CDC-update May 5th

Tjcalley

2 hours ago, bamaone said:

We'll be the reason everyone gets to cruise, without restrictions

The good Americans who got off their ass and got vaccinated so we can reach herd immunity will be the ones to thank for cruising again WITHOUT restrictions-and cruising WITHOUT restrictions ain't going to happen until the pandemic is gone. Be a part of the earliest possible solution to this mess.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bamaone said:

Whatever. You'll thank the ones who took a stand one day

No, that's where your speaking from an "I'm" perspective again as I (and many others) will NEVER thank people that violate laws/policies by acting like arrogant, entitled brats. Those people should be given citations or even arrested if they push too far.

• Like 4

Just now, embarkation75 said:

No, that's where your speaking from an "I'm" perspective again as I (and many others) will NEVER thank people that violate laws/policies by acting like arrogant, entitled brats. Those people should be given citations or even arrested if they push too far.

Yes you will. When you figure out you've been had. They all do

1 minute ago, bamaone said:

Yes you will. When you figure out you've been had. They all do

Nope, you are flat-out wrong as you don't know how I operate. Until you move away from your "I'm" perspective, then you'll never see how your approach is perceived in a negative fashion until months/years go by with people largely ignoring those taking that approach. Entitled attitudes rarely win in the big picture.

1 minute ago, embarkation75 said:

Nope, you are flat-out wrong as you don't know how I operate. Until you move away from your "I'm" perspective, then you'll never see how your approach is perceived in a negative fashion until months/years go by with people largely ignoring those taking that approach. Entitled attitudes rarely win in the big picture.

Actually it's grown to a "we're perspective". 

And "we" will accept you thanks, gracefully.

17 minutes ago, Stallion said:

The good Americans who got off their ass and got vaccinated so we can reach herd immunity will be the ones to thank for cruising again WITHOUT restrictions-and cruising WITHOUT restrictions ain't going to happen until the pandemic is gone. Be a part of the earliest possible solution to this mess.

The cruise lines are trying to cruise with 95/98 vaccinated - and the CDC still came out with massive restrictions.  This has nothing to do with vaccinations of the general public.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, kleibo said:

The cruise lines are trying to cruise with 95/98 vaccinated - and the CDC still came out with massive restrictions.  This has nothing to do with vaccinations of the general public.

I agree.  Good point

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bamaone said:

Actually it's grown to a "we're perspective". 

And "we" will accept you thanks, gracefully.

It sure looks like that is your orbit of influence but for one that is not the majority approach and you'll never get my thanks for breaking laws/policies. Given your approach I guess one of my neighbors that broke out the windows on his other neighbors truck because it blocked his view, was justified. Fortunately, he was arrested, spent some time in jail, and is getting kicked out of the neighborhood as arrogant, entitled attitudes rarely win.

9 minutes ago, embarkation75 said:

Nope, you are flat-out wrong as you don't know how I operate. 

And I do know how you operate. You post it earlier. You think the restrictions are absurd. That's what you typed. But you refuse to stand up for what you believe and you ridicule anyone who does even though you say they are right. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bamaone said:

Not disagreeing with you at all. But those days are over now. We're done with the restrictions. Everybody knows how to protect themselves if they choose. It's our decision.

those days are not over yet. still in a pandemic and if you think otherwise you sadly are not too bright.

open your eyes to what is happening around the world. volunteer to go help in India.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, bamaone said:

If people don't take a stand against what even you yourself said is absurd, they may as well enjoy living in  the corral just as sheep do. 

"Taking a stand" does not entitle you to disregard a lawful regulation or a policy put in place by a business.  Stand outside that business and let your voice be heard, post a comment or review on the business's website, or contact local authorities if you believe that the policy is not lawful.  Other than that, comply with the policy or don't patronize the business.  We don't get to choose which laws or policies we don't like and act in contravention of them because we disagree with them.  That's what participating in a free society is all about.  We take our freedoms and liberties tempered by laws, rules and regulations that protect all of us.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, embarkation75 said:

Given your approach I guess one of my neighbors that broke out the windows on his other neighbors truck because it blocked his view, was justified. Fortunately, he was arrested, spent some time in jail, and is getting kicked out of the neighborhood as arrogant, entitled attitudes rarely win.

Now you lust babbling silly stuff. No correlation at all 

54 minutes ago, embarkation75 said:

Sadly too many people think it's their constitutional right to violate a business policy just because they don't like the rule. No, people should go elsewhere if they don't like the policy instead of acting like entitled brats that can do whatever, wherever they desire. It's all about freedom supposedly until a businesses freedom to make a policy irritates people, then the 2 year old tantrums begin.

Finally, something I agree with. Concur with this 100%. 

6 minutes ago, kleibo said:

I rest my case. 

You're proving my point. See Restrictions you cite. There will be restrictions until the pandemic is essentially gone. Note the pandemic is also raging world wide at close to its apex. The fact that the cruise lines will only allow cruisers from certain countries or serve certain regions of the world is an additional huge restriction in itself to the general cruising public

24 minutes ago, Stallion said:

so we can reach herd immunity

apparently this may no longer be achievable according to an article in Business Standard.  

Can herd immunity to coronavirus really be achieved?

Virologists have serious doubts whether a nation can indeed achieve the herd immunity, given the waning levels of immunity after vaccination and infection and the likely impact of new variants. The concept of herd immunity is that when a high enough proportion of the population is vaccinated against a disease, or has been infected with a disease and developed antibodies against it, any one infected person will have the opportunity to infect less than one other susceptible person, halting spread. A paper published by Kirby Institute at the University of New South Wales in Sydney suggests that both waning immunity and the evolution of new viral variants may make vaccine protection levels drop over time, and annual booster vaccination will likely be required. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Finally, something I agree with. Concur with this 100%. 

I totally agree and I will be taking my dollars somewhere else.   I have 2 cruises booked and if the mandate is mask by the pool, I will be cancelling both.  And in my opinion only, I believe many others will too.

I, for one, just want to understand their reasoning behind their requirements as other parts of the vacation industry does not have these types of requirements.  I don't grasp it and maybe I'm the dumb one here - but why can I sit at a hotel pool, socially distanced, not knowing who is vaxxed or not and be unmasked.  But I have to sit masked by the pool on a cruise ship when 95/98 are vaxxed.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, bamaone said:

And I do know how you operate. You post it earlier. You think the restrictions are absurd. That's what you typed. But you refuse to stand up for what you believe and you ridicule anyone who does even though you say they are right. 

You conveniently left off that I refuse to "break laws/policies" even if I don't like them. Go protest or send a letter but your version to violate laws/policy first doesn't mean I or anyone else is refusing to stand up as that's insulting.  

3 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

When did restrictions until everyone is vaccinated become the new goal? Now this herd immunity goal moves the goal posts even further. That was never the intention. The intention was to slow things down and not overwhelm hospitals/morgues and time to develop therapeutics. Now vaccines are being hung over peoples heads for their freedoms back? Ridiculous! Vaccines are like seat belts, condoms, helmets or any other prophylactic; you use them to protect you. If folks don't want to take them to protect themselves then fine. They can live/die with the results.

I'm perplexed by your comment. You can get a ticket and have to go to court for not wearing a seat belt or helmet. But, I do not believe even though you made the comparison to getting the vaccine that you believe you should have legal consequences for choosing not to get vaccinated.

9 minutes ago, bamaone said:

Now you lust babbling silly stuff. No correlation at all 

Whatever as you just spent the last few pages saying it was perfectly acceptable to break laws/policies if you don't like it as otherwise your not "standing up". I'm done with this as I refuse to further debate with somebody that doesn't believe in law and order (or for that matter my Christian faith). Have a good day bamaone.

5 minutes ago, embarkation75 said:

You conveniently left off that I refuse to "break laws/policies" even if I don't like them. Go protest or send a letter but your version to violate laws/policy first doesn't mean I or anyone else is refusing to stand up as that's insulting.  

I apologize for making you feel insulted for not standing up for what you believe. 

And you keep saying  "violate laws/policy". Where I live in the great state of Alabama we don't have mask or social distance laws. 

Edited by bamaone

36 minutes ago, Radiioman46 said:

There are a lot of ppl that believe that these vaccines aren't really vaccines, but are designed for nefarious purposes. They have only been approved for emergency purposes only, so they are not really fully approved by the FDA, which would have taken many years.

While reading the latest CSO update from the CDC, it seems to me, that these dimwits don't believe the vaccines are real either. LOL!

They haven't done their homework obviously, because in the last year, there have been several Theraputics that have come on the market, and have been tested at least as much as the vaccines have been tested, and have been found to be very effective in treating patients that have been infected with Covid19.

The mitigation policies developed so far should be factoring in the use of these Theraputics, which would make a big difference in their protocols.

So, for those of you who pretend the CDC knows what they're doing, and are making good mandates to the cruises, that's your business. BUT, don't expect the rest of us to pretend along with you.

The vaccine(s) have applied for full approval, it was announced today Pfizer has applied and Moderna will soon. I really couldn't care less what people want to believe or their personal rational behind vaccines. Get a vaccine, don't get a vaccine, pray to your god, pray to a animal/rock/pet/object, hope for the best, believe strongly or in whatever higher power people believe in; hell, call it a hoax or poison if you want. The vaccine is available and plentiful and the option to protect oneself is on the table for any who want it. Time to get on with it and let people live with the consequences of their decisions. Holding peoples freedoms hostage isn't going to change anyone's mind but it's a sure fire way to piss everyone off. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Radiioman46 said:

There are a lot of ppl that believe that these vaccines aren't really vaccines, but are designed for nefarious purposes. They have only been approved for emergency purposes only, so they are not really fully approved by the FDA, which would have taken many years.

The there only approved for emergency purpose excuse may soon be gone as Pfizer (and I would guess Moderna will follow) is now asking for regular certification.

Pfizer preps application for full COVID-19 vaccine authorization, seeks storage and EUA changes from FDA | AHA News

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

"Taking a stand" does not entitle you to disregard a lawful regulation or a policy put in place by a business.  Stand outside that business and let your voice be heard, post a comment or review on the business's website, or contact local authorities if you believe that the policy is not lawful.  Other than that, comply with the policy or don't patronize the business.  We don't get to choose which laws or policies we don't like and act in contravention of them because we disagree with them.  That's what participating in a free society is all about.  We take our freedoms and liberties tempered by laws, rules and regulations that protect all of us.

Until they become draconical ...