Thursday 4/29/21. Weigh-In. —-Last weigh in of the Month

Izena

Sorry I can write like Belle   
Hope she is having a marvelous vacation.  

This is 5th weigh in for April

For those who are maintaining their weight I hope there is no gain for the month,

For those on a weight loss endeavor I hope the scale has been kind this month.

My loss  2.8 for week and  met month goal with 5.8 .

Im. Only a few pounds from  What I hope is a weight I can maintain.   ( would like to lose about 15 more lbs after that but need to be realistic). 

would like to hear from everyone even it’s just  to say hello

Izena - Congratulations on your loss that is wonderful.  I understand what you mean by would like to lose more,  I find that because I'm not as young as I used to be that I feel better if I have a few (15) extra pounds - I find that maintaining is very difficult though - I love food and I still have a tendency to use it for a reward or comfort!

That said - I did not weigh myself this morning, I ended up getting up and having my one cup of cereal and 1/2 cup 2% milk!!!   Coffee too.

My youngest son came over last night (with his spouse and MIL) - he made dinner - they are doing keto and he made pizza with chicken crust, a homemade alfredo sauce, bacon and broccoli.  It was very good - he also made a keto cheese cake.    When he started out in college he thought he wanted to be a chef and took courses for that - he's a good cook.  He ended up getting his BA degree in social work - but, still likes to cook for others.

Hope everyone has a good day - I plan on weighing in tomorrow!  (but, know it won't be that I want it to be).  Jan

Hello all.  This morning I was down 2 pounds.  I have stayed with nutrisystem(almost).  We ate out one time this week.  It was a little challenging but doable.  Jan I tried Keto.  It was good but just very hard for me to maintain.  Maybe I needed someone that could cook better than I could.  This weekend my sister and I are going to To Kill A Mockingbird play in Monroeville (home of Harper Lee).  We both have wanted to go for many years.  Finally scored tickets this year.  I doubt that I will stay on my diet with her.  Next week might not be as good but I want to enjoy the weekend.  Hope everyone has a good one!

Hi all!

Izena ~ thanks for starting the thread & congrats on your weight loss.

Jan ~ nice to have a son who's a good cook. Lucky you!

Alabaster Cruiser ~ nice loss. Sounds like a great weekend ahead.

I'm down 0.8 lbs so not too bad.

Belle ~ hope you're having a nice vacation.

Sure hope the CDC news means we'll be sailing again before fall! Just hope the border opens too.

Have a nice weekend & stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Jo, Izena & Alabaster, nice losses

Jo, you've sent me to look up keto. I keep doing what I've always done just adding more water when I want to lose. But if I can have cheesecake maybe I'll try it

My sister (the one with the dogs I was watching) came over -- and yes -- he isn't housebroken here. She wants to know when I can watch them again. Nope.Never. Especially when they act up with even her

Love the new CDC possible rules. Cruise critic wrote a great summary.  Bottom line:

1. Can restart in July 2021 if 95% crew / 98% passengers fully vaccinated

2. Test voyages not needed

3. Embarkation: rapid antigen COVID-19 test before embarkation

4. Disembarkation: those who were exposed to or contracted COVID-19 may to drive home if port is close to their home OR may quarantine in a hotel if flying home

Morning everyone.  Yes it’s 5am. There are thunderstorms— Jazzper doesn’t do well — he pants, drools, paws at me — he gets medicated. (He just gagged up a much of foamy stuff on my shirt) 

Jan it’s ok not weighing.  Both of my sons like to cook.  The younger one cooked Thanksgiving  meal when he was 14 ( I was working and newly divorced).  My older son does most of the cooking in his house.

Susan good loss.  To kill a mockingbird bird,  is one of my favorite movies. The play would be awesome.

Jo nice loss.  I agree would be great to open the borders.  

Ombud good for you for NO to watching your sisters dogs.  

I tried the keto diet once  -  didn’t work - never got into ketosis.

Soon we’ll all be talking about our cruises.

Looks like everyone did ok this week.  I finally weighed myself this morning.  I was surprised that I am down 0.6# from the last time I weighed two weeks ago - I now weigh (again) what I weighed the first weigh in of March.  I will take it - I didn't really stay on track this month - hopefully will next month, but we are going to visit one of my husband's brothers and wife in Iowa.  I was going to go by myself, as my BIL works out of town - so we were going to have a girls week.  BIL decided to retire next week and thought it would be nice for the two of them to spend some time together.  I will miss spending time with my SIL - but it will be nice for all of us!!!

I have never actually tried keto (except for some of the things that my son makes).  I did try the south beach diet when that was all the rave ---- I gained weight on it.  I find that I need to count calories and eat a balanced diet.  Hopefully soon I will get back to it.  Motivation is still lacking.  

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!  Jan

Izena, thanks for starting the thread this week. Great loss!

Ombud, we're going to have to compromise on the design on the pool wall - it follows the curve of the gunite. We looked at "twisting" the columns a little above the water line, but we decided that just makes it worse. They are going to fix the firepit though.

Jan, Great being down this week! We do keto-ish. It's probably more of a low carb - we don't count macros or anything, but I get into ketosis by intermittent fasting. My doctor said my labs showed I was in ketosis at my last appointment. 

Susan, Nice loss! Enjoy the play!

Jo, Way to go! 

I had a wedding on Friday this week, so my schedule was all out of whack. DH had to go into the office both yesterday and today. They are working on a couple of projects for the next 6 weeks that require quite a bit of overtime. He puts all his OT pay toward family vacations so it will help to pay down next year's Alaska cruise. Since he had to work, I decided I would mow the lawn for him yesterday morning, and I couldn't use my arms for the rest of the day! We live on a corner lot, so there is a ton of edging that comes along with that. I was down .2 on Thursday, but we had takeout Wednesday night. I'm down more than that now, but I'll just add it to next week's numbers.

Mel - nice that you were down.  I think what my son & spouse are doing is a modified keto, if think like you it is just low carb they do have a cheat day.  SIL is going to PT after second surgery and everyone is amazed at the 75# he has lost.  It is wonderful to see them being healthy!!! 

DH & I finally went to the gym yesterday (Planet Fitness) - after 14 months.  I guess DH has gained back 18# of the 35 he had lost before lockdown.  There were maybe 10-12 people there and we did treadmill for 65 minutes.  No one near us and everyone masked.  DH says we are going back today.  Monday and Thursday I meet with my trainer (still in a barn/garage - masked).   My legs hurt already!!!   Jan

Everyone has done well this week.  

storms were good for yards 6 inches of rain.  Now it’s hot and very humid.  Walked the arboretum this morning— copperhead snakes on  asphalt trail sunning themselves.  

decided to try and get in shape for kayaking in MT.   Found some excerises for upper body for total gym— will give it a try   

Izena - 6" of rain sounds wonderful. Not that I'd want it all in 1 day though

Jan - sounds like Planet Fitness was almost empty, even so I'm not comfortable around the unmasked yet. I'll get there 

Mel - nice goal for OT$s

I'm refinishing the kitchen cupboards today (: hopefully this is just a short break. A lot of exercise but I can't see putting new flooring next to 40 yo wood cupboards. Hoping this is the last time I refinish them. My poor Koda keeps nudging me. He thinks we should be out walking. Maybe later

Ombud - Everyone at the gym was masked and I never got any closer than 15 feet from another person - I was worried about it before we went ... but, it was very well done.   I just worry about the people who do not want to get the vaccine and who also don't want to mask.  Crazy times.

Refinishing cupboards sounds like lots of work - are you sanding and then staining or our you painting them?  I but it will look lovely when it is finished.  Seems like just when everything gets done it has to be started all over again.  We had the outside of our house pained a few years ago .... some of the trim needs to be redone - I can do it, but am amazed how things to do keep showing up over and over again!!!  Jan

All I really did today was wash the kitchen and bathroom cupboards, sand lightly, and apply a clear finish. I had forgotten they were nutmeg which is very close to the bamboo that I picked out. But they are only in 90 ft² of the kitchen and the total area that I'm having the floor put on a 600 ft². So I think it should be OK. But we all know these projects have a way of growing. Now I want to replace the family room furniture as well. Oh well, I didn't spend any money traveling in 2020

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

All I really did today was wash the kitchen and bathroom cupboards, sand lightly, and apply a clear finish. I had forgotten they were nutmeg which is very close to the bamboo that I picked out. But they are only in 90 ft² of the kitchen and the total area that I'm having the floor put on a 600 ft². So I think it should be OK. But we all know these projects have a way of growing. Now I want to replace the family room furniture as well. Oh well, I didn't spend any money traveling in 2020

I'm not sore I'm just physically and mentally tired. I'm having a hard time coming to a decision but I need to. There's a big hole in a 30 yr old carpet

Sounds like we all have projects.  First what to get ceiling Sheetrock seam fixed, along with various other ceiling issue and paint.  

next will be master bath.  Need tub replaced (jets don’t work.) with just a deep soaking tub.  Also on same wall is shower — which is dark and ugly because they used the same tile in shower that is on the floor beige/lt carmel.  

just went to do laundry and the on off switch  is being weird and the timer not working. .   It’s only 3 years old.  So far temperature  settings okay.  None of this is emergent-  just using a kitchen timer.

trying to exercise upper body..  getting ready for kayaking.   Thinking of using the clothes rod from the closet  as paddle to practice  my strokes.

I’m getting nervous  — I’m either over or under thinking this whole idea.

Jan, nice you were able to get back to the gym.

Ombud, I'm sure you will love how it all looks when you are done! We got new kitchen cabinets in our old house and didn't want to replace the cabinets in the bathrooms when we were ready to sell. We painted them white, and it made a world of difference.

Izena, Nice that you are so close to the arboretum. I'm really bad about adding projects to our list. There's always something else to do! Sorry about the timer. 

I took the kids to the craft store today to get supplies to make cards for my MIL. $60 later we had everything they wanted. 🤑 We got a few stamps, and I'm always surprised at how expensive they can be. It's the first time the kids have been inside a store in 14 months. DD asked if we could celebrate on the way home by picking up shakes. 😆 I politely declined her request.

• Haha 1

Sure is quiet in here.  

Lucille is back haunting my scale.  I have stuck to 1100 calories or less.  Still walking but not as far when hot.  I weigh daily.   Weight going up every day (knew last week was too good to be true) so there will be a gain this week. 

Got the bid from the painter.  Basically repairing 2  ceiling areas, painting great room, kitchen , master bedroom, hallway.  Price wise less than I was thinking.  Scheduling for Mid July.

Spoke to friend whose dog I walked when visited his 92year old Mom.  His dog is a 10 year old beagle.  Well over the weekend he noticed the dog had a problem getting on the couch. Took her to vet, probably has cancer.  Her time is very limited.  Breaks my heart. 

Good luck on tomorrow’s weigh in.

• Like 1