Proof of Vaccination from 17th May in England

Pink-belle

8 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

I would suggest everyone stops worrying and speculating what they will do for backups and what happens if all phones stop working etc. until 17th May when we see what the answer to all this is.

Why plan now for something that may not even be a problem in 5 days time?

You are right, of course. Some of us, me included, have too much time on our hands in this rainy weather! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, purplesea said:

We will be getting a paper letter as I do not have wifi on my phone when I'm out and about.

We might have to wait some time for the letter if millions of people rush to get their copy. I imagine the 119 number being overwhelmed 😨

3 minutes ago, davecttr said:

We might have to wait some time for the letter if millions of people rush to get their copy. I imagine the 119 number being overwhelmed 😨

That's as maybe but I, and I know a lot of others, that don't have an alternative!

1 hour ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I've just had confirmation from the NHS App that they have approved my ID. 

When I logged in, my jabs were there.

It took 4 days to get approval.

Which of the NHS apps is this?  

Edited by Ranchi
Clarity.

2 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

I would suggest everyone stops worrying and speculating what they will do for backups and what happens if all phones stop working etc. until 17th May when we see what the answer to all this is.

Why plan now for something that may not even be a problem in 5 days time?

That's no fun, half the enjoyment is fanciful speculation about what would happen if lightning struck your phone and wiped out all your data, and you were marooned in a Caribbean paradise with no way of getting back to drab, wet and cold Britain.😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Ranchi said:

Thank you. I’ve got (& use) that app but it doesn’t seem to have my vaccination record on it - yet. 

I think it depends on whether your doctor has allowed access.  Hopefully, on the 17th, everyone will be able to see their vaccination record for Covid 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ranchi said:

Thank you. I’ve got (& use) that app but it doesn’t seem to have my vaccination record on it - yet. 

Bizzarely I found mine under medications my GP had prescribed!!

7 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Bizzarely I found mine under medications my GP had prescribed!!

Same for me , but unlike armid app there is no vaccination tab , just my health record  which had vaccination amongst other things. 

See what appears on 17th 

1 hour ago, Windsurfboy said:

Same for me , but unlike armid app there is no vaccination tab , just my health record  which had vaccination amongst other things. 

See what appears on 17th 

Mine is the same, no specific vaccination feature, just listed amongst your medical records. However it does state you can download specific records to your phone, but you are then responsible for the privacy of the data.

On 5/7/2021 at 6:48 PM, Pink-belle said:

Today the Government announced how to prove Covid vaccination for those of us in England.

from the 17th May, as expected it will be via the NHS app.

For those without smartphones or tablets you can obtain a letter by calling 119.  It must be 5 days after complete vaccination and will take about 5 days to arrive.

the Gov.uk site has the details

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/demonstrating-your-covid-19-vaccination-status-when-travelling-abroad

Would the letter be free of charge and what would it say? And how would they know it is not forged?

Does anyone else think that it is strange that P&O are saying that everyone has to have proof of vaccination before boarding but are letting people book with children even though there is no plan to vaccinate children at the moment?

18 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Does anyone else think that it is strange that P&O are saying that everyone has to have proof of vaccination before boarding but are letting people book with children even though there is no plan to vaccinate children at the moment?

Is that actually the case for the summer cruises? 

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

P&O say that you can book with children but it also says everyone has to have had 2 jabs plus a week otherwise no boarding. So a few children may be aboard but only if they have had their jabs,

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Would the letter be free of charge and what would it say? And how would they know it is not forged?

I have no idea, but keeping an eye on the official Government Page, would be the best way to get the accurate information needed 😏

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

No I don’t think it’s odd,  it’s quite clear in the information that you must be fully vaccinated.  If your child was vaccinated and not allowed to book that would be discrimination. 
As well as certain medical conditions there have been trials of vaccine in children, so although there may be few there could be some children eligible to sail on these cruises. 

• Like 2