Steakhouse Reservations

Elsisi

I'm booked on the March 3, 2022, Sailabration cruise on the Glory. I have never eaten in the Steakhouse on any of my cruises, but I want to this time because: a) my sister-in-law will be with me as we celebrate our 50th birthdays along with Carnival; and 2) March 11, 2022, will be the 2 year anniversary of my cancer diagnosis and I want to celebrate how far I've come.  I'm not able to make a Steakhouse reservation in my Cruise Manager.  Does anyone know how soon before sailing they open up reservations?

1 hour ago, Elsisi said:

I'm booked on the March 3, 2022, Sailabration cruise on the Glory. I have never eaten in the Steakhouse on any of my cruises, but I want to this time because: a) my sister-in-law will be with me as we celebrate our 50th birthdays along with Carnival; and 2) March 11, 2022, will be the 2 year anniversary of my cancer diagnosis and I want to celebrate how far I've come.  I'm not able to make a Steakhouse reservation in my Cruise Manager.  Does anyone know how soon before sailing they open up reservations?

Congrats, to you and sister in law on your 50th birthdays, and your cancer progress. Glory is our favorite ship and we will be celebrating my wife’s birthday and also her recovery from cancer. August is our cruise month, hope this cruise does happen for my wife. As for the steakhouse, I think when the cruise startup date is announced you will see resevations on the website. For now don’t worry, we make reservations when we are on board. Never had any problem getting a reservation.

• Like 1

we always eat at the Steakhouse once on every cruise. food is amazing and the whole experience is well worth the money, we have been to the Steakhouse on 4 or 5 ships, but several times on some of them. our favorite is the Pride and David's Steakhouse. 

Elsisi congratulations on the milestones.

Steakhouse reservations aren't available on my Sailabration cruise on the Breeze.  I agree with skrufy.  If they don't offer pre-sales you shouldn't have any trouble reserving once you are on the ship.

50 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

Elsisi congratulations on the milestones.

Steakhouse reservations aren't available on my Sailabration cruise on the Breeze.  I agree with skrufy.  If they don't offer pre-sales you shouldn't have any trouble reserving once you are on the ship.

Got curious and checked our future cruises. August and December show reservations available on the website but our February sailabration does not show on website. The reservations  box on the website shows  but there are no restaurants on the site. Could be no 2022 cruises are allowing early reservations.

2 hours ago, skrufy said:

Got curious and checked our future cruises. August and December show reservations available on the website but our February sailabration does not show on website. The reservations  box on the website shows  but there are no restaurants on the site. Could be no 2022 cruises are allowing early reservations.

I originally thought it could be that the Sailabration cruises were different because of the throwback activities they promoted.

However I also have a May 2022 cruise booked.  I just checked and no specialty reservations are available on it either.

4 hours ago, volfan22701 said:

we always eat at the Steakhouse once on every cruise. food is amazing and the whole experience is well worth the money, we have been to the Steakhouse on 4 or 5 ships, but several times on some of them. our favorite is the Pride and David's Steakhouse. 

The spiral staircase up to the David sculpture, and the glimpses you see of David as you approach, is my favorite entrance to a Carnival Steakhouse.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

The spiral staircase up to the David sculpture, and the glimpses you see of David as you approach, is my favorite entrance to a Carnival Steakhouse.

David's was our first Steakhouse (Supper Club then) experience. After that, we were hooked - with well over 100 nights now and counting. We have not had dinner in the MDR in several years. We learned early on not to try and eat everything, as tempting as it is sometimes!

I do miss the table cloths/settings, and live music from the Supper Club days.

Tom

32 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

David's was our first Steakhouse (Supper Club then) experience. After that, we were hooked - with well over 100 nights now and counting. We have not had dinner in the MDR in several years. We learned early on not to try and eat everything, as tempting as it is sometimes!

I do miss the table cloths/settings, and live music from the Supper Club days.

Tom

On Horizon, the steakhouse is adjacent to the piano bar, and they can open a divider up  I don't recall any naked statues, though.

17 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

On Horizon, the steakhouse is adjacent to the piano bar, and they can open a divider up  I don't recall any naked statues, though.

Poor placement (of the Steakhouse) on the Breeze - after we enjoyed a wonderful meal and exited, we immediately had to navigate through a long line waiting to get in the comedy club...

i-4BBgxMk-L.jpg

Tom

41 minutes ago, DANCING GRANDMOMMY said:

Keep in mind, that if you make reservations for the first night of the cruise you will receive a free bottle of wine of their choosing, or 50% off a bottle of your choice.

That second part is the real savings potential. In the past, on the first night, we'll usually purchase 3-4 bottles (to enjoy on other nights in there during the cruise). Many times the bottles end up being less than (or at least equal to) what you'd pay on land. I hope that such an option still exists when they resume sailing.

Tom

• Like 2

So If I want to make a reservation for dinner through my My Booking, I have to pay in advance?

Can you not email the Steakhouse ( and other restaurants) direct anymore and make reservations that way?

Edited by thesmiths

54 minutes ago, thesmiths said:

So If I want to make a reservation for dinner through my My Booking, I have to pay in advance?

Can you not email the Steakhouse ( and other restaurants) direct anymore and make reservations that way?

Yep - that's what I recently discovered (pay ahead to book online). I would have tried to email the ship as I usually do - but A) I'm sure many ships don't have a steakhouse manager checking emails for reservation requests and, B) I've no idea what the ship code is for the Mardi Gras in order to send them an email !!

Tom

5 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

That second part is the real savings potential. In the past, on the first night, we'll usually purchase 3-4 bottles (to enjoy on other nights in there during the cruise). Many times the bottles end up being less than (or at least equal to) what you'd pay on land. I hope that such an option still exists when they resume sailing.

Tom

They try to limit to only one bottle last time I was in the steakhouse.

1 minute ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Thanks

If that's the case, I'll need to go high - spend more to save more !!

Tom

If not champagne on a beer budget, Red From Pub might still do half price cases of beer the first day.

10 hours ago, DANCING GRANDMOMMY said:

Or purchase Cheers and have all you want.

Decisions, decisions (I guess Cheers doesn't cover Dom Perignon - our first night bottle.. darn traditions!)

Tom

• Haha 1