Do you exercise in many different ways each week

Or  sometimes your good at it- other times your weak

Do you drink your water and get your rest

Of all above do you do your best

If we can try to do everything- everyday in May

We will have loss's the weeks we weigh

(or at least NO gains)

• Thanks 1

Welcome home Belle.  Hope you had a good trip.

Im up 1 lb .  Learning to live with daily weight fluctuations.   I have been good sticking to 1000 cal diet. Documenting calories helps  

Yesterday had a mental meltdown. — someone got me soooo frustrated that the Irish in me exploded.  Good thing about that I was too upset to eat so only at  600 cal. 

Hi all!

Belle ~ welcome back & thanks for starting the thread. Hope you had a good holiday.

Izena ~  I find counting calories the best way for me to lose weight. The problem is my snacks add up to more than some of my meals!! I'm trying to stick to 1200 calories but finding that hard.

Have a nice day & stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Good Morning all - Belle, welcome back - hope you had a good time with your son!   

I too count calories - it keeps me honest - my problem is that I enjoy wine and that does add calories.  

I weighed myself this morning and I am the same as last week.  I will take it - need to start getting more motivated.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and week.  Izena hope you are having a better day today!   Jan

• Like 1

Hello all. Welcome back Belle.  Hope your trip was as enjoyable as mine. Was down .5 lbs this morning.  I will take that one too.  Too many treats during our trip.  Back to it today.  Worked in the yard all day today.  I will be so sore I  won't be able to move tomorrow.  Did get a lot done though.  Everyone have a good week.  Until later....Susan

Yes I had a good trip with my son. Was happy I stayed the same after 8 days

away. Yesterday was down 2 lbs but think it was because I wasn't

drinking enough. Back to normal today

Izena---Thank you for starting the thread last week. Sorry your scale is going

up and down. Hope your day was better.

Jo---I know snacks --they are the best but our downfall at times. 

Jan---Glad you stayed the same. Doesn't wine have the lowest calories? So

a better choice then beer.

Susan---Glad you had a good trip too. You did better eating wise, you had a loss.

Isn't it some good news about cruising.  Everything will run faster if everyone gets

the vaccine instead of them doing test cruise sailing. Safer if everyone had the

vaccine, that makes sense to me. Still some say they won't cruise if need a shot.

Glad everyone is fine. 

Happy Friday.  Early happy Mother’s Day.  Enjoy your day.  

painter came by  was pleased with everything about him.  First off he was wearing his mask (he said he was vaccinated told him so was I ) he also ha dead me a business card and statement showing proof of libielity. Appears my generation.  He said his whole crew is about same age.  His bid was half of the max I was willing to pay. (Have always done my own painting never ceilings.  Scheduled for july.  

Now I have something to keep me busy.  Stared scrubbing baseboards.

The wood looks crown molding rather what I used to having for baseboards.. All the baseboards and door trim was caulked when house built.  ( I think the guy in charge of caulking was paid by the tube - my house is so tight it can’t breathe). I’ve dusted but never washed the boards so that is my project.  

walking is slowing down and it’s not even hot.  Starting to get out before 8 and soon it will be before  7.

Afternoon everybody. Happy Mother's Day! Hope everyone has a good weekend.

I will be celebrating mother's day later in the month. My son will be out of town and

my daughter is working. So a day of quiet...same o--same-o!😄

Izena--Glad your going to get your ceiling done. I haven't even started looking or

getting into research on things I need to get done on the house. Should work on me too!

Just not there yet.

Everyone so quiet. Where's Ombud and Mel?

Glad everyone is fine. 

Happy Friday.  Early happy Mother’s Day.  Enjoy your day.  

painter came by  was pleased with everything about him.  First off he was wearing his mask (he said he was vaccinated told him so was I ) he also ha dead me a business card and statement showing proof of libielity. Appears my generation.  He said his whole crew is about same age.  His bid was half of the max I was willing to pay. (Have always done my own painting never ceilings.  Scheduled for july.  

Now I have something to keep me busy.  Stared scrubbing baseboards.

The wood looks crown molding rather what I used to having for baseboards.. All the baseboards and door trim was caulked when house built.  ( I think the guy in charge of caulking was paid by the tube - my house is so tight it can’t breathe). I’ve dusted but never washed the boards so that is my project.  

walking is slowing down and it’s not even hot.  Starting to get out before 8 and soon it will be before  7.

Just read the new. CDC cruise guidelines.  Sounds pretty restrictive.   
Travelers must be vaccinated AND wear masks inside and outside. 
they were sooo  considerate  don’t have to wear masks in cabin.

I don’t  sail until November to things may change a little.

Doing well walking, counting calories  could do better with water.

My younger son will come by Mother’s Day and install my 2 closet lights. 
We won’t  go out  to eat -  I dislike crowds.   I’ll stick with my chicken but will go get some brisket for him.

Izena---I don't mind having to wear masks or get the vaccine,.

What I don't like is having to take ships tours. I like to go on

my own especially since I've gone to a lot of the ports I would

be cruising to. Suppose to be till Nov. 1st.

The CDC gives with one hand and then takes away with the other.

So tired of their rules for cruises and everything else like airlines,

airports, sports ect have no rules.

Glad you get to see your son. Yes crowded on Mother's Day and

they seem to raise their prices that day too.

A lot of the places around here are closed on Mother' Day.  Not due to Covid but because they are unable to staff with employees.  I am so tired of hearing about mass unemployment while every storefront has a help wanted sign and everyother commercial on TV is a company trying to hire.

• Like 1

Per news: average weight gain during pandemic is 29 lbs. So we should feel really good if we only gain 2, lose 1, lose 2, gain 1 = basically the same.

My waist is up 1" but I feel better after tonight's news

Welcome back Belle!

Happy Mother's Day to ALL on Sunday.

Yes I think our small group has done great during these last

14-15 months after hearing that adults and children have gained

a lot of weight. We've had losers which is great but main thing

we haven't had big gains. We've held steady at our weight.

Of course want to lose but at this time staying the same and not gaining

is a good thing

It's been a stressful time for everyone, election junk, virus, more election junk,

Elections, more virus, the Vaccine ect.  Takes a told on everyone. So WE did Good!

• Like 1

Hi all & Happy Mothers' Day!🌷

Ombud ~ that news makes me feel great! No way I've gained that much!!

I forgot to say Thursday that I was down 0.2 lbs, not much but better than a gain!

Have a nice day & stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

• Like 1

Happy Mother’s day

Ombud. -  your 1” could be bloating.  

Susan -  I agree that there is no excuse why people “can’t find jobs”.   I’ve always thought any job is better than none. 

This site has kept me motivated and sane during the last 10 months.  Everyone has done really well.  I don’t think there has been any significant gains.  Seeing mostly loses and maintenance.   Hoping to get to maintainence  by September.

😃 my closets now have lights.  

UGH— just got back from walk at park + dog park.  Took an hour to walk 2 miles.  It’s 80 degrees and 80% humidity and 75% dew point.  We keep a small pool at park for dogs to cool off -  Jazzper loves pool stretches out belly down,   Only thing that kept me going was the swarms of mosquitoes 

oh well that’s life in south Texas.  

Kept calories below 1000 yesterday.  My tax son is very supportive with my dieting.

Hi all. I needed a little computer break. I was down 1.1 on Thursday. 

I'll be reading through all the posts and catching up today and tomorrow. No orders this week, so I have no excuse not to exercise other than needing to catch up on some housework. If I move fast enough, that still counts though right?😉 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Izena said:

2 miles.  It’s 80 degrees and 80% humidity and 75% dew point.

Wow!! I could not walk in those condition

Son was over yesterday and asked why I just didn't reface the cupboards. Honestly I think it would have been easier. Hope to finish this week

Susan - restaurants in Walnut Creek are offering wait staff up to $30 hr and still few takers 

Afternoon All

Izena---Good job walking in the heat and the mosquitos. Sounds like Jazzoer

is the only one that had fun with the pool.

Mel---Glad your back. Yes sometimes need a break. Good luck with what you

want to do.

Ombud---See your in Clayton, do you read reviews of cruises? Always read the

one from the couple from Clayton who does the Around the World cruises.

Wonder what all the people are doing who did that cruise every year? They

must be lost!

Wishing you all a good evening and sunny Tuesday.

Hi All

I just thought I would share....   hope you don't mind

In January we went away for the a few days, and the place we stay had mirrors all round the bathroom...... Ohhh.... not a good look... Doctor had been at me to lose weight also ..

This was IT....I started.... I was 237 lbs.... so far have lost 48 lbs...  ( goal is 61 lbs loss )

Some hard times, but i have stuck to it... what did i do ? 

first stopping drinking, no after dinner nibbles, and portion sizes reduced by 25-50%.....

after 12 week had wine with dinner 2 or 3 times a week, but everything else i am sticking  too

Good things   Doctor is very happy, have stop taking one of blood pressure tablet,

I can fit into my jeans    ( having lost 6 inch round the middle )

I am not totally strict now.... but feel guilty if one has something bad.... but feel I can get to my goal and stay there.... a weight I haven't seen for 20 + years

And the thing is I did myself...on my terms

Thanks for your time........

Don

Welcome Don!! Great loss

Top pic shows where I got started today, then after cleaning / staining / 1st coat polyurethane, 3rd pic is just finished applying 2nd coat.

20210510_183746.thumb.jpg.d2fc8424b572df3c0c95430275c430e3.jpg

Poor Koda thinks hes done something wrong but has no idea what it is. I keep yelling at him every time he gets near the cupboards

Don congrats on your loss .... please keep posting, it will help us all!!!

Ombud - the cupboards look lovely!!!

I am getting ready to fly to Iowa tomorrow.  I tried on all my "cruise clothes"  They have shrunk in the closet.  Didn't realize that 0.2# per week or less or more over a year or so has made a difference.  We will enjoy our time with family and then hopefully (with everyone's help on this board) we will get back on track.  My next big get together will be in October .... I so want to be back to my normal weight then.  I will hopefully, have the help with everyone on this board.  

Best of luck to all this Thursday.!!!  Jan

• Like 1