Easter in Bermuda

jethrojam

I booked NCL to Bermuda April 15-22 2022.   She will be in Bermuda on Easter Sunday.   Aside from the facts of it being A: Early for cruising in Bermuda, B: Post Covid and C : A Sunday in General in Bermuda, Does anyone know if anything special happens on the Island?    Or if it is in Complete Shut Down Mode, despite a ship being docked there?

I Imagine some things will be closed.   I am just hopeful if nothing else we will be able to get a taxi to the beach and back (and the store there will be open).  

Thanks

6 hours ago, jethrojam said:

I booked NCL to Bermuda April 15-22 2022.   She will be in Bermuda on Easter Sunday.   Aside from the facts of it being A: Early for cruising in Bermuda, B: Post Covid and C : A Sunday in General in Bermuda, Does anyone know if anything special happens on the Island?    Or if it is in Complete Shut Down Mode, despite a ship being docked there?

I Imagine some things will be closed.   I am just hopeful if nothing else we will be able to get a taxi to the beach and back (and the store there will be open).  

Thanks

Shops are normally closed on Sunday. Usually there are shops open at the Dockyard on Sunday for cruise ships but I don't know about Easter. Easter is a big traditional weekend holiday starting on Good Friday. Big kite flying day. Sunday religous services. Restaurants will have Easter brunch. April is not considered beach weather. Both air and water temperature tend to be cool then. Since you are from New England that might be okay for you. There is a 25% surcharge for taxis on Sunday. There will likely be minibus service to Horseshoe Beach which is $7 per person shared ride. Given Covid and everything and little travel to Bermuda any info is dated. 

8 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Shops are normally closed on Sunday. Usually there are shops open at the Dockyard on Sunday for cruise ships but I don't know about Easter. Easter is a big traditional weekend holiday starting on Good Friday. Big kite flying day. Sunday religous services. Restaurants will have Easter brunch. April is not considered beach weather. Both air and water temperature tend to be cool then. Since you are from New England that might be okay for you. There is a 25% surcharge for taxis on Sunday. There will likely be minibus service to Horseshoe Beach which is $7 per person shared ride. Given Covid and everything and little travel to Bermuda any info is dated. 

Ya I imagine all of this to be true.  but this is april vacation week so a cold beach day is better than a warm work/school day.   Thanks for your input.

1 hour ago, jethrojam said:

Ya I imagine all of this to be true.  but this is april vacation week so a cold beach day is better than a warm work/school day.   Thanks for your input.

I am too thin blooded to go to the beach in Bermuda in April. It was too cool for me in May.

March and April are whale watching season in Bermuda. That is what I would be doing in April on a Sunday.in Bermuda I would check the Island Tour Centre and see if they have any whale watching tours on Easter Sunday.

https://www.islandtourcentre.com/whale-watching/

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I am too thin blooded to go to the beach in Bermuda in April. It was too cool for me in May.

March and April are whale watching season in Bermuda. That is what I would be doing in April on a Sunday.in Bermuda I would check the Island Tour Centre and see if they have any whale watching tours on Easter Sunday.

https://www.islandtourcentre.com/whale-watching/

ah great thanks for the tip!