Countries not permitted to board

BVILady

Enjoy your 122 days Cruise.

I wish I could convince my spouse to come on such a long Cruise.

Even 29 nights was a big problem to convince my spouse, but I managed ultimately.

It was such an amazing price--

only $2258 + €580 service charges for 2 adults in an Ocean view for 29 nights, stopping at 17 ports, that we had to go

Edited by drsel
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, drsel said:

Enjoy your 122 days Cruise.

I wish I could convince my spouse to come on such a long Cruise.

Even 29 nights was a big problem to convince my spouse, but I managed ultimately.

It was such an amazing price--

only $2258 + €580 service charges for 2 adults in Ocean view for 29 nights, that we had to go

Just mention 4 month no cooking, now washing dishes.....and a selection of dishes and deserts she wouldn't usually cook.  I told my Adult Children already that I am not sure whether I will be ready to cook again after I return.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BVILady said:

Just mention 4 month no cooking, now washing dishes.....and a selection of dishes and deserts she wouldn't usually cook.  I told my Adult Children already that I am not sure whether I will be ready to cook again after I return.

I am afraid that will not work, because we have a maid to do all the housework and my spouse is an excellent cook, who prepares gourmet food and excellent desserts almost every day!

Edited by drsel
  • Like 1

I am an early riser, so the shows are not so much of interest for me, I mainly travel for sightseeing and can't wait. And I enjoy the Italian cuisine and not to have to cook and wash dishes 🙂 🙂 🙂 Don't get me wrong I do like cooking but coming up with new menu's all the time and catering to "no gluten, no carbs" gets tiring. Hopefully lot's of lectures are things I am interested in and maybe I am lucky and find some rummy cub players for sea days.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2022 at 11:57 AM, BVILady said:

Just checking, have not found any updates on that ridiculous rule. Last update I see is from Dec. 5th, 2021. If I did miss anything can you kindly provide a link? Thanks in advance.

My wife as an American had no problems at all to board the Toscana over Easter. She does have a German residence permit, though, so that might have made a difference.

Thanks Alex; I carry a German passport and my friend US-passport, but it reads if we have been during the last 14 days in the US- or British Virgin Islands we will not be permitted to board. At the moment we are scheduled to spend Christmas/New Year in Germany for a cruise Jan. 6th, 2023. As much as I do love Germany, really don't want to be there in the cold. Will try and call Miami tomorrow, hoping the call-center has updated information. Hoped somebody might know more to avoid being on the phone forever.

• Like 1