Has HAL decided yet? Will they require vaccinations?

TomBeckCruise

53 minutes ago, ScottishMaid said:

Did only Canadians get the survey?

I'm in NC and also received it today. DH and I are currently booked for the 12 Day baltic explorer this August and are hoping HAL will cancel it and flip our booking and associated perks to next year. Final payment for my BB TA is may 10. This cruise covers 6 different countries. I can't imagine it will be anything close to the experience i had originally booked it it does sail. I mean, st Petersburg is the major draw for this cruise. Is Russia really going to be open? As of right now, all 6 counties are listed at  level 4 do not travel by the state department.

1 minute ago, CruiserBruce said:

Aren't we Mariners?

LOL Maritimers live on the East Coast of Canada with all the lovely weather and the storms, seas and ocean, or high tides.   Not quite the same as Mariners 😉 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

...  but anything related to health and risk assessment of protocols should be based on science and medical guidance, not whether customers think it's a good idea.

With respect, you're the only one that is suggesting this ?  HAL has already laid out what it is proposing to do here:  https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/news/coronavirus-travel-advisory/traveling-and-staying-healthy/covid-guest-protocols.html   I do think it is a commercially relevant question to ask, is someone willing to fork over 10k on a vacation experience that may have [several] encumbrances attached to it, that some might find less than satisfactory, or particularly vacation-y.  

One interesting thing they did ask was consumer views wrt non-vaxxed under-16yos, and should they be permitted to sail with their parents.    Scott.    

Just now, aliaschief said:

The survey asked us not to share or discuss our replies which tells me they want a honest general consensus.

Would be interesting how many of us are booked for fall cruises.

We are.  Why I would like a survey and hopefully a straight answer out of HAL down the road.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, YXU AC*SE said:

With respect, you're the only one that is suggesting this 

I do think it is a commercially relevant question to ask, is someone willing to fork over 10k on a vacation experience that may have [several] encumbrances attached to it, that some might find less than satisfactory, or particularly vacation-y.  

One interesting thing they did ask was consumer views wrt non-vaxxed under-16yos, and should they be permitted to sail with their parents.    Scott.    

With all due respect, whether I am the only one (so far) who has suggested this is neither here nor there.  I have a right to my opinion and to express it.  Gauging customer reaction to health protocols may be useful generally, but it is a slippery slope.  An example, is when Carnival Cruise Lines released Covid protocols a couple of months back and then retracted them almost immediately because there had been such vehement blowback online.  No cruise line should be making a decision to implement a health protocol based on public opinion.  You do things because they are the right thing to do for the safety and health of all of your passengers.  It's that simple.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

With all due respect, whether I am the only one (so far) who has suggested this is neither here nor there.  I have a right to my opinion and to express it.  Gauging customer reaction to health protocols may be useful generally, but it is a slippery slope.  An example, is when Carnival Cruise Lines released Covid protocols a couple of months back and then retracted them almost immediately because there had been such vehement blowback online.  No cruise line should be making a decision to implement a health protocol based on public opinion.  You do things because they are the right thing to do for the safety and health of all of your passengers.  It's that simple.

It could be many ports of call are demanding vaccinated pax’s and crew be fully vaccinated and they are surveying how many booked pax would still go.

Just speculation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

That is exactly what I was thinking, of the CCers stating they received this, so far only those from Canada. I know I did not receive one.

I live in TN, received it, filled it out and submitted it.  I want vaccinated passengers and crew.  Forget temperature checks and someone jamming a cotton swab up my nose.

• Like 5

Given HAL's demographic, I would think they would have an easier time getting passengers onboard with a vaccination requirement than lines such as Carnival and Royal Caribbean.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roz said:

I live in TN, received it, filled it out and submitted it.  I want vaccinated passengers and crew.  Forget temperature checks and someone jamming a cotton swab up my nose.

That is exactly how I feel, if everyone is vaccinated they should not have to be constantly testing us for covid. The only way would be if in the case of my upcoming cruise if it sails from Amsterdam that they supply a covid test at the end of the cruise so we can board a plane back to the US if it is still required.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisegirl said:

I don’t see how HAL really has a choice about requiring vaccinations if they want to sail this year and maybe beyond. It would be nice if they would take a stand on this and let us know. 

You are correct, and they will need to make this stand pretty darn soon. They either have to go through the cost of test cruises and the time it will take to do these test cruise or do like the other lines and make it mandatory that all be vaccinated to by pass the test cruises and go right to revenue sailings. CDC finally spelled it out for them. It is now in their court. Although I do not like that they are dragging their feet. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1