Cruising May be Close to Restarting Again... Is it time?

MishelleMcc

The CDC is requesting Cruise Lines submit "Phase 2A port agreements as soon as possible to maintain the timeline of passenger voyages by mid-July" (https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2021/04/28/cdc-cruises-could-restart-july/4883450001/)

I know it's been a LONG year and we all NEED a cruise!  But are we ready? 

To start a meaningful dialog, I have a few questions:

If / when cruising resumes,

What personal safety measures should we individually take? (vaccines, masks, wipes, OTHER?)

What safety measures should the Cruise industry take? (Social distancing in public venues, masks, COVID-19 rapid tests, crew and pax vaccine requirements, HEPA air filtration systems, Pre-cruise quarantine, OTHER?

What should happen if there are positive COVID-19 cases while on board?

What should happen if certain scheduled ports become "infection hot spots" What would the criteria be for that designation and who would be in-charge / responsible for these decisions and what would the cruise line responsibility be?

Are the COVID-19 Variants a growing concern against the decision to cruise?

Should "trip Insurance" be required or provided by the cruise line as a matter of "doing business"

What still needs to be asked and/or considered?

My DW & I have a Cruise booked with Princess for Jan 16, 2022. (15 night, Ruby Princess out of SFO RT to Hawaii)  We are fully vaccinated and practice all the safe self-protections.  We feel pretty confident that we can cruise safely.  But is the industry ready?  Are YOU ready?  Do you have an upcoming cruise?

Just asking for constructive feedback and ideas.  Thank you!!  Mishelle & Sue

Cruising restarting very soon from the U.K., albeit cruises with few ports or none at all.  Princess, RCCL, Cunard, Disney, P&O, Fred Olsen and MSC all have ships sailing this summer.   
MSC and Costa are restarting the med.  

booked for August and it’s lovely to finally have a cruise to look forward to again. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, welshy74 said:

Cruising restarting very soon from the U.K., albeit cruises with few ports or none at all.  Princess, RCCL, Cunard, Disney, P&O, Fred Olsen and MSC all have ships sailing this summer.   
MSC and Costa are restarting the med.  

booked for August and it’s lovely to finally have a cruise to look forward to again. 

Sounds delightful!!!  We are SOOO ready to cruise again!!!  Have a wonderful trip!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/6/2021 at 10:36 AM, MishelleMcc said:

Sounds delightful!!!  We are SOOO ready to cruise again!!!  Have a wonderful trip!!

So am I.  I went ahead and booked Alaska since it seems pretty promising, but still know it can get cancelled in the back of my mind.  I guess the key is to not get overly excited until the last minute.

• Like 1