Hal Blog New Rotterdam Update

aliaschief

Thanks for the post, Chief!  Where is the new Half Moon Bar located on the ship, if you know?  

I remain disappointed in the "whale bone design decor" of the MDR.  Such worked for one of the Celebrity classes of ships.  But, the same designer of that room seemed to me to be unable to devise a different decor concept.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Thanks for the post, Chief!  Where is the new Half Moon Bar located on the ship, if you know?  

Maybe located across from Club Orange in what used to be the the Blend Wine area I rarely saw being used. They mentioned on their videos the other day.

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Maybe located across from Club Orange in what used to be the the Blend Wine area I rarely saw being used. They mentioned on their videos the other day.

Thanks for the information as to its possible location.  The Blend Wine Bar area was a concept that was original and in good competition with the Riedel Wine Experience offered on some of the Celebrity ships.  

If your thought as to the location of the Half Moon Bar is accurate, why would I find that as an attractive location to have HH?  I don't recall that Blend Wine Bar area to be particularly "special" as to its location.  

Maybe another example of what will be a very underused area opposite the Wajang Theater on the R Class ships?

17 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Thanks for the information as to its possible location.  The Blend Wine Bar area was a concept that was original and in good competition with the Riedel Wine Experience offered on some of the Celebrity ships.  

If your thought as to the location of the Half Moon Bar is accurate, why would I find that as an attractive location to have HH?  I don't recall that Blend Wine Bar area to be particularly "special" as to its location.  

Maybe another example of what will be a very underused area opposite the Wajang Theater on the R Class ships?

Intention maybe to grab a drink before dinner. Trying to remember the ship that had a bar on the entrance to Pinnacle Grill. Was it Maasdam or Oosterdam?

Our favorite quite getaway for pre dinner drinks on Pinnacle Class is Tamarind Bar. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

Trying to remember the ship that had a bar on the entrance to Pinnacle Grill. Was it Maasdam or Oosterdam?

There was a Pinnacle Bar across from the entrance to the Pinnacle Grill on some of the ships.  The S Class ships were not among those.  Never on the Oosterdam, but I am thinking that the Westerdam had such a venue as well as those vessels that followed?  

I remember that that Bar was a rather quiet one.  

37 minutes ago, oakridger said:

https://www.cruisemapper.com/deckplans/ms-Oosterdam-652/deck02-700

There is a Pinnacle Bar on Oosterdam and Noordam.  I've spent some quality time there!

~Nancy

Loved the Pinnacle Bar on Vistas but there was a bar on the entryway left  to the entrance into the Pinnacle Grill. What ship?

16 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

A favorite watering hole but there was a ship that had a bar on the entryway to the Pinnacle Grill. 

It was the Oosterdam. I remember mom and I having a lovely glass of wine before in dinner at the Pinnacle. It was just past the host stand on the left. It was later removed and replaced with more dining tables. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

It was the Oosterdam. I remember mom and I having a lovely glass of wine before in dinner at the Pinnacle. It was just past the host stand on the left. It was later removed and replaced with more dining tables. 

Bingo! Yes! It was our second cruise in 2007. It was not there on future Oosterdam cruises. Thanks for jogging my memory!👏🏻

16 hours ago, rkacruiser said:If your thought as to the location of the Half Moon Bar is accurate, why would I find that as an attractive location to have HH?  I don't recall that Blend Wine Bar area to be particularly "special" as to its location.  

I think it’s purpose is meant to serve those dining in Culb Orange to have a drink while waiting for their table, and possibly also to serve as a craft cocktail bar with a mixologist serving specialty hand crafted cocktails similar to the World Class Bar on the Celebrity Solstice Class vessels or Good Spirits Bar on Princess Royal Class Vessels

52 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

I think it’s purpose is meant to serve those dining in Culb Orange to have a drink while waiting for their table, and possibly also to serve as a craft cocktail bar with a mixologist serving specialty hand crafted cocktails similar to the World Class Bar on the Celebrity Solstice Class vessels or Good Spirits Bar on Princess Royal Class Vessels

Could be. The signature ships already a Good Spirits Bar called Notes which is located in the Music Walk area of ship.

17 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Could be. The signature ships already a Good Spirits Bar called Notes which is located in the Music Walk area of ship.

I thought Notes was a bourbon/whisky/scotch specialty tasting bar, which would be different from craft cocktails

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/onboard-activities/bars-lounges/notes.html

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72