Lack of excursion options for Nassau/Adventure

I don’t think we know for sure about non Royal excursions. We should have a good idea in about 10 days. That is when the details for those sailing on June 12th will be released. For now the assumption is no, you won’t be able to get off the ship unless you are on one of the cruise excursions. 

52 minutes ago, Docbizarro said:

Anyone else noticing there’s not many excursion options for the Nassau adventure sailings? Does anyone know if royal will allow non royal excursions?

Noticed as well. We aren’t going till mid July. Hoping RCCL will take Norwegians stance. Probably up to each port also. We are booking  Mr Sanchos in Cozumel just in case otherwise we probably will just stay on the ship

1 hour ago, Docbizarro said:

Anyone else noticing there’s not many excursion options for the Nassau adventure sailings?

I expect they will be in a constant process of adding more excursions throughout the sailing season out of Nassau.  Keep in mind they haven't ported in Cozumel and Freeport with passengers in more than a year, and they also have to qualify the operators for new COVID protocols.

• Thanks 1

Keep in mind the tourism industry in The Bahamas has been all but shut down the past year with no arriving cruises. Even the businesses around the port catering to tourists have not been open in quite some time according to many reports. So there's certainly going to be a startup period for businesses to begin operating again, and it's not going to happen overnight as it will take time for the demand to increase too.

4 minutes ago, jdg623 said:

The only time I plan to get off the ship on our August sailing, other than CocoCay beach days, is to restock on Mexican vanilla 😂

But if we are required to take ship excursions in these ports are we going to be able to get off and roam the port area?

12 hours ago, dswallow said:

Keep in mind the tourism industry in The Bahamas has been all but shut down the past year with no arriving cruises. Even the businesses around the port catering to tourists have not been open in quite some time according to many reports. So there's certainly going to be a startup period for businesses to begin operating again, and it's not going to happen overnight as it will take time for the demand to increase too.

Hopefully there will be hair braiding 

3 minutes ago, jdg623 said:

I'm hoping restrictions will have eased a bit by the time we go in August. Otherwise I might have to book an excursion just to get my vanilla  🤪

Me Too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mauraoel said:

But if we are required to take ship excursions in these ports are we going to be able to get off and roam the port area?

I don't think it's yet officially announced that you can only get off the ship for an RC excursion, but that's the assumption for now.

4 minutes ago, ATC cruiser said:

We are frugal buyers and go to Mega Store in downtown - we buy what the locals use. Think of a Super Walmart with food, clothing, pharmacy, grocery store, home furnishings on 2 floors. I have to remember to bring my own plastic bags as they don't supply any.

http://www.ourcozumel.com/index.php?action=listingview&listingID=20

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mauraoel said:

unknown at this time.    I am sure the ports what your business as much as you want to wonder and/or shop   

I’ve been wondering about this from an economic perspective. Ships used to be in most ports 3-5 days a week. But now they may get a max of 2 days a week. Is that even possible for them? Will cruise lines subsidize? (They don’t have the $ to do that) do those place have the $ to restart? Do they have the staff? (I know service industry is taking a while to rebound with many restaurants having fewer hours because they are short staffed). It’s going to get there, eventually. But it may take some more time.

11 hours ago, jdg623 said:

The only time I plan to get off the ship on our August sailing, other than CocoCay beach days, is to restock on Mexican vanilla 😂

We are thinking the same (minus the vanilla, lol). We may get off in Cozumel since we’ve never been, but waiting to decide