Cabin changes

Kittyonions

8 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

We are on that sailing so I will spend the whole time wondering is that person Pink-belle.

There will be so few of us on there, we will all be on first name terms 🤣 or is that wishful thinking? It will be interesting with this being the first passenger sailing, looking forward to just going with the flow, and having a different experience.  If it’s open my venue of choice is the Sunset Bar.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2021 at 4:10 PM, Pink-belle said:

There will be so few of us on there, we will all be on first name terms 🤣 or is that wishful thinking? It will be interesting with this being the first passenger sailing, looking forward to just going with the flow, and having a different experience.  If it’s open my venue of choice is the Sunset Bar.

Our venue of choice, in the evenings, is the Crow's Nest or the Blue Bar if there is reasonable entertainment. The one place you will not find us is in Brodie's. I have never seen such a waste of space on a ship let alone the least pub like, now the Red Lion on the Queen Elizabeth that is a wonderful "British" pub on a ship imo.

Edited by MX-Drew

2 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

Our venue of choice, in the evenings, is the Crow's Nest or the Blue Bar if there is reasonable entertainment. The one place you will not find us is in Brodie's. I have never seen such a waste of space on a ship let alone the least pub like, now the Red Lion on the Queen Elizabeth that is a wonderful "British" pub on a ship imo.

Crows Nest may well be a better choice on a UK sailing.
Snap! We also avoid Brodie’s.  That’s the great thing about cruise ships, choices for everyone. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Had an email on the 15 June cabin being down graded from disabled cabin reading the email they will send a new booking on ARORA in August and it will be take it or cancel under their rules you can't take a fold up mobility scooter in a normal cabin, is this disability discrimination as I see other disabled people have had the same problem, 

Equality Act 2010

Traders and service providers must remove the barriers you face because of your disability so you can access and use their goods and services in the same way, as far as this possible, as someone who's not disabled. The Equality Act 2010 calls this the duty to make reasonable adjustments

NewWestwardbound, Knowles.s76 asked "is this disability discrimination", and you have copy and pasted two extracts from Law.

Are you suggestion P&O are discriminating in these cases?

My take is they are not.

As the both Acts are quite clear they must make "reasonable adjustments."  They, in my opinion have done that by ensuring their ships have a percentage of cabins suitable for a variety of disabilities.

It is unfortunate that they are in an unforeseeable situation whereby they must make further adjustments to cater for the isolation of Covid victims.I think the offer that has been made of an alternative cruise is fair and reasonable.

But I am not a lawyer and perhaps those with disabilities that feel they maybe discriminated against, would be able to pursue any claim they think they may have by legal means.

My reading is that “reasonable adjustment” would need to be made by P&O in the application of any policy; including the policy of changing customers allocated cabins to accommodate potential isolation cases. I am making no assessment of whether P&O has made such reasonable adjustment. Nor am I a lawyer. 

1 minute ago, NewWestwardbound said:

My reading is that “reasonable adjustment” would need to be made by P&O in the application of any policy; including the policy of changing customers allocated cabins to accommodate potential isolation cases. I am making no assessment of whether P&O has made such reasonable adjustment. Nor am I a lawyer. 

Yep, that would be my take on it also. However people without disabilities are also being moved. If there were no alternative cabins available, they too will probably get the offer of an alternative cruise or their money back.

Noting that disabled and able bodied travellers appear to be being treated identically, my question would be whether  reasonable adjustments been made in the treatment of disabled travellers. Particularly given the significant additional impact of a cabin move on a disabled traveller versus an able bodied traveller (ultimately resulting in a disabled traveller being unable to travel on the cruise). But I guess that only P&O can answer this question. 

3 hours ago, NewWestwardbound said:

When this was discussed before, I seem to remember it being said that P&O also had to ensure that there were enough adapted cabins available for disabled passengers requiring isolation. So really, they’re ensuring that there IS provision available for disabled passengers.