Has HAL decided yet? Will they require vaccinations?

TomBeckCruise

17 minutes ago, YXU AC*SE said:

Just received a survey invitation from HAL wrt vaccination views and acceptance of various proposed health protocols ...        Scott. 

image.thumb.png.9809a2fa983e925949e9fc7d80143206.png

WOW, this is actually good but I honestly think they need to send this to every passenger that is booked for a cruise that is to sail from July through the end of the year. They need to hear from as many as possible.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

My husband received this survey (not me yet) and it did ask about if you’d sail without all crew & passengers being vaccinated.  He was very honest in his answers so maybe HAL is feeling out what passengers want.   

Edited by canadianbear
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, YXU AC*SE said:

Just received a survey invitation from HAL wrt vaccination views and acceptance of various proposed health protocols ...        Scott. 

image.thumb.png.9809a2fa983e925949e9fc7d80143206.png

Wow!  So they are going to develop and implement their "health" protocols based on popular opinion?  Just absolutely irresponsible.  THANK GOD that the CDC will be making those determinations for US sailings and it won't be a popularity contest.  SMH. 

Edited by harkinmr
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Middleager said:

Add us to those who will cruise only if all passengers and crews are fully vaccinated.

It was one of the questions my husband answered indicating we would only cruise if all crew & passengers vaccinated. 

• Like 3

Just now, LAFFNVEGAS said:

That is exactly what I was thinking, of the CCers stating they received this, so far only those from Canada. I know I did not receive one.

As you know Lisa we are in Canada and neither of us or any of my friends have received the survey and we have 3 cruises booked starting Sept.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

That is exactly what I was thinking, of the CCers stating they received this, so far only those from Canada. I know I did not receive one.

This OKIE from Oklahoma just got and filled out one!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

So they are going to develop and implement their "health" protocols based on popular opinion?  

No.  But HAL can certainly gauge customer reactions to and and acceptance of same, and what drags (or boosts) they may have to future bookings / likelihood to recommend, etc.  Example (which was not profiled) is the current requirement for HAL-only shorex -- which is an absolute non-starter for me. Scott. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

WOW, this is actually good but I honestly think they need to send this to every passenger that is booked for a cruise that is to sail from July through the end of the year. They need to hear from as many as possible.

I completely agree with you.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, YXU AC*SE said:

No.  But HAL can certainly gauge customer reactions to and and acceptance of same, and what drags (or boosts) they may have to future bookings / likelihood to recommend, etc.  Example (which was not profiled) is the current requirement for HAL-only shorex -- which is an absolute non-starter for me. Scott. 

Whether it's a marketing tool or not changes nothing.  Gauging customer reaction may help in their determination of interest in vaccinated sailings versus unvaccinated sailings, but anything related to health and risk assessment of protocols should be based on science and medical guidance, not whether customers think it's a good idea.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

We're booked for Thanksgiving week, & haven't received any surveys...  would love to add my opinion that all crew & pax should be 100% vaccinated...