New CDC limitations on cruise ship return to service - as of 5/5/21

srpilo

54 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

remember,  some won't get the shot because it has microchips in it.

What is the supposed purpose of those supposedly included microchips?  

As a senior citizen who has no signs of dementia , having such microchips within me, might be an advantage when--if--dementia occurs.  And, I don't know where I am.  Perhaps, my POA could determine where the h*&l is Uncle rkacruiser?  😄

Edited by rkacruiser
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

13 minutes ago, Roz said:

Eating a pre-packaged meal in my cabin by myself is VERY unappealing.

How does one maintain 6 ft. of distance between passengers on a tour bus or van?

Essentially the CDC has stopped the start-up of cruising, without placing an outright ban on it.  These restrictions have the same effect.  In the meantime, passengers are packed like sardines into planes  but that's OK.  

We can stay home and eat takeout for a lot less than a cruise.  We are not willing to pay the inflated prices to eat “pre packaged” food in our cabin.  I’m wondering how 6 ft spacing works on any tour in the Caribbean with the exception of 4 wheeler, Jeep tours, and water sports.  Getting there is another proposition all together.... as would be tendering!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

What is the supposed purpose of those supposedly included microchips?  

Bill Gates wants to track you...The "man" wants to track you...know what you are doing every minute...saves on black helicopters flying around....not that the cell phone you carry around ISN'T tracking you.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Now that the CDC has issued the requirements to restart sailing, some are still not happy. Then stay home for six months  and see how the re-start goes. You need to remember that the cruises in Europe  had problems initially and even paused twice until they learned how to have successful cruises. Currently they are conducted the same way as what the CDC will require only without the vaccine requirement. Served food, social distancing, bubble excursions, limited capacity on bus excursions, etc. just like what the CDC has stated will be required.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Red Haired Lady said:

The US CDC does not have jurisdiction outside the US.  But I am wondering if the cruise lines would still follow the guidelines.  

But the CDC has significant influence around the world. The CDC and FDA are consider strong leaders in their field. Many countries either follow them verbatim, or strongly follow their lead.

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

And I have no problem with the buffet being served instead of self serve, but what does that have to do with Covid, an aerosol spread virus.

Maybe that will be the end of people jumping the line so that "Can I just get a piece of bacon?" and sticking their contaminated plate over the counter.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

What I don’t understand with all of these stipulations why the CDC doesn’t  go ahead and require vaccinations. I think most of us would feel safer that way. And if they did maybe they could relax some of the other requirements. I suppose at this point I am taking a wait and see position. We seldom venture out on our own and tend to take the cruise line excursions so that isn’t a biggie. Nor is wearing a mask when around groups closely spaced. Doing it already. Pre-packaged food, now that is something that does not excite me. But at this point I am not planning to cancel although they may do it for me. 

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

You need to remember that the cruises in Europe  had problems initially and even paused twice until they learned how to have successful cruises. 

That was pre-vaccine.  

• Like 3

Stateside cruises on the Mississippi, Inter-coastal Waterways, Columbia River  or just an old fashioned road trip, and destination vacations may be future options.

On the other hand CDC does not rule in Europe!

It is what it is. Changing every day!

More people getting vaccinated would help and I respect individual choices but IMO it would help get us back to normal sooner.

We received small pox, yellow fever, polio, measles, mumps, pneumonia, flu, shingles etc. and are still alive.

With our combined 52 years of military service me and DW where required to get whatever the military required. Hearts still beating!

As medical career individuals we respect those with medical immune or religious issues.

Just saying if your sitting on the fence on getting  vaccinated help us get back to normal.

I have heard it’s my body and that is OK. I would rather hear let’s unite and get rid of this curse in our lives. Look at our history and what if our ancestors and veterans didn’t stand up and fight a crisis or war.

We can do this!👏🏻

Let’s unite and end this and get back to normal!

Bottom line is here on Cruise Critic we are starving to cruise again.

LET MAKE IT HAPPEN!🛳

I’m OK being slammed by this post!😷

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Roz said:

What was the point of getting vaccinated if we're essentially still locked down?  I don't get it.

Please read through the forum as others have been much more eloquent on this subject than I could be. 

2 hours ago, KirkNC said:

We can stand most anything, even some we consider silly for vaccinated passengers (temp checks, Covid test) but if we can’t get off a ship and wander aimlessly, we ain’t cruising. 

That’s one of the reasons we booked the 2023 GWV, not the 2022.

3 hours ago, Red Haired Lady said:

The US CDC does not have jurisdiction outside the US.  But I am wondering if the cruise lines would still follow the guidelines.  

It's questionable whether the CDC even has authority to institute these types of limitations. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, cruisegirl said:

What I don’t understand with all of these stipulations why the CDC doesn’t  go ahead and require vaccinations. I think most of us would feel safer that way. And if they did maybe they could relax some of the other requirements. I suppose at this point I am taking a wait and see position. We seldom venture out on our own and tend to take the cruise line excursions so that isn’t a biggie. Nor is wearing a mask when around groups closely spaced. Doing it already. Pre-packaged food, now that is something that does not excite me. But at this point I am not planning to cancel although they may do it for me. 

CDC does not have the authority to require vaccinations. Only states do (SCOTUS case law).

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

Bill Gates wants to track you...The "man" wants to track you...know what you are doing every minute...saves on black helicopters flying around....not that the cell phone you carry around ISN'T tracking you.

The sooner we are microchipped the better.  All for it.

• Like 1

I hunted around on the CDC site and I believe this link (updated today, the 5th) takes you to the current requirements for cruising.  It doesn't address everything though....such as how will the safety drill be held but it has quite a bit of info in it.

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/covid19-cruiseships.html

11 minutes ago, ChutChut said:

It's questionable whether the CDC even has authority to institute these types of limitations. 

Didn't the CDC just shutdown the cruise industry for 14 months?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Heartgrove said:

Maybe that will be the end of people jumping the line so that "Can I just get a piece of bacon?" and sticking their contaminated plate over the counter.

agree 100%.  I for one will not miss self serve anything. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Roz said:

What was the point of getting vaccinated if we're essentially still locked down?  I don't get it.

The point is to stop you from getting seriously ill (or dying) from COVID-19.

L.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChutChut said:

CDC does not have the authority to require vaccinations. Only states do (SCOTUS case law).

Did not know that. Then does that mean the mask requirement for airlines comes from the airlines themselves rather than the CDC?