Switching cruise to an earlier one

ScratchTheRat

Hi all.

I am booked on a 7 day December cruise on IONA currently. I am wondering with the P&O policies, whether I can switch this cruise to an EARLIER one in July/August instead?

I know the point of the policy is to put things back to later dates not earlier but we're vaccinated so may wanna do something shorter and earlier.

11 minutes ago, ScratchTheRat said:

Hi all.

I am booked on a 7 day December cruise on IONA currently. I am wondering with the P&O policies, whether I can switch this cruise to an EARLIER one in July/August instead?

I know the point of the policy is to put things back to later dates not earlier but we're vaccinated so may wanna do something shorter and earlier.

Only one sure way to find out, give them a ring (select new booking).

40 minutes ago, ScratchTheRat said:

Hi all.

We did that a few months ago and also changed to a much cheaper cruise and still no admin fee payable.  I think that is still possible but, if so, the policy could change be at any time.  I think the transfer still had to be done before balance payment date of the original cruise, though may be wrong with that.

Normally any transfer needs to be for the same price or higher and for a date within a year of the original sailing as well as being subject to an admin charge.

Edited by tring

I think the company will be pleased if people DO bring their cruises forward. They want and need as much money coming in as possible. The sooner you are onboard, the sooner you are spending! The sooner you booking, the greater the balance payment they have in their bank. Happy days. You get to cruise sooner and they get to stay in business (one hopes).

11 hours ago, bungle66 said:

I think the company will be pleased if people DO bring their cruises forward. They want and need as much money coming in as possible. The sooner you are onboard, the sooner you are spending! The sooner you booking, the greater the balance payment they have in their bank. Happy days. You get to cruise sooner and they get to stay in business (one hopes).

I was having a read on Yahoo! shares info app last night.  Basically, over the last 12 months Carnival have had an income of £0.  Therefore they only need one passenger to step on board and their income far exceeds the last 12 months income!

'Of course the reality in not as simple as that, but as you say, the sooner the better.

BTW, according to the article, Carnival have made additional financial arrangements that would enable them to survive another year without cruising.  Hopefully it won't come to that and we can all start cruising as soon as comfortable with on board protocols etc.