Parents Rejoice: children ARE allowed to cruise out of the US this summer!

Just now, ace2542 said:

Maybe? I am not a virus expert am I? But I can imagine the possibility of more than 1 variant being present on a ship at the same time. Surely they could mix and mutate into something new?

Like a lion and tiger mating?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

Maybe because the possibility of a new Covid variant being created on a cruise ship if infected passengers from different parts of the country or even world where to mingle? Would such a mingling create a new variant which could then be spread around the ship and the USA?

There might be a lot of shacking up on a cruise ship, but that's not how it works for viruses.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm looking forward to seeing the Liger Tamer at the circus next visit.

I, however, am not looking forward to a possible zosterona infection in the future..... for those who don't get it, that would be a Herpes zoster-corona mating.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Haven't they found double variant cases though?

No. They just found a variant and gave it a very inaccurate name.  But again that's not how viruses reproduce.

Edited by smokeybandit
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

There might be a lot of shacking up on a cruise ship, but that's not how it works for viruses.

Speaking of-has the CDC issued recommendations to single cruisers on approaching other unaffiliated singles for dancing or romance in the age of social distancing?😎

Asking for a friend

4 hours ago, Stallion said:

Speaking of-has the CDC issued recommendations to single cruisers on approaching other unaffiliated singles for dancing or romance in the age of social distancing?😎

Asking for a friend

No Dancing but Horizontal Bop is allowed, long as both are wearing Masks

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Stallion said:

Asking for a friend

I don't know but on the Cunard board a lot of solo travellers are taking the knock to the fact they will be their own bubble no shared tables that sort of thing. And they really don't like that idea.

Edited by ace2542

11 hours ago, Stallion said:

Asking for a friend

Delete this post. You don't want to give the CDC any ideas.

18 hours ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

An un-vaccinated 17 year old who works in the public and goes to in-person high school poses a far higher risk to others than an in-vaccinated 40 year old who works from home and has groceries delivered. 

To others? What do you mean? A 17 year old spread the virus different than a 40 year old?

(and 17 year olds generally don't die or even get sick from Covid)

4 hours ago, exm said:

To others? What do you mean? A 17 year old spread the virus different than a 40 year old?

(and 17 year olds generally don't die or even get sick from Covid)

Let's not forget, the scenario involved a 40 year old working from home and getting groceries delivered.

The 17 year old works in the public and attends in person learning in school. Also, very importantly, as you said, "17  year olds generally don't die or even get sick from Covid". That there alone is one of the reasons why this virus spreads and the 17 year old has no idea he is spreading the virus if he is infectious without symptoms.

My deduction is the 17 year old is more of a risk to the community for spread of this virus than the 40 year old.

Just my opinion, of course.

Edited by coffeebean
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

An un-vaccinated 17 year old who works in the public and goes to in-person high school poses a far higher risk to others than an in-vaccinated 40 year old who works from home and has groceries delivered. 

That’s way too specific of a situation to be relevant. Cruise lines aren’t going to go through peoples day to day lives to decide who can sail. I’m not saying that the 5% will go towards children sailing but I think it’s a ton more likely then it being for adults who either choose not to get vaccinated or can’t for medical reasons. It makes far more sense from both a financial and liability standpoint. 

23 minutes ago, CruiseBride926 said:

I think it’s a ton more likely then it being for adults who either choose not to get vaccinated or can’t for medical reasons. It makes far more sense from both a financial and liability standpoint. 

I sure hope you're right.

30 minutes ago, CruiseBride926 said:

That’s way too specific of a situation to be relevant. Cruise lines aren’t going to go through peoples day to day lives to decide who can sail. I’m not saying that the 5% will go towards children sailing but I think it’s a ton more likely then it being for adults who either choose not to get vaccinated or can’t for medical reasons. It makes far more sense from both a financial and liability standpoint. 

Is there a legitimate medical reason that someone can’t take one of the vaccines?  I I understand someone my be allergic to one,  but since the mRNA and J&J are different technologies, hard to believe someone could be allergic to both.

1 hour ago, coffeebean said:

Let's not forget, the scenario involved a 40 year old working from home and getting groceries delivered.

The 17 year old works in the public and attends in person learning in school. Also, very importantly, as you said, "17  year olds generally don't die or even get sick from Covid". That there alone is one of the reasons why this virus spreads and the 17 year old has no idea he is spreading the virus if he is infectious without symptoms.

My deduction is the 17 year old is more of a risk to the community for spread of this virus than the 40 year old.

Just my opinion, of course.

My daughter's school district just gave the Pfizer vaccine to any students 16 or older

• Like 2