From Newbie to Diamond in C&A in one cruise

With this current C&A point doubling promo going on it is technically possible to go from a newbie to a Diamond in the C&A in just ONE 14-day cruise in a suite as a solo. (or B2B 7 day cruises)

Diamond Plus in just 5 7-day cruises or 4 7-day and 1 3-Day. 

So pretty quick 

Pinnacle possible in under 6 months

That seems like it would add a lot more to the roster and dilute the exclusiveness

• Haha 1

Or

4 minutes ago, NightOne said:

With this current C&A point doubling promo going on it is technically possible to go from a newbie to a Diamond in the C&A in just ONE 14-day cruise in a suite as a solo. (or B2B 7 day cruises)

So pretty quick 

That seems like it would add a lot more to the roster and dilute the exclusiveness

Or it won't even make up for the points that weren't awarded during Covid because cruising is shut down longer than the double point period.

Tom

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, NightOne said:

So pretty quick 

If you think those levels are exclusive, you haven't sailed in many, many years.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

I am toying with the idea of a junior suite to get me to the diamond level so i can get free expresso in the diamond lounge. 

Or spend 50 bucks x 4 cruises and just buy it and save about 2 grand. 

Decisions , decisions ...

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, loman said:

I am toying with the idea of a junior suite to get me to the diamond level so i can get free expresso in the diamond lounge. 

As a friend would say:  What do you get?  Two cokes and a Hershey Bar?  I was happy at D.  Enjoy D+ for a couple of reasons but didn't cruise for the purpose of getting to D+

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

Other than an exercise in math, what's your point?  You can't seriously think there are many, if any, people who are going to do this, do you?

I looked at a 14 day transatlantic for $5300 for the solo suite. (that includes taxes, etc too)

Very doable. 

Edited by NightOne

42 minutes ago, loman said:

Don't Diamonds still get that $300 balcony discount on future cruises? (or whatever that discount was)

Don't they also get daily drink vouchers too?

1 hour ago, NightOne said:

So pretty quick 

Well you cant go from totally newbie. You have to already have a C&A account already set up to qualify for the double pts.

6 pts a day X 7 days is 42 pts, not diamond level unless you are already half way.

Good idea to book a suite on a  long TA. I need to get to that 340 pt level for solo discount. Let's get cruising resuming so they quit cancelling me. Hard to get up if they keep canc. 

23 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Well you cant go from totally newbie. You have to already have a C&A account already set up to qualify for the double pts.

6 pts a day X 7 days is 42 pts, not diamond level unless you are already half way.

Good idea to book a suite on a  long TA. I need to get to that 340 pt level for solo discount. Let's get cruising resuming so they quit cancelling me. Hard to get up if they keep canc. 

One 14 day cruise is 84 points (or 1 7 day B2B) 🙂

2 hours ago, NightOne said:

Don't Diamonds still get that $300 balcony discount on future cruises? (or whatever that discount was)

Don't they also get daily drink vouchers too?

They do get 3 daily drink vouchers to use during happy hours.

The balcony discount isnt as good as it sounds and isnt 300. I think it might be 225 but its offset or discounted by other discounts on the fare. Before hitting diamond I thought you got it off the top. Some cruises its 0, or $47 off. .. I always have to ask my TA to see it. It was one of those things not as good as it sounded. 

• Like 1

I did the math too.😉

We are currently Platinum @ 50.

We have an 8 night booked for Feb in a JS that will take us to Diamond, (+32 = 82)

Then next summer we have a b2b, 2 @ 12 nights, also in a JS (+96 = 178) that will take us to D+. 😁

(assuming these all happen)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were going to D+ in March 2020 without the double points.  Did not happen then or in May, June, July, August, September, October, December 2020 (all cancelled).  Would have also happened in January, March & May 2021 (also cancelled).  Now waiting for the July announcement. 😒

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PigsCanFly said:

We were going to D+ in March 2020 without the double points.  Did not happen then or in May, June, July, August, September, October, December 2020 (all cancelled).  Would have also happened in January, March & May 2021 (also cancelled).  Now waiting for the July announcement. 😒

Maybe it would of been quicker if you applied for Singapore citizenship. 🤣🤣

Just received email saying they were extending our FCC .🙄

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NightOne said:

So pretty quick 

I wonder how many single people have the money and time to do that. Married people would either have to leave their partner at home or pay for a second cabin. Royal has a lot of ships that they need to fill and not everyone will return to cruising after Covid either because of fear, health issues or they have found other things to do. The double points offer sounds like a smart marketing move to get people back on their ships and keep building their Crown and Anchor membership numbers.

My first cruise on Royal Caribbean was in 2013.  I am currently at 70 points, earned on TEN 7-day cruises in standard balcony cabins.  I am now more hopeful that I will actually be sailing on a B2B in November 2021.  With the double points, I should get 14 for the first week, which will put me in the Diamond category during the second week.  I will be quite content with whatever perks I receive.  

6 hours ago, Vera/Lee said:

I wonder how many single people have the money and time to do that. Married people would either have to leave their partner at home or pay for a second cabin. Royal has a lot of ships that they need to fill and not everyone will return to cruising after Covid either because of fear, health issues or they have found other things to do. The double points offer sounds like a smart marketing move to get people back on their ships and keep building their Crown and Anchor membership numbers.

Why would you think solo cruisers have less money than couples to cruise. You say you wonder if solos will have the time and money to cruise.

Even if they booked insides at double pts wouldnt take long. I have 10 on rcl booked solo, though not all at double pts unless its extended.

5 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Why would you think solo cruisers have less money than couples to cruise. You say you wonder if solos will have the time and money to cruise.

Even if they booked insides at double pts wouldnt take long. I have 10 on rcl booked solo, though not all at double pts unless its extended.

Congratulations on your bookings! I have 8 and excited for them. We are both blessed to be able to do that.

I guess my thoughts on the expense of traveling solo comes from things I see and hear. I was in a cruise group for about 10 years or so. Some of my friends are now widows. Instead of getting two social security checks to pay their bills, they get one. They want to keep their savings in case of medical needs in the future. 

My husband is still working so cruising every other month is a lot for him to manage. My Son can work from anywhere, but he's busy building his business and setting up his home. Then I see people that have lost their jobs and businesses. They are trying to rebuild.

I know there are people that can afford to cruise solo for 35 days, but are there enough of them to really overcrowd the Crown and Anchor benefits? How many BIG, new ships are there? 

If we get all of the double points from our 8 cruises booked, we will go from 250 points to 414. (I'm not interested in going solo.) That still puts us 286 points from the next level, but it gives me hope that we can make it to P in 4 or 5  more years.  ---I'm just ready to cruise again!---

Edited by Vera/Lee
correct spelling
  • Like 2