New 2021 sailings?

Jeremiah1212

20 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

There is a call tomorrow discussing "New" 2021 sailings. Any guesses as to what and where these may be?

I am thinking down the river on and english raft

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

There is a call tomorrow discussing "New" 2021 sailings. Any guesses as to what and where these may be?

Since the CSO states that only 7 day cruises will be allowed to/from a US port before Nov 1st, maybe they're going to discuss the new sailing schedules for the Equinox (Caribbean) and Millennium (Panama Canal) out of Ft Lauderdale and the Millennium (Panama Canal) out of San Diego as they both are offering longer than 7 day cruises. But, that's just a guess. 

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Maybe lining some things up to tie into possible US ports allowing cruise ships again by July or August? Maybe a Caribbean cruise out of FLL, a Bermuda out of Jersey, a Mexican Riviera out of L.A.?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

Maybe lining some things up to tie into possible US ports allowing cruise ships again by July or August? Maybe a Caribbean cruise out of FLL, a Bermuda out of Jersey, a Mexican Riviera out of L.A.?

Sailings from New York/NJ are very possible. Considering New York is opening July 1, wouldn’t be shocked to see late summer sailings to Bermuda. Fingers crossed 🤞

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Cruiseenthusiast101 said:

Sailings from New York/NJ are very possible. Considering New York is opening July 1, wouldn’t be shocked to see late summer sailings to Bermuda. Fingers crossed 🤞

They might go on into the early fall too since there will be no Canada/New England cruises to alternate itineraries with.

Maybe cancelling Reflection sailings from Amsterdam to Baltic and around Britain that are longer than 7 days.

And replacing them with 7 day Med sailings from say Barcelona.

Especially as some EU countries around the Med and Portugal are starting to ease travel restrictions.

A 7 night from Barcelona to Malaga,Lisbon,Gibraltar and Palma de Mallorca could be a goer.

Edited by JeanieC,Aston
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Cruiseenthusiast101 said:

Eh… speaking as a NYC resident, we’ve all kinda eye rolled this announcement. One person announced that NYC was “reopening” on 1 July, and ironically,  Hizzoner has no say over when most things in NYC can actually reopen.

When it comes to the three cruise terminals in NY/NJ,  they’re all run by the Port Authority, which is a multistate agency. It’s sorta like the subways… DeBlasio doesn’t actually have any say over them, because the MTA is a state agency. 

Unless Govs.Cuomo & Murphy decide this needs to happen and push a change through, it will be legally impossible to sail from/to any port in the tristate. So far, cruises have been way way way down the priority list. It’s unlikely either state is willing to take a risk before several months of cruises take place from American ports outside of the region. 

1 hour ago, WonderMan3 said:

From your heart to God's ears! 🤞

The Mexican Riviera out of San Pedro...possibly....Those RCI itineraries that were recently released are booking up nicely.

I booked a 7 night for Jan 2022 and am excited to sail out of my home port again !!

Some change to Equinox for most of Aug/Sept/October is certain with the 9-12 night cruises. If they opened up a ton of 7 night Caribbean routes I could see them losing a lot of guests from the SXM cruises. Or maybe it’s an easy way to control the numbers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Some change to Equinox for most of Aug/Sept/October is certain with the 9-12 night cruises. If they opened up a ton of 7 night Caribbean routes I could see them losing a lot of guests from the SXM cruises. Or maybe it’s an easy way to control the numbers. 

If I might ask, what are SXM cruises? 

Update: Ahhh, SXM is the code for San Maarten airport.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

I'm hoping they will provide some clarity on whether the Infinity itineraries in summer in the Med are going to be a go.... or possibly a go "with modifications"?

Some say that only 7-day itineraries are being allowed, but my two BTB in August are both longer (and not departing from Athens).

17 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Some say that only 7-day itineraries are being allowed, but my two BTB in August are both longer (and not departing from Athens).

7 days is a CDC rule so has no effect on European and British sailings

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

I'm hoping they will provide some clarity on whether the Infinity itineraries in summer in the Med are going to be a go.... or possibly a go "with modifications"?

Waiting for same information

At the very end of last week's call, Celebrity HINTED that they MAY be discussing new sailings this summer to "places where there are lots of animals" - I took the hint to mean Galapagos.  HOWEVER, a lot has happened since that call so maybe it will be Galapagos and what ever they decide to do about sailing from the US for the summer.  They also mentioned that Alaska was something they were hoping for but not optimistic about because of the Canada closure to cruise ships.  Technical stop in Canada did not seem to be something that would satisfy the foreign port issue - my words, not theirs; again just hints.  They did say that Edge would probably be the ship they would start with for US sailings.  Others above have mentioned NY, TX, however, the port for Celebrity US sailings was not mentioned but would most likely start with FL - IMHO - at least for Celebrity.  NCL, Royal or others may start in other states.  Will see that they discuss at 4:15 today since everything at the moment is just speculation. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, groryjm said:

7 days is a CDC rule so has no effect on European and British sailings

And yet all of the newly announced Edge itineraries are 7 days. 

Also there is a poster from the EU who has said the agreement should be no BTBs. 

I've heard nothing from Celebrity on either count, so just holding my breath for now...

2 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

The call is today at 4:15pm EDT. Something may pop up early on social media or the Celebrity PR site. 

Very interested as we have bookings on both the 8/7 Millennium and 8/15 Equinox. Final payment is due on the Millennium on Saturday. 

54 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

And yet all of the newly announced Edge itineraries are 7 days. 

Also there is a poster from the EU who has said the agreement should be no BTBs. 

I've heard nothing from Celebrity on either count, so just holding my breath for now...

Just as a side note, we have a B2B2B booked on the Edge scheduled to sail from Ft Lauderdale starting July 24th, with the 3rd leg being directly booked through Celebrity yesterday and all 3 cruises being successfully hooked together. So our fingers are definitely crossed that we will actually be able to sail on all 3 B2B2B legs.

Some clarification on vaccines. The 95% vaccinated passenger rule was intended to allow for unvaccinated minors. Celebrity will monitor bookings and if the <18yr old number reaches 5% they will cap bookings for those under 18. 

Edited by Jeremiah1212
  • Thanks 1