Carry on bag size

KYBOB

We are scheduled to go on a Princess land tour before our cruise next year. In reading various accounts and the information from Princess the bag size is recommended to be 17”x14”x 4”. Then I have read others say 15”x14”x6”. Well the pack I have is 19”x11.5”x 6.5” so just how tight is it ? Or are they like the air lines and if it is over have to check it? 

I am willing to bet on the train the tables of 4 with two people facing  the other 2 will be gone. But would be nice to still have the tables with just 2 people at one table. 

I don't know about Princess or HAL but I have taken similar sized bags with photo gear

on board the Alaska RR bi-level Gold Star cars. You have to sacrifice some foot space.

There is some accessible space under the seat in front of you like being on a airline.

Where the seats (seating for 4) face each other space is limited (LOL pull the floor up

and rest your feet on the luggage ottoman) this would not be possible with table placement.

About those tables Alaska RR does not have the tables on the upper level - only in the

dining portion on the lower level. Princess and HAL may have the same or a different

set up - - -  Readers comment 

Your larger checked luggage is trucked ahead of you to your hotel or awaiting ship