Carnival..Please do the 8-day Exotic Mexico Itinerary again..Maybe on the Panorama?..We want to go to back to Zihuatanejo!

On 5/2/2021 at 10:05 AM, Lil2Angelic said:

What airport did you fly into to get to Zihuatanejo?

Flew to Zihuatenejo. They have a nice, medium size airport there.

On 5/2/2021 at 2:34 AM, joeyancho said:

Guerrero state (which includes Ixtapa,  Zihuatanejo and Acapulco)  is a level 4 do not travel advisory.   US government employees have all kinds of restrictions in place on their movements.   Its all on the state department website.  That's why the ships no longer port there.  The State Department uses statistical analysis to issue these warnings,  not conjecture or how it feels there. 

It has been a level 4 for years, including the last time I was there. It is a safe place with many Americans and Canadians visiting and living there. I felt MUCH safer there than in most parts of Jackson, Mississippi where I live. 

Posted (edited)

I agree! Zihuatanejo is one of my favorite places in the world that I have been. Cruised there once and then flew in another time. Just beautiful, so welcoming. Never been so relaxed.

03C03D17-BD4B-40CC-8EF0-FF000C8DD66B.jpeg

Edited by nklpikl

Years ago did the 8-day Exotic. I think it was out of San Diego and on the SPIRIT. Great cruise. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

5 hours ago, glrounds said:

Years ago did the 8-day Exotic. I think it was out of San Diego and on the SPIRIT. Great cruise. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

Yes, it was from San Diego where Spirit was seasonally ported 2011-2012. We did both an 8 day and a 9 day. Great itineraries. 

1 hour ago, sanmarcosman said:

Yes, it was from San Diego where Spirit was seasonally ported 2011-2012. We did both an 8 day and a 9 day. Great itineraries. 

I looked up our past cruises. We did the 8 day in 2006 and 2009 on the Spirit..Great ship! Must have been out of San Diego too. What was the 9 day itinerary?..Do you remember?

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Lil2Angelic said:

I looked up our past cruises. We did the 8 day in 2006 and 2009 on the Spirit..Great ship! Must have been out of San Diego too. What was the 9 day itinerary?..Do you remember?

It was the Spirit out of SAN

Did it 05,06,07

Was  the 9 day including Cabo?

Or was it  San Diego, Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta, Manzanillo, Ixtapa, San Diego   

Thats what we did  on the RCL Radiance in 09

Edited by jonbgd
23 hours ago, mexicobob said:

Flew to Zihuatenejo. They have a nice, medium size airport there.

Should have also added that we flew non-stop from Houston. Most visitors come from the West Coast which has non-stop flights from various cities.

On 5/4/2021 at 6:47 PM, jonbgd said:

It was the Spirit out of SAN

Did it 05,06,07

Was  the 9 day including Cabo?

Or was it  San Diego, Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta, Manzanillo, Ixtapa, San Diego   

Thats what we did  on the RCL Radiance in 09

Our Spirit 9 day in 2011 had the ports you have listed plus they threw in Ensenada on the last day.

On 5/3/2021 at 7:43 PM, mexicobob said:

It has been a level 4 for years, including the last time I was there. It is a safe place with many Americans and Canadians visiting and living there. I felt MUCH safer there than in most parts of Jackson, Mississippi where I live. 

Everyone feels safe until the crap hits the fan. 

• 1 month later...

Anyone have their 8 day cruise vanish? My 2024 8 day Panorama still shows in my cruise manager but I was doing some double checking and the cruise dose not show up at all on the Carnival main site. Checked another travel site and it showed up in the click down menu of dates but says "information not available". Does this mean they are changing the itinerary or some other change?   

1 hour ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Anyone have their 8 day cruise vanish? My 2024 8 day Panorama still shows in my cruise manager but I was doing some double checking and the cruise dose not show up at all on the Carnival main site. Checked another travel site and it showed up in the click down menu of dates but says "information not available". Does this mean they are changing the itinerary or some other change?   

Yikes!!!! Checking mine now… I have an 8 day in 2024 as well 

On 5/1/2021 at 11:41 AM, cruisingguy007 said:

It's on the "do not travel list". Maybe it's an insurance thing? Jalisco and Nayarit are on the "reconsider travel" list and they have major tourists zones. Acapulco is probably just as safe as others in as long as you stick to tourist zones. They aren't looking to kill/harm tourists, rip you off and over charge you? Absolutely! Kill and harm? Nah. It's mostly turf and cartel beef and they don't like attention. Especially, negative US tourist attention. Ensanada has those same guys in trucks with machine guns all over also. I like it actually. Makes me feel safer and that there is a response near by if something were to happen. Plus the lines, and in turn passengers, could probably land a great port fee/tax rate! 😁

Have you ever lived in Mexico?

1 hour ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Mine still shows for Feb 2024

8 hours ago, bdever said:

Mine still shows for Feb 2024

My March 2024 is back now too. That was strange. Maybe just some computer updates or something? Anyway, glad it's now showing again.