What is Your Favorite Appetizers you had on your Cruise......

BklynBoy8

54 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Liver with real Jewish rendered Chicken Fat makes it original.

At home I sautee the white sweet onions with Veg. Oil then add the liver. On side good hard boiled eggs peeled and cooled. After liver made cooled I put it thru a hand mill or Hand chopped to combine to all to chop consistency. Good Rye Bread or Your favorite with thin slice of white onion below liver on bread. Yum! 

Yes, I know it is real......my mom made it with real chicken fat🙂 and she made awesome matzah ball soup  and all the other great stuff in our history too🙂

18 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Yes, I know it is real......my mom made it with real chicken fat🙂 and she made awesome matzah ball soup  and all the other great stuff in our history too🙂

Chopped liver wouldn’t be chopped liver without the schmaltz!  I like to cheat a bit by topping my chopped liver with a small dab of mayonnaise…ooops.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Chopped liver wouldn’t be chopped liver without the schmaltz!  I like to cheat a bit by topping my chopped liver with a small dab of mayonnaise…ooops.  

I love that!.......I put the mayo on the rye bread and make a sammie🙂

8 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I love that!.......I put the mayo on the rye bread and make a sammie🙂

A small dab of Mayo on top of the chopped liver and thinly sliced red onion on a cracker or better yet a piece of dark rye grilled with butter!  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Lois R said:

I like fluffy light Matzah Balls in Broth.

Also like made right, Potato Pancakes with either Sour Cream or Apple Sauce. Being Polish our local Deli offers and Mom made great at home, Stuffed Cabbage. Deli uses a Sweet & Sour Sauce and Mom used Basic Tomato Sauce..Not Italian Tomato Sauce. 

We call them Potato Latkas😃......and both sides are delicious with them. My mom would make the latkas....omg......she would grate up the potatoes  and add lots of onions.......grated up too.  They bring wonderful memories to me........thank you. They were sooooooo good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Lois R said:

We call them Potato Latkas😃......and both sides are delicious with them. My mom would make the latkas....omg......she would grate up the potatoes  and add lots of onions.......grated up too.  They bring wonderful memories to me........thank you. They were sooooooo good.

Did you say Latkas???  Mmmmmm…what great memories.  My first experience with good Jewish deli food happened in 1969 when I first lived in Boston.  I quickly became addicted to all the old familiar recipes.  Potato latkas were an all time favorite.  I proposed to MDW over chopped liver, kishka, latkas and brisket at Kens Deli in Copley Square in 1970…LOL.  She said yes and we will be married 50 years…this Fall.  I think that says a lot about latkas!  

4 minutes ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Did you say Latkas???  Mmmmmm…what great memories.  My first experience with good Jewish deli food happened in 1969 when I first lived in Boston.  I quickly became addicted to all the old familiar recipes.  Potato latkas were an all time favorite.  I proposed to MDW over chopped liver, kishka, latkas and brisket at Kens Deli in Copley Square in 1970…LOL.  She said yes and we will be married 50 years…this Fall.  I think that says a lot about latkas!  

Hey🙂...that is a great story........my first experience? LOL......I was born into it.

50 years? OMG........Mazel Tov😃

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hey🙂...that is a great story........my first experience? LOL......I was born into it.

50 years? OMG........Mazel Tov😃

Thanks Lois.  We really miss those great delis that have gone the way of the horse and buggy.  I have to cook the deli food in order to enjoy it.  I make a great latka.  

2 minutes ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Thanks Lois.  We really miss those great delis that have gone the way of the horse and buggy.  I have to cook the deli food in order to enjoy it.  I make a great latka.  

I know you said you go to the Doc tomorrow.......hope all goes well.👍

Just now, Lois R said:

I love escargot too.........yum!👍

Escargot…tastes great when they come fresh from the vineyard in the Fall.  My favorite way of preparing them is Belgian style.  Diced with mushrooms and onions and sautéed with butter, garlic and a good white wine.  Served in a dish and sopped up with good French bread…WOW!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

We do have Deli's in Brooklyn & Manhattan with that Good Olde Jewish taste.

In Manhattan there was Katz's, Stage Deli, Carnegie and we are blessed several in Brooklyn. Like our Mill Basin Deli.

We went to a Jewish Wedding of a Cousin once and Latkes w Sour Cream w Caviar as a App. 

2 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

In Manhattan there was Katz's, Stage Deli, Carnegie and we are blessed several in Brooklyn. Like our Mill Basin Deli.

We went to a Jewish Wedding of a Cousin once and Latkes w Sour Cream w Caviar as a App. 

You don’t know how lucky you are BB!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BklynBoy8 said:

I know all those places..........I know NYC has some of the best in the world.

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Just checking in......what did the Doc say?

Thanks Lois,

I had a very good meeting with my surgeon this AM.  She explained everything in detail…even drew me a map to show how she was going to give me 100% circulation.  I’m scheduled for June 28th.  I’ll have to meet for a few preliminary tests but all looks good.

I can’t say enough good things about Lahey Clinic and my doctors…WOW!!  

Cheers!