Everyone should read the CC News stories dated 5/6

Hlitner

Doesn't everyone know the rules, as currently stated, are temporary? If Covid cases keep going down, and vaccinated numbers continue to climb, it is quite likely the restrictions will be eased, perhaps very quickly. I could see a couple of months of tighter restrictions, then, as the current order gets near expiring, and things are going well, easing of the restrictions. Just is as happening on land.

Many here seem to think we will be wearing masks and sailing at half capacity for the next twenty years. Of course, if people keep resisting science...maybe!

• Like 4

If the rules as stated go at least through October and I have to make final payment in August for my December cruise without knowing for certain how the rules will change in November i won't be making that final payment. 

Edited by Underwatr
  • Like 1

On 5/7/2021 at 6:31 AM, Honolulu Blue said:

But the extensive requirements the CDC demanded for test cruises seem to be only for the test cruises.  One of these per ship should be enough unless someone screws up or something really bad happens.  

Imagine the dining room entrance.  6 feet distance?  They would need to line up from stem to stern.
Anyone familiar with cruising, after reading the CDC requirements would conclude that there is ZERO chance of compliance.

16 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Many here seem to think we will be wearing masks and sailing at half capacity for the next twenty years. Of course, if people keep resisting science...maybe!

Right - the lack of thought makes things look grim for the long term, much like the lack of thought made the whole situation worse than it had to be in the first place.  If people had early on not failed to take reasonable precautions, the spread would have been much slower, and if they now more widely accepted vaccinations real control would come much sooner.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1