Windstar's All-In Package

Windsailer

1 hour ago, new_cruiser said:

The daily gratuity is $23.35 according to this page:

https://www.windstarcruises.com/all-inclusive-cruise-package/

The gift form has all the packages:

https://media.windstarcruises.com/media/plan_your_voyage/2019_gift_order_form.pdf

In the My Windstar page, (within the Windstar website) you can read or download a copy of the "Setting Sail" brochure (you do not need to be a registered/reserved patron to gain access to this page).  It lists the daily automatic gratuity as $14.50.  The $23.35 seems to include the automatic gratuity, and likely bar service gratuities...together.  I guess listing this amount just lets Windstar make the "all-in package" look like a better value.

I have attached the current pdf of the "Setting Sail" brochure.  The gratuity information is on page 13.

Settiing Sail (3-4-21).pdf

They do have offers from time to time but the per piece price is fairly reasonable - and sometimes when I actually price all my items it is actually cheaper than the whole bag option.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Bubbling this back up to the top.  It appears that Windstar recently revamped the All-In package, removing the laundry service and lowering the pricing by $10 to $79.  If you already have the original All-In booked, you can retain it, or forfeit the laundry services to get the lower priced offering.

https://advisorhub.windstarcruises.com/groups-promotion

2 hours ago, Zukini said:

Bubbling this back up to the top.  It appears that Windstar recently revamped the All-In package, removing the laundry service and lowering the pricing by $10 to $79.  If you already have the original All-In booked, you can retain it, or forfeit the laundry services to get the lower priced offering.

https://advisorhub.windstarcruises.com/groups-promotion

If I am reading the gift order form correctly (https://windstarcruises-media.s3.amazonaws.com/media/plan_your_voyage/gift_order_form.pdf), I think it's a better deal to take the new package and then add laundry separately.

The original package was $89/day and included gratuities, beverages, wi-fi and laundry.  The new package is $79/day, but no laundry. Laundry is $8/day (per person).  On my upcoming 10 day trip, that is $20/less per person. 

Am I doing the math correctly?

9 minutes ago, RemPuck said:

If I am reading the gift order form correctly (https://windstarcruises-media.s3.amazonaws.com/media/plan_your_voyage/gift_order_form.pdf), I think it's a better deal to take the new package and then add laundry separately.

The original package was $89/day and included gratuities, beverages, wi-fi and laundry.  The new package is $79/day, but no laundry. Laundry is $8/day (per person).  On my upcoming 10 day trip, that is $20/less per person. 

Am I doing the math correctly?

It sure looks like it.  I, for one, was happy to have it included as part of the all-in when there wasn't an alternative, but for an 11 day cruise I can't imagine using the laundry service more than once or twice, so I'll back down to the $79 package (saving $220 for the two of us), and take advantage of a laundry bag special if one pops up. I'm certainly not going to be needing over $200 in laundry services.

6 minutes ago, Zukini said:

It sure looks like it.  I, for one, was happy to have it included as part of the all-in when there wasn't an alternative, but for an 11 day cruise I can't imagine using the laundry service more than once or twice, so I'll back down to the $79 package (saving $220 for the two of us), and take advantage of a laundry bag special if one pops up. I'm certainly not going to be needing over $200 in laundry services.

Thanks @Zukini.  You've actually made me rethink the approach to laundry.  On our last trip, we only did the laundry package (not the all in package). It was also an 11 day trip and we had a few days pre-cruise as well.  It was close to a "wash" as to coming out ahead with the package; we probably washed a few more things than we would have normally only because we'd already paid for it.

If we do laundry pay-as-we-go, I can also apply OBC.  

Food for thought....thanks for bring this topic back to the forefront.

RemPuck

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RemPuck said:

Thanks @Zukini.  You've actually made me rethink the approach to laundry.  On our last trip, we only did the laundry package (not the all in package). It was also an 11 day trip and we had a few days pre-cruise as well.  It was close to a "wash" as to coming out ahead with the package; we probably washed a few more things than we would have normally only because we'd already paid for it.

If we do laundry pay-as-we-go, I can also apply OBC.  

Food for thought....thanks for bring this topic back to the forefront.

RemPuck

If you buy the laundry package when you get on board, you can also use OBC for it. 

We often do Cruise Collectors and laundry is included in those. That may be part of the reason for making the change.  For our non-cruise collectors, I think we usually came out ahead when buying the laundry package because we travel light and often spend a few days pre-cruise and post-cruise. But their per piece prices are reasonable compared to hotel laundry prices so I can see it being close. 

I like this change! After canceling our October Star Breeze cruise, I signed us up for the 20 night combo 7 night Society Islands with the Pacific crossing next April.  We save $10 pp per day on laundry(free laundry  included over 15 days) and get the all in for $10 less pp per day. Bring on the drinks and clean clothes :).

Now, if it will only continue to improve in FP.

Doug

We love the laundry service of WS and we travel only with carry on luggage. We never bought the laundry  package because we always came out ahead have it done as needed. Now with our alumni status it is free, great service another reason to love WS. Happy Sailing

• Like 1