year.

Sandy

I did forget to mention that I was on hold for 30 minutes, then passed to someone else and again put on hold for at least 15 minutes.  Bottom line - I got my dining time, and medallions ordered, but I still will have to finish all the paper work at the pier.  Not happy about that.

I am sending an email today to Jan Swartz to point out the obvious, but she has probably gotten thousands of emails already, and nothing has been fixed for those of us that don't own the right equipment

16 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

I'm currently on my 88th try to upload my security photo. Sure, it's a lousy picture, but it's better than most I've had taken onboard. 

Spinning, spinning, spinning. Maybe it will work this time. 

Do you get an option to Upload ? When I first did ours I could choose pictures from my photo gallery. DW photo has disappeared and now only opens camera to take a new photo.

3 hours ago, roxievegas said:

I am sending an email today to Jan Swartz to point out the obvious, but she has probably gotten thousands of emails already, and nothing has been fixed for those of us that don't own the right equipment

Not defending Princess but they have announced a PC Web based process to be release November.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

I'm currently on my 88th try to upload my security photo. Sure, it's a lousy picture, but it's better than most I've had taken onboard. 

Spinning, spinning, spinning. Maybe it will work this time. 

I also have a lousy picture.  I was able to take a better picture then when I submit it, all it does is spins and then stops spinning.  I deleted the app and downloaded again. Sometimes I am able to take a picture, other times page is white.

Some of us have cruises sooner than Nov.

I'm at the point that if they don't send medallion to us, and we have to show up with our

Passports & everything else we need to board.... it takes a few more minutes, but alot Less

frustration.  Who cares.

Seems its not much different than how we've boarded in the past.

In fact last couple medallion cruises we picked up our medallion at the pier and took No time at all.

As far as boarding group?  I plan to show up, when I show up.  Can't be any longer than

some of those mass boardings where a thousand of us sitting around in chairs waiting our turn.

If we don't get our perfect Dining time?  Don't think I really care.

Seems thats a cluster for alot of folks too, so we can take care of that onboard too.

Talk to maitre'd, or whatevers.

Guess I'm kinda tired of overthinking this medallian app.  Good luck all.

I just ordered our Emed home covid AG test kits.  That was enough to get figured out

ahead of time.

22 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Do you get an option to Upload ? When I first did ours I could choose pictures from my photo gallery. DW photo has disappeared and now only opens camera to take a new photo.

NO. On one page it says to take or upload a photo, but when I click on that, it only want to use my camera. In selfie mode, I get a reflection of the phone in my glasses, so I blindly take a photo the other way, but I get a usable one. When I click confirm, I get nothing about 19 times out of 20. The other times, after much spinning/loading, I get: Data not available. Please try after sometime. 

Hubby's photo is in there (at least for the time being). 

I really don't want to get stuck in the Blue lane, simply because my photo won't load. 

I may try the delete/reinstall trick. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/4/2021 at 2:57 PM, pompeii said:

Exactly.  Even if the new internet is unlimited, I'm not happy to have to pay for a benefit that was previously free.  

I'm not happy with this for the same reason; previously, we would each get 250 minutes of free internet on a 10 day cruise which was more than we ever used. Now we have to pay.  

On 9/10/2021 at 10:14 AM, barrykel said:

Edit: And anyone who said it wasn't possible is obviously lying. Of course it's possible! All they need to do is implement one new page in the Personalizer that calls the same backend functions as the app - most likely there's an existing Web Service that does exactly what they need. What they really meant was that their beancounters were too cheap to spend the small amount of development expense that it would take to do so.

Actually they just need to take the existing Web Based personalizer and add CSS ( cascading style sheets) for mobile devices, which is relatively trivial task,  and add the new functionality that is in the medallion app which is a very small set of functionality missing from the existing web based personalizer. Oh and test it!!!!!!!!

Regarding Web Services, do you actually think the developers of the Medallion app actually know what those are? 

Edited by brisalta
  • Haha 2

On 9/13/2021 at 11:24 AM, roxievegas said:

I did forget to mention that I was on hold for 30 minutes, then passed to someone else and again put on hold for at least 15 minutes.  Bottom line - I got my dining time, and medallions ordered, but I still will have to finish all the paper work at the pier.  Not happy about that.

Jan may very well no longer be in this loop...John Padgett was named PCL President about October 12.  Jan is the head of Holland America Group.

2 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Jan is the head of Holland America Group.

The HA Group also includes Princess, Seabourne, and P&O Australia, as well as HA itself. The announcement about Padgett's promotion mentions that he reports to Jan.

1 minute ago, barrykel said:

The HA Group also includes Princess, Seabourne, and P&O Australia, as well as HA itself. The announcement about Padgett's promotion mentions that he reports to Jan.

Hence my point that Jan may not be the person to contact any longer...she most likely would delegate things of that nature and not get directly involved...IMHO.

6 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Hence my point that Jan may not be the person to contact any longer...she most likely would delegate things of that nature and not get directly involved...IMHO.

Interesting point - I do wonder whether Padgett may have gotten the promotion by positioning himself as the guy who can fix the problems with the app (including introducing the web-based version of Ocean Ready). If he can actually do so, he will deserve our thanks (and maybe even get me back on a Princess ship in the future). We'll see.

24 minutes ago, barrykel said:

Interesting point - I do wonder whether Padgett may have gotten the promotion by positioning himself as the guy who can fix the problems with the app (including introducing the web-based version of Ocean Ready). If he can actually do so, he will deserve our thanks (and maybe even get me back on a Princess ship in the future). We'll see.

Has anyone above bottom-of-the-foodchain at Princess even acknowledged any problems?

Seems the assessment of the program from lower mgmt on up is that all is moving forward swimmingly.

Edited by pms4104

25 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

Has anyone above bottom-of-the-foodchain at Princess even acknowledged any problems?

I did see a report in one of the threads here from someone who had spoken to Jan, and she indicated that she was going to let the developers setup a booking for her and she somehow expected that to solve the problem. I explained to the readers of that thread (but sadly not to Jan) that there was no way looking at a single booking (much less one that was certain to be setup correctly) could really help, but at least it does seem like she now recognizes that there is a problem. Also, the fact that they are spending development funds to implement the web-based version of Ocean Ready is in and of itself an admission that the app has problems.

Edited by barrykel

8 hours ago, barrykel said:

Jan is the perfect example of "The Peter Principle".  You find them at every level in every company!

The Peter Principle states that a  manager rises to his/her level of incompetence.  Appears to be the case with Jan.

Edited by HleeCruiser
spelling correction

6 hours ago, HleeCruiser said:

Jan is the perfect example of "The Peter Principle".  You find them at every level in every company!

The Peter Principle states that a  manager rises to his/her level of incompetence.  Appears to be the case with Jan.

That's absurd!  Anyone that knows Jan would tell you that she is anything but incompetent and has had a great career of leadership and builder of future leaders.  You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

I probably should had taken the route of not dignifying your comment with a response. 

• Like 3