MSC Virtuosa December 2021 UAE or SAUDI

Angelsnow

Could anyone confirm if Virtuosa is in UAE or Saudi in December 2021 as there is conflicting information available on the Global & UK websites.

https://www.mscbook.com/shop/NewsLandingPage?prop=B0C70EDE-F8A9-4468-84BE-B4886129F272&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&storeId=10254&newsTitle=MSC-Cruises-bring-its-ships-to-Saudi-Arabian-waters

image.thumb.png.0725ef380756dccafdcdb6490e038f69.png

The UAE Cruise has a few embarkation points ie Doha & Dubai. The itinerary does not include Saudi Arabia. The question was “ is the ship cruising from UAE or is the ship cruising from Saudi? “   The two reports conflict where the ship will be based this winter.

17 minutes ago, Angelsnow said:

The UAE Cruise has a few embarkation points ie Doha & Dubai. The itinerary does not include Saudi Arabia. The question was “ is the ship cruising from UAE or is the ship cruising from Saudi? “   The two reports conflict where the ship will be based this winter.

From what you have posted it looks like Virtuosa itinerary will include Saudi Arabia, but sail from Dubai and Doha.

'MSC Virtuosa will call at this new exciting destination every week from December 2021 to March 2022.'

According to the article Magnifica will be based in Saudi Arabia.

• 2 months later...
On 5/9/2021 at 2:23 PM, Dunk said:

I'm on the December 4th cruise. Has anybody been to Dammam before? I'm not at all familiar with it. 

Are you still booked on Virtuosa 04DEC2021?
I remain a bit skeptical that Saudi Arabia will actually permit the port call.
I'm also curious if tourist visas will be required or arranged. I emailed their Embassy in Ottawa and got a simple "no tourists right now" reply....

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, brettomatic said:

Are you still booked on Virtuosa 04DEC2021?
I remain a bit skeptical that Saudi Arabia will actually permit the port call.
I'm also curious if tourist visas will be required or arranged. I emailed their Embassy in Ottawa and got a simple "no tourists right now" reply....

Yes, still booked on this cruise. 

On the same itinerary on December 25th. Curious enough they just signed a deal with the Saudis and Bellissima will start cruises from Jeddah in just a couple of days time. Waiting to see if they allow people outside of Saudi Arabia. 

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/25569-msc-signs-five-year-deal-with-cruise-saudi.html

30 minutes ago, Liviucostin said:

On the same itinerary on December 25th. Curious enough they just signed a deal with the Saudis and Bellissima will start cruises from Jeddah in just a couple of days time. Waiting to see if they allow people outside of Saudi Arabia. 

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/25569-msc-signs-five-year-deal-with-cruise-saudi.html

Interesting 🤔 No mention of Magnifica. We are booked on Magnifica, for a fly/cruise direct to Jeddah in November, taking in Egypt and Jordan. She was due to be stretched and re-furbed, but that was delayed due to the pandemic. Wondering if we’ll have a change onto Bellissima 🤔

• Like 1