Decided cruising is going to start so booked 16 cruises

We have 1 booked, but need to book a couple more so we don’t lose any fcc. Would like to book more, but limited by vacation time. Enjoy all the cruises. 🥂

Edited by ReneeFLL

5 hours ago, Karter said:

After watching all the news reports and having a gut feel that cruising will finally restart I decided it was time to start booking cruises again after having 11 cruises canceled due to Covid. Most of them I lifted and shifted but a few of them because I didn't keep up I received the 125% certificates. I called my travel agent and booked 16 cruises over the next 12 months starting in September not including the lifted and shifted cruises.

Is anybody else starting to book cruises for the next year beacuse feel that they will really go?

No. The travel restrictions/costs and requirements are ridiculous for many of the islands and cruising in general. It is as if the vaccine doesn't mean anything. Just look it all up- this is not a vacation by any means which is why destinations with more freedom are booked up. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Karter said:

After watching all the news reports and having a gut feel that cruising will finally restart I decided it was time to start booking cruises again after having 11 cruises canceled due to Covid. Most of them I lifted and shifted but a few of them because I didn't keep up I received the 125% certificates. I called my travel agent and booked 16 cruises over the next 12 months starting in September not including the lifted and shifted cruises.

Is anybody else starting to book cruises for the next year beacuse feel that they will really go?

Yep.  I'll read this thread after I agree with you.......................... I want to reach Pinnacle next year and booked 6 RCCL, plus one Princess out of San Pedro for son #1's birthday.  October this year to early May next year.

6 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

No because to think that cruising as we knew it will return in 2021 is delusional.However,if you have the money to book so many cruises it obviously does not mean anything to you.

I don't expect cruising to return as we knew it, but the alternative is perfectly acceptable to me for the time being.  I've been social distancing, mask wearing, and vaccinated, so it's pretty much life as usual except IT'S A CRUISE!!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I wish I had so much money.

I am not one to say what the definition of "so much money is", but my net out-of-pocket for my 7 cruises I have booked is a little over $6,000.  

Somewhere in the bowels of CruiseCritic is a thread where I described my fuzzy math, but it's not really fuzzy.  

I'm booked in a mix of ocean view, virtual balcony, and junior suite cabins.  Just gotta do the research.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Karter said:

With all the restrictions, that's a big waste of money.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pcur said:

I am not one to say what the definition of "so much money is", but my net out-of-pocket for my 7 cruises I have booked is a little over $6,000.  

Somewhere in the bowels of CruiseCritic is a thread where I described my fuzzy math, but it's not really fuzzy.  

I'm booked in a mix of ocean view, virtual balcony, and junior suite cabins.  Just gotta do the research.

I think , you posted your fuzzy math on the thread

“ Welcome to Tightwad Cruising —— What Do You Do ? “.  Your fuzzy math , I believe is that you subtract your daily living expenses , if you had remained at home  , from the cost of your cruise .   Don’t ask why I remember that ? 

Edited by NHProud

5 hours ago, Sky616 said:

With all the restrictions, that's a big waste of money.

To you maybe, but they are spending it to cruise and that makes them happy. You only live once so why not enjoy life while you can?

• Like 4

6 hours ago, pcur said:

Are all 6 seven day cruises? I think I did pretty good but no JS booked and the last one if I do it on oasis is over 2k by itself which throws my average cost off. 

Maybe out of pocket means something else in your fuzzy math or some shorter cruises. I had a bunch of great deals but they slowly are being cancelled. Couldnt lift and shift my great deal for april I just lost without cancelling something else. 

Congrats on what must be some great deals.

37 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Are all 6 seven day cruises? I think I did pretty good but no JS booked and the last one if I do it on oasis is over 2k by itself which throws my average cost off. 

Maybe out of pocket means something else in your fuzzy math or some shorter cruises. I had a bunch of great deals but they slowly are being cancelled. Couldnt lift and shift my great deal for april I just lost without cancelling something else. 

Congrats on what must be some great deals.

Why did you lose the great deal in April, didn't they allow you to L& S it again to next year?

33 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Why did you lose the great deal in April, didn't they allow you to L& S it again to next year?

As it says in what you quoted ... I couldnt lift and shift without cancelling something else.

I have a b2b I could have made a b2b2b but dont feel I can be gone 3 weeks. To make it b2b I'd have to give up a corner aft my ta went to extra trouble to secure for me. Not as cheap as the hump I lost but I'd like to do the corner aft and decided it was worth the extra. 

My parents are elderly i shop for and I don't like leaving my house too long. Dont want thieves to notice I'm gone. 3 weeks just feels like I'm pushing it too much. Maybe some day.

The hump I lost was the cheapest balcony I ever booked that I remember, 887 including taxes and fees. Hurt like heck to not keep it. ..it was it or the corner aft, one had to go. If I could have figured a way to do it I would have. 

• Like 1

We didn’t take refunds on the cancellations, we lifted and shifted or just rebooked.  We did our normal future bookings at the same time, so we will be taking our usual amount of cruises plus the “make up cruises” for the first year.  It will be a fun year of double cruising, once we finally get started on it 🙄

51 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

My march/april 2022 b2b was originally allure. Rcl hit us without warning with the swap to liberty. At first my TA said he would do it the next day, but then got on the phone to swap out my D2 with a D4 for the first leg to get me that aft is why I said he went to extra trouble. He went above and beyond for the allure to liberty swap. 

If I lifted my hump from this april it missed by 1 day being able to replace the 2nd leg, blah blah. I tried my best to find a way to save the deal. Only so many I can do. If the OP added 16, ..too many for me.

13 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I wish I had so much money.

I wish I had the vacation time off to waste on cruise just starting out.  I have to at least wait until they start sailing from Florida or NY. I'm not going to speculate when that will happen  or what itineraries or ships will sail or not sail. I can't afford to request vacation time only to be canceled.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lovelife said:

We have 26 booked -- I'm returning to cruising with a vengeance!! 🤩

Are you Mario! 🤣 Or do you live onboard like Mario does or something? Are you trying to catch up him. From that upcoming travel it looks like you will be onboard most of the year.

13 hours ago, Ashland said:

No way.....Mario would have many many more booked than that :classic_wink:

Or maybe Mario only going a year in advance now. Seems like he has a pursuer in this guy "lovelife"

Edited by ace2542