Parents Rejoice: children ARE allowed to cruise out of the US this summer!

11 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

The number of people that have legit medical exemptions is a trivial amount of people to begin with. And if you have a medical condition that prevents you from getting a covid vaccine, you likely aren't cruising anyway.

I agree.   

It one has a medical condition, which prevents them from getting the vaccine, and they have other comorbidities, cruising in the current environment isn’t a good idea IMO.

Interesting though.  The recent CDC guidance for test cruises allows for non-vaccinated volunteers if they are not in a high risk category for severe CV-19. 

“If not fully vaccinated, written documentation from a healthcare provider or self-certified statement that the volunteer passenger has no medical conditions that would place the volunteer at high risk for severe COVID-19 as determined through CDC guidance.”

16 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

We've done many cruises from Baltimore on Grandeur and Enchantment.  We've rarely seen more than a dozen children, if that, or maybe 20 or so before Christmas.  RC in Florida might be a "family cruise line", but it's more of an "active seniors community" in our experience.

In Texas.....100's  Cruises are very big with Quincinerias. A latino family might take 30 or 40 kids on a cruise to celebrate their daughter's 16th Bday.

12 minutes ago, atgood said:

I agree.   

It one has a medical condition, which prevents them from getting the vaccine, and they have other comorbidities, cruising in the current environment isn’t a good idea IMO.

Interesting though.  The recent CDC guidance for test cruises allows for non-vaccinated volunteers if they are not in a high risk category for severe CV-19. 

“If not fully vaccinated, written documentation from a healthcare provider or self-certified statement that the volunteer passenger has no medical conditions that would place the volunteer at high risk for severe COVID-19 as determined through CDC guidance.”

Well, that's practically everybody...since anyone over the age of 65 is considered at risk.  That fact will never deter us.

4 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

Same for south FL ports/

If they have vaccines available for the 12 to 15 year range which Canada has approved yesterday (US should be soon) then Royal will most likely move the vaccine requirement to 12 so this won’t be a problem except for those that won’t get the vaccines.

Yep, that's already been talked about on the news, it WILL happen and for even younger kids...and those who don't want the vaccine, why is anybodies guess!, will just have to go someplace else. too bad so sad, but no skin off my nose.  I'm hoping that does happen, it will make my try for a free upgrade that much more likely.

50 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

In Texas.....100's  Cruises are very big with Quincinerias. A latino family might take 30 or 40 kids on a cruise to celebrate their daughter's 16th Bday.

It's actually the 15th birthday, but get your point.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

😳😳 I barely want to take my own kids. Is there anywhere I can donate to the parents drink package? 😂

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

We've done many cruises from Baltimore on Grandeur and Enchantment.  We've rarely seen more than a dozen children, if that, or maybe 20 or so before Christmas.  RC in Florida might be a "family cruise line", but it's more of an "active seniors community" in our experience.

We sailed on Grandeur Christmas New year cruises and had up to 600 kids 0-18 on each.

I've had a family vacation blowout trip on the Symphony out of Florida booked since mid-2019. There were several times that I've considered cancelling. It's starting to look like there's a 90% chance its going to happen!

• Like 1

Lets get back to talking about being excited for cruising to return and right now, those polite maple leaf 12 to 15 yo kids can cruise. With any luck the 12-15 yo American kids can and by fall the 2-12 yo will be approved for the vaccine as well. Leaving the 5% for the little kids to come along. 💃

• Like 1

8 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

No they haven’t, not even close 

Yes, they have with the return in phases with requirements.  A matter of time.  I don't know where you've been the last 2 weeks, but if you want to look at it that way, your perogative.  I look at it from another standpoint entirely, AS IS MY RIGHT. 😝

1 minute ago, BecciBoo said:

Yes, they have with the return in phases with requirements.  A matter of time.  I don't know where you've been the last 2 weeks, but if you want to look at it that way, your perogative.  I look at it from another standpoint entirely, AS IS MY RIGHT. 😝

Yes you do have the right to look at it in your own way, I don't understand the need to yell at me, but that.s OK.

The fact remains that cruise line CEOs have stated that the requirements laid out in the last 2 weeks are unworkable, that's a fact; but you view it from your standpoint.

The Requirements laid out say "do this, and this, and that; and then we (CDC) will let you know what's next sometime later".  That is not "giving permission".

Have a nice Friday

Just now, not-enough-cruising said:

Yes you do have the right to look at it in your own way, I don't understand the need to yell at me, but that.s OK.

The fact remains that cruise line CEOs have stated that the requirements laid out in the last 2 weeks are unworkable, that's a fact; but you view it from your standpoint.

The Requirements laid out say "do this, and this, and that; and then we (CDC) will let you know what's next sometime later".  That is not "giving permission".

Have a nice Friday

Sources and quotes, I've seen nothing like that from Fain.  And it wasn't yelling, it was enphasizing, but you look at it your way.....so sorry to aggrevate you.

7 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i27I6NVZrfc

I think I put way more confidence in his info than yours.  And you have a great day too.

Do you realize this video was posted a week ago, before the return protocols were published?  Even this source is now saying it's a near impossible task, as it is written.

• Like 1

Has RCCL made any statements about how they plan to handle these scenarios?

1) Family with adults vaccinated and kids not show up to debarkation and atleast 1 kid tests positive? Full refund or would RCI cruise insurance apply?

2) Family with adults & kids vaccinated show up to debarkation port, does anyone need to take a test at the port?

Also isn't anyone concerned that with the 100% of vaccinated adults not being tested and the possible 5% of kids on each ship, it is *possible* anyone on that ship could get COVID-19 and therefor not be able to travel home post cruise?  Or did I miss a communication and maybe airlines/countries are not 'testing' vaccinated international passengers?

Kyle